@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elizabethcan Ah, that sounds very interesting! I’d love to read it when you’re finished!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@morgan Whoa, that sounds really cool! Feel free to check out our WIP chat to tell us more!
-
Lin replied to the topic Short Story Contest in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j Good luck on your contest! I hope loads of people join!
I was gonna wait till the second to last day but, y’know -
Katherine replied to the topic Short Story Contest in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
And I’m going to tag some more peeps, ’cause writing contests are the best!!!!!!! 😉
@ribbonash @imwritehere1920 @nanisnook @keilah-h @scripter-of-kingdoms @lewilliams @beth-darlene @nova21 @morgan
-
Lin replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@elizabethcan Hey welcome! Nice to meet you!
Some questions to get to know you, ahhh….
1. What’s your current WIP about? The Great Depression is an awesome time period to write in, I think.
2. Pineapple on pizza? Yes or no?
3. What music do you like?
Hope to see you around!
-
Katherine replied to the topic Short Story Contest in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@gracie-j I think destiny is calling me to enter in your contest.😂 Let me explain, first, I just so happen to open the email to your contest blog post earlier today.
I have no idea why I waited so late to open the email! XDI thought to myself, “hm, this sounds interesting!” But I’m thinking about it as I went about my day. THEN I just so happen…[Read more] -
Lin replied to the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
@kathleenramm Ah, thank you! Kenneth is probably one of the only decent people I have left.
Ah, now I really want to hear more about your story! An ice cream shop? Bounty hunter? I’m all in!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@morgan Awesome! Do you have a synopsis that you’d like to share with us?
Ah, those movies are really good. And epic music is really great to write to!
Those are nice hobbies! I miss playing with Legos, haha…
Eyy, Hawaiian pizza for the win!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@morgan Hi and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! We’re so glad to have you here!
Fantasy is awesome. I write quite a bit myself. Do you have a story that you’re currently on?
Any movies or music that you particularly enjoy?
What other hobbies do you have besides writing?
And finally, do you think pineapples belong on pizza?
Lovely to have you…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
Woah, your ruthless! Just joking, but poor Fulke! Would you try to get him out of prison or would you just skedaddle? I mean from your description, he does kinda sound like someone who might deserve to be there. But it’s quite a unusual and tragic ending to die because of “Security camera ignorance”.
Yes! I absolutely love…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
Hi! Awesome to have you here in the Kingdom!
Fantasy is great! I pretty much love any genre, as long as the characters good.
Do you have any favorite books?
And when did you start writing, and what made you start?
I’ve been writing on and off since I was seven. I started partially because I was inspired by all the novels and stories…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
For some reason, I feel like I’m getting a better idea of who your guys’ character more from these three questions than most character questionnaire sheets, haha. XD
I’ve never been particularly interested in books about werewolves, but after reading you character descriptions, that may be changing…
Just by d…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
@kathleenramm *spent hours trying to decide which WIP*
All right, three out of the four main characters of my current work:
1. Kenneth Ouyang, the quiet (former?) student teacher (is he a student or a teacher? who knows) known for always wearing a white baseball cap. The leader of the operation. Trying to balance questing with taking care of his…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
“Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote: which one would you go to brunch with, which one would you rob a bank with, and which one would you pull an elaborate prank on?”
Hmmm… Okay, I take the story I’m writing with my siblings ’cause it’s currently my favorite.
Here are three of our six main characters.
- Barrett, the…
-
Katherine replied to the topic Encouragement needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@abigail-m I love that, Abigail!!!!!! 😀 Thank you for sharing!!!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi everyone! So excited to be a part of this:) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@milena The Lord of the Rings is such a good trilogy! I haven’t watched the others yet, but I’ll make a note of them!
The Great Gatsby was very good! I haven’t read the others, but I’ve been meaning to read The Girl on the Train. Coming of age books are very good, I agree.
Absolute mood. I also adore music. And I have listened to The…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Anyone else feel like all your story ideas are beyond your skill level? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
I’m a bit late to this topic and everyone else had great advice, but I just decided to pitch in my thoughts just in case it can help at all. 🙂
My best advice for handling darker, grittier things, is not the most helpful advice because a lot of people can’t do it, but to have some kinda first hand experience with it, or be really…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hi everyone! So excited to be a part of this:) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
Hi! Awesome to have you!
I’ve recently been getting into poetry, but haven’t tried writing any myself. What has been the inspiration for your latest poem?
I love writing short stories! Like Jodi, I’ve been trying to write at least one a month, however the past few days I feel like the creative writing part of my brain has taken a…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic How to make your plot more exciting? in the forum Plotting 5 years, 4 months ago
@joy-caroline I just remember that my previous WIP had a boring plotline as well! Honestly, I’m not sure what I did to make it more interesting though!!😂 My MC kinda took control and then changed EVERYTHING I had planned before the plotline became interesting. So, yeah, I hope you’ll work it all out for your story!!!!!!! 😀 <33
-
Katherine replied to the topic How to make your plot more exciting? in the forum Plotting 5 years, 4 months ago
@joy-caroline Something like this has happened to me. I was working on my current novel several weeks ago and found myself bored with it. So, I decided to skip the boring scenes and write a more interesting one. Though I’m not sure that helps with your situation. On the other hand, I not all that great with plot anyway (at least, I don’t think I…[Read more]
- Load More
