-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@the-real-kapeefer Dude? Seriously? Don’t do that to me again. I wrote a page long rant on why not to use the message bible because of you. 😛
Ah well. I was able to apply my biblical doctrine class to all this, sooo…And can I please point out that one verse.
John 1:14 rewrite : “The word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood.”
XD -
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years ago
@kina-lamb If you see that I canceled our friendship, that’s something I totally did not mean to do. XD I acidentally did it while not realizing I wasn’t clicking what I meant to, and so promptly requested it again.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Time To Read Has Come in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@daeus Got it. (Hear that @kate-flournoy? Lemme know when the book’s launched.)
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate. in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate Oh sorry, yup, that’s basically what I meant. Are you male or female. 😛 So you’re the first INTJ/Architect (dominantly at least) guy on this forum as far as I know. That’s real cool.
Aha, gotcha.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Time To Read Has Come in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@daeus Welp, I’d like to read it again eventually (probably sometime after it’s published and we have it…physical books are so much better. No computer screen headaches.), but I think I can go off of the last version I read for the review if that’s fine with you.
In which case, when and where do I do the review? -
Snapper replied to the topic Please tell me I'm not the only one… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@joy-schmidt Hey! Another thing I just thought of today… you know how you like to be satisfied, and how finishing the planning does that for you. Well, my ultimate satisfaction from writing is word count. I’ve been keeping a journal of how many words I’ve written for each of my writing sessions, and keeping track of how many words a day I write…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@the-real-kapeefer
“The Message is not a translation, nor can it strictly be said to be a paraphrase of the original languages of the Bible.” gotquestions.orgBefore I go on a rant of my opinions of the Message bible… @rolena-hatfield Does it go against the forum rules to talk about this? Rule one, to be exact? I just want to make sure…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@jess-penrose Agreed. KJV is accurate, and although no extremely literal to the Greek, it is still as we say, accurate. I use ESV and KJV and NKJV, and although they aren’t the same, they are all correct in biblical doctrine.
@the-real-kapeefer -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Oh, and also, a few differences in the wording of a section of the bible does not change the story.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@the-real-kapeefer Nooo… You do know that the KJV is one of the most accurate and to-the-text-bible translations we have, right?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Time To Read Has Come in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@Daeus Ohh…well. *scratches head* Well, do you think I should read it again for that? I don’t know if I have enough tiiiiiiime at the moment…but… Do you think it’s changed significantly enough that I’d need to see it again to give an accurate review? I know that would be the best thing, but if it isn’t changed a whole lot… I dunno. What do…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate. in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate That is so cool. INTJs are one of the neatest types. We have several on here, though only female as far as I know. Which are you? For some reason I thought you were a guy, but I don’t know.
And I identify with getting more than one result. 😛 I’ve gotten several different results, and with a lot of reading and thinking it over…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@Amy-l-klob Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, Hello, Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@kballen Welcome to KP! I’m sure it will help you improve your writing. 🙂 How long have you been a writer?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Time To Read Has Come in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@Daeus to leave a review then, should I go sign up in the first link now? Or am I waiting till it’s closer to your release date, since I’ve already read it, or, what. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Political Intrigue in the forum Fantasy 9 years ago
@Warrioroftherealm I looooooovvvvve polictical intrigue, and everything Kate said and more. AS LONG as it’s character-driven, because if not then it turns more into uninteresting info-dumps like Snapper hates. And I don’t like ’em either.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi (for the third and probably not the last time) in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
WELCOME BACK AGAIN @JOY-SCHMIDT! And if your work keeps you really busy, no one will hold it against you. We’ll just love it all the more when you are on. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years ago
@Leumeister I could help beta-read Aquila now if you’d like… Or if you’d rather I wait till the next draft since you’ve already have some people on it for awhile, that’s fine too. I’m just not beta-reading anything at the moment (which likely won’t last long 😉 ), so I thought I’d let you know. Whatever’s good for you. 😀
-
@leumeister no pressure at all on replying or anything, just making sure this gets through. My notification stuffs have been not-faithful lately… 😛 Hence: @leumeister.
-
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 If you want action stories, go the Bible. 😀 We did Judges a few summers ago in my youth group, and I’m glad we did. 🙂
-
Snapper and
LivyLynn are now friends 9 years ago
- Load More
