To all and sundry

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE To all and sundry

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Julia R.
    @julia-r
      • Total Posts: 81

@Christi-eaton: I’d love to see your work! I’m not the best at shading but I’m pretty good at copying pictures. I’ll have to post a few of my paintings and sketches. As far as Disneland food goes, have you ever had a Dole Whip from the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland? According to the Internet, they are amazing.

@kate-flournoy
      : I love fantasy, and putting my own spin on fairytales. This evening, I’ll post my 6th-grade rendition of Goldilocks 🙂

@ingridrd
      : We biked over 20 miles on Mackinac, and it was just a Daddy-Daughter trip with me and my dad, so it was extra special. If you ever get to go, let me know! I can personally recommend Twist-n-Sprouts as the best restaurant on the island. Their wraps were amazing! Ask your parents if they went there/saw it!

Greta
      @gretald
        • Total Posts: 450

@Julia-R
        My grandparents live in Michigan, and my mom and dad went to Mackinac Island for their anniversary one year (I’m @ingridrd’s sister 😉 ). I personally have never been there, but I’d love to go sometime. 🙂
        Awesome choices for Disney characters! Rey and Rapunzel are both great characters.
        Ooo, I love watercolor and acrylics, too! I’m actually taking an acrylic painting class on Friday. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h
          • Total Posts: 669

@julia-r That’s neat! My aunt is from Michigan, and she’s been wanting to take us to Mackinac Island for years. It sounds like a neat place.

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton
            • Total Posts: 306

@julia-r, Oh yes the wonderful Dole Whip, I don’t get them too often but they are fantastic, my mom actually makes them at home, but we don’t wait for them to actually “whip” we just drink them like a smoothie and they taste just as great.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

A little late, but better late than never, so welcome, @Julia-r *Grins* *waves* cliches are fun…well, making fun of them is fun. I do that on my blog occasionally with the ‘real story’ of what villains or heroes really think. But it’s easier to make fun of them than to actually apply it in writing. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

Ahm, @hope, your not as late as I am…@Julia-r *hides face with dragon wings* I am so sorry I haven’t officially met your or introduced myself…allow me to begin.
                My name is Dragon Snapper, it’s nice to meet you. I’m a dragon, hints the wings. Speaking of Disney, have you ever seen Big Hero 6?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Julia R.
                @julia-r

@dragon-snapper: Why, yes, I have seen Big Hero 6! Have you read The Art of Big Hero 6 by Jessica Julius? It has some fantastic concept art pieces in it! By the way, dragons are great. Really, really great. Being a dragon sounds awesome ;).

@hope
                  : thanks for the welcome! I agree.

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper
                    • Total Posts: 3515

I haven’t read that, actually. I’ll have to check it out at the library next time I go. I love drawing and art, so thanks! 🙂
                    Being a dragon has it’s ups and downs, I guess… Dragons have a really hard time playing instruments, and drawing is really difficult at times. Flying is awesome though, and making campfires! I just love marshmallows!

@Julia-r

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Julia R.
                    @julia-r

@dragon-snapper: LOL you sound like you’d be handy on camping trips! I’m sure your claws make typing a little difficult.
                      I ended up having to order The Art of Big Hero 6 from inter-library loan, so if you can’t find it at your local library system, you may have to search abroad. When you do get your hands on that book, look for Jin Kim’s artwork in it. It’s fantastic! And if you liked that book, they have titles on many other movies (including Pixar, and DreamWorks has a similar line). I like copying the artwork in the books. It gives me good experience with drawing CGI characters, and helps my own drawings improve.

Anne Swiftblade
                      @anne-swiftblade
                        • Total Posts: 84

Hello @Julia-R and welcome to Kingdom Pen! It is a wonderful place and full of surprises!
                        Like you I love art, Disney, and travel. Though I haven’t done much traveling yet I do have big plans! 🙂 Anyway, welcome!

Julia R.
                        @julia-r

Thanks, @anne-swiftblade! Where would you most like to travel? Say, if someone gave you a 2-week trip to anywhere you wanted in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Anne Swiftblade
                          @anne-swiftblade
                            • Total Posts: 84

Oh dear! @Julia-R I’m so sorry this is late!

Hard decision… 2-weeks huh? It’s a close call between Greece, New Zealand (I want to be a hobbit XD), and Scotland. Hard to choose just one though 🙂

I actually want to do a world wide trip, set foot on each continent, and sail each of the oceans 😉

Julia R.
                            @julia-r

@anne-swiftblade: I actually have a friend from church who went TO NEW ZEALAND and saw the film set from the Hobbit! They have it recreated so that you can walk through it and stuff. She and her husband said it was expensive, but worth it!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >