Hi everyone! So excited to be a part of this:)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone! So excited to be a part of this:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Milena
    @milena
      • Total Posts: 8

I usually write poetry, but I’ve had ideas for several short stories for a while now. I find inspiration in films, novels, music, and everything around me. This site seems so welcoming, a literal Godsend! Hoping to finish up some poems and submit them here soon:)

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@milena

Welcome to KP! It’s great to meet you!

Yay poetry! I adore writing and reading poetry. Also, short stories are great. I would absolutely love to read some of your work here on the site.

Okay, to start off the welcoming party, how about a little question and answer session?

1. Who’s your favorite poet? Since I really like war poetry – I think it’s so profound – Wilfred Owen is among my favorites. I also love Lucy Maud Montgomery’s poetry.

2. Favorite poem? Mine is “In Flanders Fields” by John McCrae.

3. Do you like short story collections, and if so, what’s your favorite? I like The Blythes are Quoted by L.M. Montgomery – which also contains some wonderful poetry. I recommend it. The themes are a bit too dark for my taste, but I keep the book in my shelf because I appreciate everything Montgomery and Anne Shirley-Blythe.

4. What’s your favorite book? Mine are Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Highly, highly recommend both if you haven’t read them!

5. What genres do you like to read and write? My two genres are historical fiction and Biblical fiction.

6. Most important question of all, LOL. @devastate-lasting, beat you to it again! And the question is… pineapple on pizza? Personally, it’s my favorite pizza topping. XD

*shakes hands* Again, great to have you join us!

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@milena Hi there! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope you have an awesome time here! I’m Linyang, one of the members here!

Ah, I used to write a ton of poetry! I’m looking forward to seeing whatever you share!

Short stories are fun! And I totally relate to finding inspiration everywhere. What are some of your favorite movies/books/songs?

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Elizabeth
          @lewilliams
            • Total Posts: 252

@milena Hello and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m Elizabeth; it’s so nice to meet you!:)

Poetry is so cool!! You should definitely submit some–I’d love to read some of your work:D Ah yes, films and music are such great places for inspiration. Do you have any particular favorites (films or music)? For me, I tend to gravitate towards animation (Into the Spider-Verse is pretty spectacular, but the Emperor’s New Groove is pretty close to being my all-time favorite:D).

Also–when you aren’t writing, what are some things you like to do for fun?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!!! (You have such a cool username, btw.:D)

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Madelyn
            @madelyn
              • Total Posts: 115

Welcome to KP!

I, myself, haven’t been a part of KP for a while, but I’ve been following the forums for years.

It’s great to meet you! I love writing poetry as well; what types of poetry do you write?

I’ll see you around the forums!

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@milena Hi there! Lovely to have you here! KP is such an awesome place where we just get to hang out with other God-focused authors and chat about random stuff, and it’s so much fun!

Hmm…let’s see…Some questions! Where in the world are you from? (Feel free to be as vague as you like!) And do you have any pets? Or if you don’t, would you like some?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Elfwing
                @elfwing
                  • Total Posts: 486

@milena

Hi!!!!

Cool to meet you!

Poetry is epic! you totally should submit some!!! *sighs dreamily * I love poetry!!! Most of mine don’t work out, (two in the last ten years of my life XD) so I really admire those who can make poetry. that is really cool!

alright, now for the serious question… *drumroll * Are you a Tolkien fan? (don’t worry, not offended if you aren’t. I just wanted to ask a question XD)

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Jodi Maile
                  @jodi-maile
                    • Total Posts: 138

@milena

Hi! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! It’s so nice to meet you. I’m Jodi, one of the writing interns for KP. When I’m writing my stories, I usually write fantasy, historical fiction, and sometimes dystopian fiction.

I’m excited to read your poems! I love the poetry Kingdom Pen publishes. Short stories can be super fun–I’ve been trying to do one a month for the entire year to stretch my writing skills 🙂

I also find inspiration in films. I’d love to know which ones have inspired you the most?

Welcome again and I hope to see you around the forums!

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@milena

Hi! Awesome to have you!

I’ve recently been getting into poetry, but haven’t tried writing any myself. What has been the inspiration for your latest poem?

I love writing short stories! Like Jodi, I’ve been trying to write at least one a month, however the past few days I feel like the creative writing part of my brain has taken a vacation. XD

Again, great to have you! See you around!

Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m
                        • Total Posts: 1242

@milena

Hi Milena! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Abigail by the way and you write poetry? That’s awesome! 😀 Poetry is one of my very favorite things to write and there’s always so many fun formats and freedom with it. Do you write structured or freestyle poetry? Do you have a favorite poem or poet?

Once again, a hearty welcome:D It’s amazing to have you here at KP!

Milena
                        @milena

It’s so nice to meet you, I love your work:)

1) My favorite poet is probably Sylvia Plath or Lana Del Rey, their work just speaks to me I think. I Also love Wilfred Owen’s poetry, I studied him in school for a little bit.

2) Solid choice, Flanders fields is beautiful. I’d say mine is “The Destruction of Sennacherib” by Lord Byron.

3) Honestly I haven’t read enough of them to decide on a favourite, but I’m willing to go on a hunt for something good.

4) Ahh picking just one is always so hard, but I’d say “the help” by Katherine Stockett. It focuses on racial segregation in the ’60s, yet it’s heartwarming and funny. Definitely recommend that one, if you haven’t read it yet.

5) Historical and Biblical fiction sounds so interesting, I’d love to explore some of that. For me, I love reading fiction, dystopian, coming of age, and specifically books with a sense of nostalgia – anything to do with the 1970s – 1990s. As for writing, it’s mostly a range of poetry and coming of age, I like to write what I know if that makes sense.

6) I just ate a bowl of pineapple and currently craving pizza, so yes absolutely! The flavours just work well together and I have no idea why ahaha.

Thank you for being so welcoming, I’m glad I could join:)

Milena
                          @milena

Hii, I love your profile picture:) Looking forward to reading some of your work also.

Some of my favourite movies are The Lord of the rings, school of rock, The karate kid, 500 days of Summer, and almost famous. I honestly have too many though, but those are like my “comfort” movies I’ve seen too many times.

As for books, I love The Great Gatsby, The help, If I stay, The girl on the train, Daisy Jones and the six, the maze runner. I’m pretty versatile when it comes to genre, but a sucker for coming of age.

This is probably the toughest one to answer because I listen to music every second of the day. I’m going to have to go with literally any song by “The neighbourhood” –  their stuff makes me feel nostalgic. My current favourite though, is “little wing” by Jimi Hendrix.

Milena
                            @milena

Heyy, it’s nice to meet you:)

Yess into the spider-verse is so visually stunning, I’d love to set a novel in a big city but I’ve never even been to the US ahaha. I love films or shows that are set in the past, like Forest Gump or Stranger things. I feel like it would be interesting to capture the feel of a certain decade and make the story come alive. Dystopian and action films have recently inspired me, though stuff like that is harder for me to write about. As for songs, Lana Del Rey’s entire discography is just so fitting for the scenes I make up in my mind. I think if I look at the writing process like a film script, I can focus more on the details. Idk.

Hmm when I’m not writing, I’m usually practicing guitar, making mood boards, watching shows, or cat videos. Just the simple things you know?

Oh, thank you:) I’m Polish, so people here get weirded out when they read my name. Loving the Perry the Platypus icon btw, if this summer isn’t like a Phinneas and Ferb episode I’m gonna be disappointed. Hope to see you around also.

Milena
                              @milena

Hello, thanks for having me:)

I like to write rhymed poetry, usually about my experiences, thoughts, faith, whatever comes to mind. What’s your biggest source of inspiration? I’d love to read some of your poems one day.

Hope to see you around!

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@milena The Lord of the Rings is such a good trilogy! I haven’t watched the others yet, but I’ll make a note of them!

The Great Gatsby was very good! I haven’t read the others, but I’ve been meaning to read The Girl on the Train. Coming of age books are very good, I agree.

Absolute mood. I also adore music. And I have listened to The Nieghborhood before, actually. I really like their song “Wires”. They’ve got a very unique feel to them.

Hope to see you around!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >