-
ClaireC replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien, So happy for you!!! praying for you and her. 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@princessfoo, 😀
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@dragon-snapper, Thank you! The more advice the merrier! 😛 I agree, it is the story that counts the most. 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
I love ‘Fools in the Darkness’, @daeus. Good luck!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@clairec My novels usually run around 80,000, even though I am late. But of course, 50,000 to 100,000 plus is fine too. An author said to me once that the word count doesn’t matter too much though, it’s the story that counts.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@Corissa-maiden-of-praise. Ha Ha!! 😀 Yass, Hot Chocolate! I guess it’s just the right time of year to be drinking it over there; here it’s only late September, but it’s stinking hot already. I don’t like summer. 🙁
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Welcome, @livylynn! Disney World is my favorite place to go on vacation! Do you have a favorite park? Mine are Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
What is your book’s premise?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@aratrea, @reaganramm, @kate-flournoy, @salome01w4g, Thanks guys! 🙂
-
Snapper and
Anne Swiftblade are now friends 9 years ago -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@SeekJustice YAYYYY! Unabridged? That was a pretty fast read! It took me about three months or more. I’m notoriously slow though. 😛 It’s really a brilliant page-turner though, even with all the historical and social interludes. Which were interesting in their own right as well, even though they kept you from the story longer.
SO glad you…[Read more] -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 9 years ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, mighty chosen one, I’d love to sketch your character but I’m waiting until Josiah changes the forum so we can directly upload images. My tablet currently hinders me from posting any images. Plus, I’ve never seen the newer Star Treks so I haven’t the faintest idea of your character’s noble face shape. 😜
Once that feature is…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus I’m going to be really helpful and say I love Fools in the Darkness. I LOVE that thematic tie-in, and it does sound intriguing as a title. I don’t, however, know that it has enough to do with the overall theme, like Kate said… So I really like Key to the Future as well, which has more significance, though it doesn’t sound quite as intriguing.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa Ha! I hadn’t even seen it from that angle, but that’s great. I agree.
And YES. I LOVE THAT. Randall’s a pretty good villain… -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey, hi, hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@sage-g Welcome! Me, my assistant (Aberdeen the Authorosaurus), and his best friend, Dee-Dee the doodledactyl, greet you!
Nice to have another artist on here! What do you like you draw/paint? I mostly enjoy drawing people.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
OH and something else too—the Meet the Staff page. (That’s always been one of my favorite pages. 😀 )
The way it’s formatted now though makes it a little harder to navigate comfortably; with the bios side by side like that instead of all descending makes it so you have to go up and down and back and forth and stuff. It was lots easier to just…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Heheh. 😀
@Daeus I thought so.
@Dragon-Snapper A KP conference would be absolutely amazing. As long as I could come. XDOh and @Aratrea, I don’t know if this is new or if I just didn’t notice it before, but the forum search option is w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. SO convenient. The categorization of site content on the side,…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Great @Anne-of-Lothlorien! You and your family’ll still be in my prayers.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey, hi, hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@sage-g Hey!! Welcome to Kingdompen!
*fist pump* Homeschooled! Sweet!Do you have a novel you’re currently working on?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, hi, hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Hi @Sage-G! If you’re a long-time stalker then you know what you’re up for here. 😀 Good to have you!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 9 years ago
@catwing @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @mariposa @graciegirl @anne-of-lothlorien
I come again… In need of a bit of help.
I have another new character.
And he’s awesome.
But too see him….would be even more awesome.
He has brown hair, feathery and of average length, with a nice professional cut. He always has this manipulative, broad smile,…[Read more]
- Load More
