Prayer Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    @salome01w4g
      • Total Posts: 991

@seekjustice thank you!!

@epicaddie2
      how’s moving going for you?

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien
        • Total Posts: 440

THE BEST OF NEWS AND THE MOST BESTIEST ANSWER TO PRAYER PEOPLES!!!!!

Gladys Joy is officially HOME!!!

So my little sister was officially diagnosed with Down Syndrome, (we will need much prayer over the years for that) and she has three little holes in her heart, but they are not immediately threatening. Because of the weak muscle tone from DS, she could not eat everything she needed on her own, so what she didn’t take through a bottle they had to pump through a feeding tube, and she was kept at the hospital for nearly four weeks. Thank God this past week she made huge progress, enough that she was discharged Wednesday!

She will still have much to do at the hospital in the years to come, the most immediate being a cardiologist appointment in early October. I would very much love all of your prayers for our family right now.

On a more personal note, Gladys herself is an answer to something I have been praying about for a long time. After I first read Ivy Rose’s novella, Left to Die, about an abandoned baby with defects in China, I felt really affected. My heart went out to all the children born with disabilities and defects, and I have been praying for months that God, whenever He thought the time was right, would give me an opportunity to work with ‘blessed children’; those with conditions like Down Syndrome, Autism, or physical handicaps. When Gladys was born, I knew this was God’s answer. Of course, Down Syndrome is never wanted, but my little sister being born with it is an answer to my prayer. I now have an opportunity to care for, love, and teach a special needs child, right in my own home. I am so grateful for this, and please pray for me and what God has in mind for me and my future, as I would really like to work with other children like this. Thanks you!

@hope
        @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @daeus @aratrea @bluejay @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @salome01w4g

@seekjustice

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking
          • Total Posts: 1156

@anne-of-lothlorien Praise God she’s home!! I will continue to pray for her, you, and your family.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

That’s good to hear, @anne-of-lothlorien. 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@anne-of-lothlorien that’s wonderful news! I’ll keep praying for all of you. 😉

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 1352

Great @Anne-of-Lothlorien! You and your family’ll still be in my prayers.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1330

@anne-of-lothlorien I am so happy for you! I will be praying for your family.

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

@anne-of-lothlorien It sounds like you and your family have quite the ride ahead of you, love, but I’m so glad you can see God’s hand in it. That’s often one of the hardest parts of going through something like that.

Praying for continued patience, love, and joy for you and your family, and I’m glad everything is working out so far!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 859

@anne-of-lothlorien Great news! I know that disabilities can be hard, but I also know that God can really use them to bless us, and to show himself at work. I will be praying for your family!

Josiah DeGraaf
                      @aratrea
                        • Total Posts: 717

@anne-of-lothlorien That’s wonderful! So glad to hear she’s home and happy to hear that God’s been preparing you for this.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@anne-of-lothlorien that’s amazing news!! I’m sure it will be tough, but God’s answered your prayers and that’s so amazing. Yeah, basically, I’m happy for you. 😀 I’ll keep you in my prayers.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

ClaireC
                          @clairec
                            • Total Posts: 628

@anne-of-lothlorien, So happy for you!!! praying for you and her. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Hannah
                            @salome01w4g
                              • Total Posts: 991

@anne-of-lothlorien wow! That’s wonderful that she is coming home, and that God has been preparing you for this!
                              Continued prayers!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

EpicAddie2
                              @epicaddie2
                                • Total Posts: 794

@salome01w4g It’s going pretty good. We’re mostly packing right now, and we’re in escrow. We’re moving in two weeks. *sigh* So soon.

INFJ ~ 4w5
                                aldarley.wordpress.com

Catwing
                                @catwing
                                  • Total Posts: 2557

Congrats @anne-of-lothlorien

@epicaddie2
                                  I know. My family’s closing this week. Moving next week I think…

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 874 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >