The Time To Read Has Come

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Book Discussions β€Ί The Time To Read Has Come

Tagged:Β 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Hi KeePers,

The day has finally come for me to accept early reviewers for my time travel novel, Fools In The Darkness!

For those of you unfamiliar with my story, I have a beta-synopsis below. The book is on the shorter side of average with 31 chapters. I still have some line editing that needs to be done, but the story itself is done editing and ready for you to read! πŸ˜€

My estimated launch date is November 1st. If you are going to be an early reviewer, I would appreciate it if you could finish the novel before that date. However, if time constraints require you to spend a couple more weeks on it, then I can understand.

Here are the three ways you can help:
      1. Become an early reviewer: http://bit.ly/2xWTXVA
      2. Become an early reviewer and part of my blogging team. Simply commit to posting your review on your blog in addition to Amazon. πŸ™‚ http://bit.ly/2ySSL3I
      3. Join the social media team. I’ll just email you 2-3 posts you can share when the book is launched: http://bit.ly/2xOtabN

And here is the beta-synopsis:
      Trevor Allen is trying to escape the perils of his society, but it isn’t working too well. Just when he thinks he’s about to make it safe, he and his sister get jerked back through the passages of time by a scientist with a mania for world domination. As his luck would go, Trevor finds that the fourteenth-century isn’t exactly his cup of tea, and having to survive it with a sister who’s just a little too optimistic isn’t what he’d call a bonus. Temptations to flee back home keep calling to him louder and louder. On the other hand, a world ruled by an emotionally unstable tyrant isn’t something he enthusiastically supports. This poses a problem. A big problem.

Interested, anyone?

@daughteroftheking
      @perfectfifths @winter-rose @dragon-snapper @seekjustice @catwing @epicaddie2 @ingridrd @salome01w4g @aislinn-mollisong

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hannah
      @salome01w4g
        • Total Posts: 991

Hhehee… @Daeus I’m one step ahead. I signed up for the blogging team yesterday. πŸ˜€ Can’t wait!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Destiny
        @destiny
          • Total Posts: 37

@daeus , you forgot to tag me. πŸ™

ANYWAY… I’d be interested in reviewing it for you. πŸ™‚

I can probably leave a review on Amazon. I’d have to see about doing the other two…

Daeus
          @daeus

@destiny *facepalm* I knew I had forgotten somebody.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hannah
            @salome01w4g

@daeus quick question *sheepish grin* is there anything that a possibly sensitive reader would shirk away from in part 1 ?

Louise Fowler
              @perfectfifths
                • Total Posts: 726

@daeus It sounds really interesting, Deaus, and congratulations for getting this far! πŸ˜€ Unfortunately I don’t think I’d have the time. Thank you for tagging me, though, and good luck with the rest of the process! πŸ™‚

Currently reading Les Miserables

Daeus
                @daeus

@salome01w4g Good question. I’ll answer it for the whole book. I think the main potential issue would be violence. I never try to be gory, but I always include some details of violence. In chapter 2, there is a character who might seem a bit creepy and who kills a couple people (though without much description). In chapter 4, two innocent people die and the scene might seem intense. In chapter 8, there is a short battle scene. In chapter 10, one guard is stabbed and someone is assassinated, though it is not shown. In chapters 3, 12, and 27, there is a character who is a bit disgusting (he finds joy in the pain of others, though he only ever talks about it.) In chapter 16, a character mentions how he killed someone many years ago. In chapters 28-29 there is a battle (I do not consider it very graphic) and in chapter 30 the battle continues with one fight at the end that is certainly brutal, though not very gory. There is also a slight bit of medieval language with the worst being β€œinfernal fool”.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hannah
                  @salome01w4g

@daeus so not much more than your other story?

Daeus
                    @daeus

@salome01w4g No, they’re about the same as far as violence goes.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Daeus
                      @daeus

@salome01w4g Actually, if you’re talking about Treachery Against The House Of Fairwin, this one is less graphic.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Ingrid
                        @ingridrd
                          • Total Posts: 830

@daeus
                          Ummm…hmmmm…yes, so at the moment I am pretty busy, but I feel like I could do this sometime in the near future. I’ll get back to you if my schedule changes. *crosses fingers*

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Hannah
                          @salome01w4g

@daeus yeah that’s what I was talking about. Okay, I was just wondering because of the first chapter title.

Destiny
                            @destiny
                              • Total Posts: 37

@daeus , that’s alright. πŸ™‚

This time… πŸ˜‰ LOL.

EpicAddie2
                              @epicaddie2
                                • Total Posts: 794

@daeus I really really really want to but I don’t have time. *sigh* Lots of schoolwork. And since we’re moving soon my life is really crazy right now. I wish I could though!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                                aldarley.wordpress.com

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

@DAEUS I AM WAAAAAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. *throws confetti everywhere* *triumphant battle cry for no apparent reason* Being un-bloggish, I will opt for being an early reviewer. I need to go conquer a small universe right now, but when I get back, I will do that. *more overenthusiasm*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >