Greetings and salutations!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings and salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
      • Total Posts: 256

@sarah-h The video is explaining the purpose and history of patents. Some of the founding fathers are interviewed by a “modern day” reporter. It’s actually rather funny because the founding fathers are played by wobble heads. 😉

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Greta
      @gretald
        • Total Posts: 450

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, Oops…I didn’t see that Kate asked the same question. 😉 I love “The Mysterious Benedict Society!” Which book is your favorite? Have you read “The Extraordinary Education of Nicolas Benedict,” as well? And, of course, LOTR is great. 🙂

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@gretald The first one is my favorite. 🙂 Yes, I have read “The Extraordinary Education of Nicolas Benedict,” and that’s the favorite of a friend. 😉

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise

Haha. 😉
            What genre is your WIP?

Ooo, is the Sofigietto by C.P.E. Bach the one you’re talking about? I love that one!!

Corissa Maiden of Praise

Yes, that Solfiggietto. It’s very hard. 🙂

What genre; ah, that’s hard with this one. It’s mystery, intrigue, and adventure, full of spies, deadly diseases, and telepathy. No, I haven’t figured it out in the real world, but I have a fairly legitimate explanation almost finished for the book. 😉 I still haven’t decided exactly how to classify it. 😛 How about awesome? Is that a genre? Because that’s what I’m really hoping my book will be when I’m done. Or trilogy. I’m starting to lean in the direction of at least 2 books because I don’t think I can fit everything in one. And then there’s her personal life; it’s more prevalent in this book than in many other books I’ve read/written. 😉

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 1352

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise

Well no one says awesome can’t be a genre!
                Sounds interesting; I hope you have fun. 🙂

Jada Morrison
                @jadamae
                  • Total Posts: 199

Welcome, Corissa!

Corissa Maiden of Praise

Thank you, @jadamae. 🙂

@Bluejay
                    , I was going to respond to your question over on @hope’s website when I realized you might not see the answer since it’s been so long. I just saw it, sorry I didn’t answer right away. 😉

Sir Geoffrey; I’m not exactly sure, but probably because we had just watched Studio C’s “Saving Gollum.” It’s mostly just dumb, but it does have some funny moments. Especially if you enjoy LOTR. 😉

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Ah, it was interesting, cause when I read you’re comment on Hope’s website, I had a book sitting next to me that had a character in it who was Sir Geoffrey. 🙂

Hannah R.
                      @his-instrument
                        • Total Posts: 229

Hi @corissa-maiden-of-praise ! I tend to be a little late in joining conversations but I nevertheless extend to you my welcome. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!
                        I happened to notice that you titled your introduction “Greetings and Salutations”, which happens to be the same title I used when I first arrived at KP. So you’re not alone. Just out of curiosity, would that happen to be an Adventures in Odyssey reference?
                        Once again, glad you’ve joined us! And I love your name. It is truly a wonderful thing to identify yourself as a maiden of praise!

YA Fantasy Writer
                        Obsessive Character Namer
                        Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@his-instrument Thank you for your warm welcome! I didn’t know anyone else had used that title! 😀 Yes, I may have taken some inspiration from Eugene. 😉 Who’s your favorite character? I would probably have to say Jason, just because in almost every episode he’s in there’s some kind of mystery. Have you listened to the Last Chance Detectives audio episode he’s in? That one is really fun! Although he didn’t have as much involvement as I would have liked in the Blackgaard Chronicles. 😉

Corissa Maiden of Praise

Hey, @Daeus, I’m not sure what kind of advertising thing this website uses, but there was an inappropriate advertisement up on the sidebar; I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do to prevent that or not but I thought you’d want to know.

Daeus
                            @daeus
                              • Total Posts: 4238

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Oh, dear. It isn’t an advertisement for an Asian dating site, is it? Somebody else was complaining about that. I think what the ad shows is chosen by google. I might be able to get it taken down. I’ll go mention it to KP. At least I can say that we are working on other ways to monetize KP, and when we do, ads should become unnecessary.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@Daeus I’m pretty sure it was some kind of dating site; I didn’t actually click on it because I could tell that whatever it was wouldn’t be good. 😛 I’m glad someone’s working on it.

Hannah R.
                                @his-instrument
                                  • Total Posts: 229

@corissa-maiden-of-praise, my favorite Odyssey character is Wooton– hands down. I didn’t know Jason was in a Last Chance Detectives episode! I’ll have to check it out. Novacom is my favorite series in Odyssey, although I liked Blackgaard Chronicles too.
                                  I meant to tag you in another topic– Book of John Literary study– but I misspelled your name because I know another Corissa whose name has two r’s instead of two s’s, so it didn’t go through. My apologies. It’s under General Writing Discussions if you’re interested.

YA Fantasy Writer
                                  Obsessive Character Namer
                                  Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >