-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Christi-Eaton Hmm, looks like I can reserve an ebook collection of it from my library, so I’ll give it a try.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@christi-eaton I loved them. Loved them a ton, but I felt like the author made some really significant mistakes. First of all, the first five chapters were almost dull and I couldn’t get a really good feel for Fin like I had later on. I was also disappointed with how that french guy (I forget his name) seemed like he would play one of the most…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Howdy kadoodles. Big sticky note. I’ll be editing a lot this morning in case anyone’s interested.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay @anyone-else Are you writing tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@christi-eaton I read it. Read the fiddler’s green too. Did you read that one?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Well no one says awesome can’t be a genre!
Sounds interesting; I hope you have fun. 🙂 -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I’m definitely an elf. As we all know, Horsemaster, the elves are immortal. 🙂
@gretald Glad you remembered to buckle up…I wouldn’t want to get a dragon ticket for not being responsible for my passengers.
@Bluejay I love your new profile photo! I’m a huge HTTYD fan as well… On note of Ranger’s Apprentice, I actually…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I’m definitely an elf. As we all know, Horsemaster, the elves are immortal. 🙂
@greta Glad you remembered to buckle up…I wouldn’t want to get a dragon ticket for not being responsible for my passengers.
@Bluejay I love your new profile photo! I’m a huge HTTYD fan as well… On note of Ranger’s Apprentice, I actually haven’t…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Haha. 😉
What genre is your WIP?Ooo, is the Sofigietto by C.P.E. Bach the one you’re talking about? I love that one!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I wrote 501 words and then started plotting my next chapter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Jess ah, Girl of the Limberlost! Have you read Freckles? Or Laddie? Or The Harvester? Or Her Father’s Daughter? Gene Stratton Porter is so good in so many ways.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
oooh, you live in Paradise? Can I come?
Well, at least welcome to the second best place in the universe.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope oooh, I love that. It really reminds me you can’t play God and pretend to see the whole picture. You do your duty and trust God for the rest.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Well, Amalekites and battle with them is technically different than with Nazis, though the spirit of the conflict is certainly much the same.
As for assassinations, I’ve never taken a staunch side on the issue, though I haven’t studied it as much as I’d like to. My one reservation is always David not daring to kill the Lord’s anointed, but I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope I do believe assassinations in wartime are no different than pitched battle. The object is to kill either way, and I see no reason why an ambush in the middle of the night should be permitted, yet a single man not be permitted to sneak into enemy headquarters and kill a general.
In the case of terrorists, terrorists are by definition…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope I get the idea you asked several questions there.
First, you seem to ask that if there is a situation in which it is ok to kill, does that apply no matter who is in the position to be killed, whether villain, friend, neutral, brother, etc.
That does have a clear answer in my opinion, but not a simple one. The reason is that there are…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope all good questions. I do think I would tend to say it’s cowardice to beg for swift death over torment (though goodness knows if I would have the strength to take it), because ultimately God is in control (so cliche— but He is 😉 ) and ‘I can do ALL THINGS through Christ, who strengthens me.’ That would apply to silence in the face of…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
But especially with the scenes which could have happened, but had to be clipped for time’s sake…those are fun to go back and read and spend a little more time with favorite characters.
Oh, that kind would be nice. 🙂
It’s just too bad not everyone wants a giant book; then you wouldn’t have to cut scenes for time’s sake. 🙁 - Load More
