-
Snapper replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I haven’t read that, actually. I’ll have to check it out at the library next time I go. I love drawing and art, so thanks! 🙂
Being a dragon has it’s ups and downs, I guess… Dragons have a really hard time playing instruments, and drawing is really difficult at times. Flying is awesome though, and making campfires! I just love marshmallows!
@Julia-r -
Snapper replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
…Ooh, a summer writing club…how interesting I found it AFTER summer ended.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess
Perhaps the parents had powers as well and the children inherited those. When the government found out the parents had the power, they hunted them down just as they are doing with the kids.The powers could be looked down on simply because they are different from other people. They can destroy the government with them, and the government…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess
Perhaps the parents had powers as well and the children inherited those. When the government found out the parents had the power, they hunted them down as well just as they are doing with the kids.The powers could be looked down on simply because they are different from other people. They can destroy the government with them, and the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi, @Mark-Kamibaya, good to see you.
You’re right that overviews are essential, but I was arguing that they’re way too easy to overuse and that it’s best to always be critical of them.
To clear up what I was saying in my own novel, I was talking about any place in the novel where I overviewed events as if they happened in the past instead of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, @Mark-Kamibaya welcome back!! It would be a poor welcome indeed if someone attacked you now… XD
I do see what you’re saying, and to some extent I agree. For the most part, however, we aren’t talking about scene-by-scene summaries. In @Daeus‘s case, it was several chapters summarizing a character’s childhood. (At least I assume that’s what…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Shucks, @Jess. 😉
Maybe the parents got taken by the government because they went outside the city boundaries for some (important to them, but illegal nonetheless) reason?
And then perhaps the kids want to change the government because if it’s oppressive enough to imprison people simply for leaving a city (though the fact that those people are…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
*gasp* @hope YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I’m not the only one! That is, the only one that writes from male POV…and I’m not the only one. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Hmm, yes I should say it’s hard (knowing a thing or two about that). I think I’m starting to get the hang of it though. Let’s hope. Oh wait, I should say ‘let’s Hope’. Congratulations on your promotion to a verb.
I think I had some occasional problems with rough transitions before, but hopefully not anymore. If you see any though, please…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Daeus concurs. Very nice start, but needs a lot of help with rhythm.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
You tagged me, @Overcomer, but I think others will be better qualified to help you. Your assurance that I will not be sought vengeance on is greatly appreciated. 😀
That’s a neat poem, though. 🙂 I especially love the first three lines.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
You tagged me, @Overcomer, but I think others will be better qualified to help you. Your assurance that I will not be sought vengeance on is greatly appreciated. 😀
That’s a neat poem, though. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I’m a dragon, what would you expect? I’m a rare species of monstrous nightmare mixed with a night fury. 🙂
I’m allergic to B-calm tablets, doctor…can I take some Vitamin C (chocolate) and maybe Vitamin A-nger? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I’m a dragon, what would you expect? I’m a rare version of monstrous nightmare mixed with a night fury. 🙂
I’m allergic to B-calm tablets, doctor…can I take some Vitamin C (chocolate) and maybe Vitamin A-nger? -
Snapper replied to the topic Need Ideas for Fantasy Names (countries, people, etc.) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess I love your tactic!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Very funny @daeus … 😛 Unfortunately, dragons don’t keep pocket knives or wooden blocks. Our talons are our knives and wooden blocks are usually used for fire-breathing target practice…any other suggestions???
On note of writer’s block, I did terribly…I wrote a grand total of one sentence and ended up deleting 2,500 because I really, really…[Read more] - Load More
