Greetings and salutations!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings and salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Corissa Maiden of Praise
    @corissa-maiden-of-praise
      • Total Posts: 256

Greetings and salutations everyone!

Oh dear; that sounded rather formal, didn’t it? Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Corissa, Maiden of Praise. Some of you already know me rather well @HopeAnn and some of you kind of know me through various blogs @writefury @KateFlournoy @Bluejay @Greta and probably a couple of others as well. I know some of you who have no idea who I am because I’ve kind of *lowers voice to whisper* kind of been stalking this forum for a little while @EmmaFlournoy @Daeus @RolenaHatfield and others. (I’m not sure I got all the tags right, so let me know if I spelled anyone’s name wrong; sorry in advance if I did 😛 )

So, thank you for letting me join the bestiestest place on earth (Or something like that)! 😀

A few facts about myself:

I am fully dedicated to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I enjoy writing stories that are generally part of the adventure genre, although I do have a couple of fantasies and mysteries going as well.

I enjoy reading anything, though mystery, adventure, and fantasy are favorites.

I LOVE playing the piano; I’ve been playing for nearly 3 years. I can also play the violin, recorder, lap harp, and nose flute.

My favorite book of the Bible is Daniel; my favorite color is silver.

I have been told on more than one occasion that I’m crazy, mainly due to writer related incidents.

My dreams are about the craziest. Ever. I mean, I don’t mind the ones where I’m kidnapped, or running for my life from a crazy man with a gun, or looking for a lost mountain with Gandalf. Even the ones where I find dead authors in sea-side cottages aren’t that bad. But the romantic ones are just WRONG! I have been married to 6 people that I know. SIX!!!

Okay; so, I guess that about sums me up. Any questions? Interesting facts about yourself? I would love to get to know you all better! 😀

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

Hi @corissa-maiden-of-praise. Welcome. Wait!!!! *stares at your post* You win. *pats you on the back* 🙂

So things about me….

Well, I too am dedicated to Jesus. Sometimes though I feel as though it is lacking in my life. So there is a great forum topic here when you tag someone to read nothing but the Bible all day. It is a great lot of fun, and well worth it.

I like writing stories that involve medieval, olden day, or modern stories. I just wrote my first fantasy which was around 9,323 words. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Big fan of reading books. It really doesn’t matter what it is about as long as it is God honouring.

Wow, you can play a lot of musical instruments. I have a guitar but I don’t practice it enough. And I have started playing a keyboard. Lots of fun.

My favourite book of the Bible….Ruth, Esther, Joshua. *Maybe I should have said books* 😀

I love silver too. (Although I’ve just found out that Australia got two gold medals in swimming. Do you watch the Olympics?)

I have crazy dreams too. Generally I’m the hero and always solve the problems. *That makes me know that they are crazy dreams.* And I can always look on the bright side, in case I’m shot. That way I’ll know what it feels like.
        I love romance stories, but if I try to writ them, they are silly. 😛

Hopefully that has helped you know me better. (And yes I do know you from @hope’s website) 🙂

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h
          • Total Posts: 669

Hi Corissa! I really like adventure books too; historical fiction and adventure are my favorite genres. What are some of your favorite books?
          It’s neat that you play the piano! What is your favorite piece to play? Mine is probably Pachelbel’s Canon. And…what exactly is a nose flute?
          Wow, you do have some crazy dreams. I love having adventurous dreams, too; the ones I don’t like are when I get shot or drowned or something else unpleasant. You know how people say you can’t feel pain in a dream? They’re wrong. Anyway…
          Yes! The Bible Challenge is awesome. You should try it. 🙂 Right now, my favorite books of the Bible are 1 Peter, Phillippians, James, and Luke. The more I read, though, the more I realize I like them all. Lately I’ve been reading some books put out by The Voice Of The Martyrs, about persecuted Christians. Have you read any of their books? They are life-changing. Did you know, in the countries where persecution is severe, you can tell who the real Christians are just by the love in their eyes? It’s that obvious. Christians aren’t really like that here in America… Wait, I just assumed you’re an American. Sorry. 🙂 What country are you from? I’m American, and Bluejay’s from Australia.

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re finally here!!! Welcome to the, umm, wonderfulist writing forum on earth. 😉 Oh, and about the tags, they aren’t always the names you see. If you click on a person’s profile, you’ll see the ‘tagging name’ You’ll memorize most of them eventually. 😉

And married six people? *smirks* I’ve been married two or three times in dreams, but I never know who they are. Though my brother once dreamed a friend asked me to marry him and I said yes.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

Did seriously NO ONE welcome you properly? @hope got close, but no one did it properly, which allows me to do it professionally. Corissa, I, as the Dragon Snapper, welcome you to the BESTIEST place on earth! Ha, I win!!!! If you’ve been stalking, then you’ll know that that is the real way to welcome people to the website.
              *walks away giggling evilly* I win!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-Snapper sorry to burst your bubble… it’s bestestist. *hysterical laughter*

And welcome regardless, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise!!!!! So great to see you here! What’s your favorite book/series? What do you like best about writing?

And what on this earth is a nose flute?????

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise

Hullo, fellow stalker. Feel good to finally be a part of it all? 😉 I’ve seen you on Hope’s blog, so I kind of know you. 🙂

I play the piano and violin too—what genre of music do you play?

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

oooh, you live in Paradise? Can I come?

Well, at least welcome to the second best place in the universe.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
                    @gretald
                      • Total Posts: 450

@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise, Nice to “see” you again! 😉 What are some of your favorite books?

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield
                        • Total Posts: 405

Welcome, welcome @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise!!!! Nose flutes are the best! Now I know two friends that play one. 🙂

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Corissa Maiden of Praise

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone! 😀

@Bluejay
                          Thanks! Ummm… what do I win? I watch the Olympics here and there, generally just when I need to rest for a few minutes. The Australians seem to be doing really well this year! 😉

The Bible challenge is a really good idea, but it doesn’t work for me right now. I do read my Bible every day, but there are also some borrowed books that I’m trying to get through, so going a whole day without would put me behind. When things slow down I’ll definitely do it though!

@sarah-h
                          For classical, probably Puck or the piece I’m currently working on, Solfiggietto. For hymns, “Onward Christian Soldiers” or “Dwelling in Beulah Land.” 😀
                          Yes, I’ve felt pain… the most vividly painful dream I had was when two boys were trying to pull me into the water to drown me and I was hanging onto a metal ladder for dear life. Even after I woke up it was like I could still recall the memory of the metal in my hands… and then there was the one where I was pulling on a rope, and woke up to find out that I was pulling on my pajama pant strings… and when I woke up my grip released and I punched myself in the face… X) The dreams where you can taste things are much better. 😀

@hope
                          Yay, I’m here! *pinches self* 😉 Yes, romance dreams are just wrong; my brother’s never dreamed I fell in love, but a friend has. 😛 Oh, and thanks for the tag tip; lets see if I can get them all right this time. 😀

@dragon-snapper
                          Yes, I know what that’s about. 😉 I think the reason no one else did it was because I kind of did it to myself…

@kate-flournoy
                          a nose flute… you should really just look it up. Beyond the name it’s hard to describe. 😉

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU ASK ME TO PICK A FAVORITE?!?! CAN YOU ANSWER THAT QUESTION!?!? *takes deep breath* *grins sheepishly* Well, I CANNOT choose a FAVORITE, but (beyond the Bible) some of my favorites include “The Lost Clue,” “The White Gypsy,” “The Mysterious Benedict Society Series,” and “The Hardy Boys” series. But I have read many, many more that I thoroughly enjoyed (like LOTR 🙂 )

@emma-flournoy
                          hello-back fellow stalker! Hmmm… I like that term… WARNING: you may end up in one of my books. The fellow-stalking idea goes very well with my current WIP… *grins evilly*

*gets back on track* my favorite music would probably be grand and bombastic sacred arrangements. 😀

@Daeus
                          good point… although Paradise isn’t on earth, and with the Holy Spirit indwelling me every place is the best place on earth… so as long as you’ve accepted Christ you can come anytime… 😉

@gretald
                          *points to the answer to @kate-flournoy ‘s question* *grins* Any other questions?

@rolena-hatfield
                          Thanks! Is your other friend on here? I’ve rarely met someone who’s even heard of one, let alone plays one… 😉

I have a favor to ask everyone; a friend of mine, Isaac Smith, has entered a video contest and needs some votes. Just click on the link below, enter your email, select his video, confirm your email, open the email they send you and confirm your vote, and that’s that! If you would like to watch his video (and I suppose to only be fair you might want to watch the competition too 😉 ) you’ll have to click on the youtube link; for some reason I couldn’t get the video to play on that website. Maybe we can help him win this thing! 😀

http://www.ipvideocontest.com

Thanks! See you around! 🙂

BlueJay
                          @bluejay

@corissa-maiden-of-praise You welcomed yourself to the bestistest place on earth before anyone else.

I like the dreams when you can taste stuff except when you wake up and find that you’ve been sucking your bed covers. Yuk! Nice taste leaves the mouth very quickly. I actually had a dream recently. It was so funny for me when I woke up. Let’s see if I can tell.
                            So I really was asleep, but in my dream I was trying to sleep. And someone came into my room to talk to me, but I didn’t want to wake up, so I just lay there pretending to sleep as they talked and they said something funny to me and to stop myself from laughing I place my top teeth behind my lower teeth. If you do it yourself, you’ll probably find that it hurts. Well, in my dream, it hurt too, and when I woke up my mouth was still hurting. I must have actually done it……

I love The Mysterious Benedict Society Series. It took me a bit to get into the, because I don’t like bullies in school, but I pushed myself past that and wow…they are awesome books. 🙂

You know Isaac Smith??? He entered Chuck Black’s competition in 2014 and won. I got an honourable mention that year and then I got 2nd in 2015. I am actually in the middle of my entry for this year. Is he entering it?

Corissa Maiden of Praise

@Bluejay Yes, Isaac is a good friend; actually, you know Anne of Lothlorien and Quinton of Boron on Hope’s website? That’s his sister and brother. 😉 I think he’s doing it this year, but I’m not sure. He’ll be excited to hear that you’ve heard of him all the way over in Australia. 😉

Actually, I do that with my mouth sometimes for fun, and it doesn’t really hurt, although I imagine it would if I was asleep and did it for very long and then woke up. X) My jaw does pop though, but it does that if I just open my mouth very wide; I once had a technician at the dentist who winced pretty much every time it popped (which was often). I think it hurt her more than me! 😉

I LOVE Mysterious Benedict Society! The first one is the best, but the others are great too. 😀

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

No way! It’s a small world. 🙂
                                My jaw pops too!!!!! It drives me insane and sometimes it cracks. (A bit like a gun shot, but that is probably only because I’m not expecting it to happen when it does) Which makes me and anyone near me jump. I have a piece of plastic that my top teeth slip into to release pressure on the jaw. Mine pops every time I chew food. 🙁 I feel for you… 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
                                Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 669

@Corissa-maiden-of-praise — Wow, what a way to wake up. 🙂 I remember once I dreamed I was climbing a mountain, and I slipped and twisted my ankle, and my ankle actually did twist and woke me up. It’s so funny when that happens. I haven’t heard of Solfiggietto; I’ll have to look it up. What is your friend’s video about? I know it seems silly for me to ask, but I will need my parents permission to watch it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >