@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Koshka replied to the topic Newbie here! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I can gush about these too! (And yes, I think that’s the right word)
Hmm, I have a friend who can’t stand Julian, but I always liked her like I do Jay. I don’t mind Jason and Jillian together, but only now since she’s revealed. It would have been weird and totally out of character before. And kinda random, but how old is Jason? I don’t…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey, everyone!! I’m finally here!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello! I’m Koshka, a writer of non-magical medieval-fantasy and other stuff. I got on KP as soon as I got a phone, at sixteen.
So, I haven’t read any of the rest of this thread, but *gasp* you play violin?!?? *Undignified squeal of delight* What do you like to play? How long have you been playing? What method did you learn with? I’m…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Civil War Novel Idea in the forum Historical 3 years, 10 months ago
I’m not currently a his-fic writer, but I am a history nerd research addict, so history sort of works it’s way into my books. (Although most of my research has to do with historical reenacting/costuming, or medieval history) Anyway, I saw this topic and couldn’t pass it up. XD
That sounds like a good start! I like your character ideas,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Newbie here! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the kingdom! Around here I am Koshka, a writer of non-magical medieval-fantasy, random peotry, and other stuff. A lot of other stuff.
And I haven’t taken the time to read through the rest of this thread, so I may ask a question already made but anyway…
AIO!!!! Have you listened to Twenty-Eight hours? Ah, fan scrips. My…[Read more]
-
Ava Blue posted an update 3 years, 10 months ago
Hey all, no worries if you don’t see this but I’d really appreciate any prayers 🙂
I hate to complain but I’ve kind of been having anxiety every waking moment of my life for the past 2 months and lately it’s gotten super fun, like I wake up at 3-5 every morning because I’m having an anxiety attack and then I have another one before I fall asleep…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Here’s some more of my ellf- *cough* alve. 😉
Oh, and whenever I say dancing, I mean frolicking and skipping, if that makes sense.
Inglor
The trees whispered in a soft breeze. He brushed a leaf from his silver-gold hair then paused, watching it drift slowly to the ground before moving on. The sunlight flickered merrily…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh no!!!! *Sob*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
We can hurry this a bit. =)
Amarrin
He held open the door as Ruben helped Hope into the back seat. It was a bit high.
The older boy, who he’d heard called Leo, ran a hand down the side of the…car. “Is this a…”
Almarrin smiled and climbed into the front. “Hold on, this isn’t a smooth ride.
***
It had been a few…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 (Paxton is Soo sweet (and Aramis is a slug.)) @koshka @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h @wilder-w
All righty! This will finish out the day for my characters.
Winton
Most everyone had left, and Liora and Viktor were helping him put the place back in office format when the door opened and a tall man in combat uniform stepped in.
Winton…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
That’s fine! It does sound like him.
One thing though, the meetings are set for ever other school day, so Tuesday and Thursday. That’s so we can get some normal headed home for homework scenes in too. Of course, that can change if y’all want.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@wilder-w @freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @godlyfantasy12
Question: Should Almarrin drive an old car, or a vehicle strangely remenecent of a humvee?
Almarrin
For a second he stared at the name, memorizing each letter. Then he made sure Hope was comfortable on the bench outside the nurse’s office. It was dark inside; apparently the nurse h…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 3 years, 10 months ago
Good question! And I’m thrilled to echo @koshka and say ABSOLUTELY!
For example, Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee wrote retellings for both of those stories titles Ella and Finding Beauty in the Beast , both of which didn’t have magic. In fact, Ella is one of my favorite retellings of all time, and I’ve heard it as a recommendation for all t…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 3 years, 10 months ago
Yes! There are many ways to retell a fairytale without manic. In fact, one of my favorite Cinderella retellings is based in a non-magical fantasy world. Fairytales aren’t about magic, even the slightly out there ones like Goose girl. Instead of using fairies or other magical people’s you can use real people. Stories told this way can…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Wow! I never realized that either. Are you planning to self publish? (I’m not sure yet)
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hey, everyone!! I’m finally here!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Greetings and Salutations! *Throws back the hood of my cloak* I’m called Elishavet around here, and although I bumped into you on another post thing I decided I’d officially say hi.
“Hi!”
Okay, so I’m a young Christian lass that mostly writes a half allegorical form of realistic medieval fantasy, (perhaps called rustic fantasy in some…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @godlyfantasy12
Eira
Stories swirled the air, stirring up memories I’d long locked away. I stared down at the hands folded in my lap, tracing the feel of each bony knuckle. The fingers were long and talon like but much too white for a bird. I closed them tight.
Those things…I’d seen them happen. Sometimes…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @koshka @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h @wilder-w
Winton
“But…does talking about it really help? Can it…can it really help others?” The bright green eyes were a bit watery, and a sigh slipped into Jocelyn’s voice. “I’ve…I’ve just…always wondered why I guess. Why things happen…”
She drifted off as if she’d lost her place. Grimm reac…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 10 months ago
Ooo! I like those! Isn’t it amazing how well a moldboard/collage can express a character’s personality?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @koshka @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h @wilder-w
Sure!
Winton
So… The boy’s were back, and with them a brother he hadn’t met before.
Actually, he had met Dietrich before, but they’d never had a conversation together. Most of the time, the boy had passed him without a glance, as did his older brother. Still, Winton had worried…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I love this twist with Dietrich! It’s awesome!!
Also, I’d forgotten about Leon’s father. 😭
He needs to meet Reúven and Viktor. Like, they don’t talk about it, but then when they realize Leon just lost his father… I just want to see that.
- Load More

I will definitely pray for you! That sounds really unpleasant! 💙💙💙
@mineralizedwritings Sorry for the late reply, but I really appreciate that! I’m feeling so much better now though I still have my moments. I think I just needed to talk to someone about it 🙂
Glad you are feeling better! Talking to people really helps. Idk if you are at a place to do this, sometimes it only works for me after the fact, but I like to write about the stuff that stresses me out. I’ve never had it as bad as you, but I’ve had some depression before, and I have a character like that. It just feels really good to write…[Read more]
Oh it absolutely helps, and I appreciate the suggestion! I’ve been trying to keep a journal but it’s difficult to fight the temptation to just fill it with cartoon scribbles XD
This is kinda weird but whenever I’m mad/sad/stressed it helps me out to make whatever I’m dealing with into a comic. Comedy is my coping strategy for literally everything…[Read more]
Oh i get that! My book is hopefully going to be in comic form one day. I’ve got a scene where theres these two boys laying around (one has depression, the other feels guilty about something awhile ago) and one of them starts talking about how he would like to sleep forever (like that guy in the voyage of the dawn treader who falls into an…[Read more]
@mineralizedwritings ooo I want my stories to be graphic novels too!! Especially Bronwen and Ilwyn’s stories. And I like that dialogue, I can completely relate to that for the majority of the school week lol
I always write my best emotional scenes when I’m actually feeling the emotion, so if I don’t have a notebook handy I try to describe what I’…[Read more]
Yeah…school. I do online, and it’s sooo much less stressful (If you can stay ontop of work by yourself) because socializing is just not a big deal. It’s like internet culture, but in school XD. I do online college now, and it’s not as fun, but I still don’t have to see people. I might take some in person classes this spring 😬 the thought…[Read more]
Yeees I’m doing online school and it’s so great for that exact reason. Socializing in person is scary 🙀 not a fan. And it’s so much easier to make friends too lol. Online college would be awesome! I’m only 15 so it’s still a while off though. Unfortunately the college I want to go to is in-person only 😛
And yes I do that as well XD I actually…[Read more]
@ava-blue
Lol the in person college classes care me XD
I started college at 16 this year, we have this thing in Washington called running start, you can take college classes for highschool credit and college credit at once, and the classes are free except for fees and books. So you graduate hs with a AA degree, if everything is done right. It is…[Read more]
Really?? I’m in Washington (state) and I haven’t heard about that, I’ll look into it! Do you know if you can take summer classes? If there are any art/music related classes I’m for sure gonna ask my mom about that.
Ty fren :3 I appreciate it!
@ava-blue
No way! Your in Washington too?!
yeah! A couple things about it:
I believe it only works through community colleges
You can only take classes over 100 (art 101 is over 100)
You need to make 15 credits a quarter, and still meet hs requirements. 5 college credits=1 hs credit. So generally you will take 3 5 credit classes a quarter. At my…[Read more]
Don’t apologize, I appreciate it! That’s all very helpful. I gtg for dinner but I’ll read through that when I get a chance 😀
ttyl! (sorry for cutting it short 😛 )