To all and sundry

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE To all and sundry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Julia R.
    @julia-r
      • Total Posts: 81

I am @his-instrument’s (a.k.a Hannah R.’s) younger sister. She’s been begging me to get on here for a long time. I enjoy drawing/painting, I am a huge Disney fan, and I love to travel. I have ideas for books, but usually forget them or never get around to writing them down. Avoiding clichés is hard! I hope to gain some wisdom and friendship from older, more experienced writers through this site.

Hannah R.
      @his-instrument
        • Total Posts: 229

@Julia-r Welcome to Kingdom Pen. The besteristerest place on earth. (I know, that’s not how you all say it, but in my family, it is, so Julia gets it. I’ll let someone else say it the KP way.) That’s my sister, everybody! I know her! She’s really cool. My favorite story of hers is a twist on Goldilocks, which I will try to get her to post some time for y’all to read.
        Welcome, Julia! Now you no longer have to stalk– you can walk in the open as a free Kingdom Writer!
        Love ya!

YA Fantasy Writer
        Obsessive Character Namer
        Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@julia-r Hi fellow riter and younger his instrumenter. If you no one’s told you yet, this is the bestistest place on the internet and I can guarantee you it is a great place to grow around more mature writers. It worked for me. *disappears in cloud of pickles*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

@julia-r, *appears in a cloud of sparkly smoke* (Not to be out done by @daeus) Hello! I am a fellow Disney lover too! (Who cares that I am a little older than the targeted audience?) 🙂 I am also with you on the forgetting of ideas. I have learned to stash notebooks and pads everywhere, so I am prepared when inspiration strikes. Even if I am second: welcome to the bestistest place on the world wide web! I will see you around! *disappears in the same way in which she came*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jess.
            Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@julia-r
              Hi! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. I have to say that you picked the perfect place to grow as a writer and gain some writerly friends. I’ve done both since I joined. 😀 It’s great to meet you!
              I’m with you on painting and drawing, Disney, and travel. What was your favorite place you travel to? Favorite Disney character (I like your profile picture, by the way 😉 )? What do you like to draw/paint? What type of paint do you like to use?
              …I think that’s enough questions for now. 😛 Anyway, welcome, welcome, welcome!

Julia R.
              @julia-r

@gretald: Okay. I love Michigan (Mackinac Island, in particular) and of course, Florida.
                Favorite Disney character? Mmm… so hard! Classic: Minnie Mouse Princess: Rapunzel Star Wars: Rey Pixar: *bites fingernails* I guess… um… Can’t choose!
                I mostly draw Disney and the many characters that populate my mind. I have also drawn pictures of my sister’s characters. I love watercolors and acrylics, and am hopeless with oils.

@daeus
                : So… you must love pickles? I’ll mail you the next one that I pick off my sandwich at Chick-fil-a. Hannah was looking over my shoulder when I read your message and we cannot stop smiling. She would like your permission to use that line (“…disappeared into a cloud of pickles”) in a book.

@Jess
                : Unicorns are the BEST, and glitter, of course. Oh, and who said anything about a target age for Disney? I think I enjoy the movies so much more now that I am a teenager. I unashamedly cuddle my Dory plush and weep openly at the sad parts of animated films in the movie theater. So… love Disney to your heart’s content! Do you have a favorite movie/character?

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@julia-r Sure, I’d love to see that line in a book.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Jess
                  @jess
                    • Total Posts: 575

@julia-r, Favorite disney movie? Is it possible to pick one? I think I would have to say… When I was little: Little Mermaid. Favorite Princess: Rapunzel (love the profile pic, by the way) Favorite movies: The Incredibles, and Inside Out (and more!) My favorite medium is watercolors too. I love to draw Disney characters and (attempt to draw) characters from my stories. 🙂 And unicorns are the best. So are pegasi. It’s funny, I am normally a very decisive person. Not today, I guess.

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton
                      • Total Posts: 306

@julia-r Another Disney fan!!! Hello! I live and breathe Disney. I think I scare my friends and family sometimes with all the Disney facts I know. I live close to Disneyland so I go All. The. Time. I have a very full autograph book and I am constantly sketching Disney characters, Sarah @spradlin knows. 😉 And I’d love to work for Disney either as animator or face character. You should post some of your sketches. I’d love to see them. Welcome again! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

BlueJay
                      @bluejay
                        • Total Posts: 1622

@julia-r Hello and welcome. DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! Yeah…. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I love Disney and Pixar and every movie in between. I am always singing and repeating from them.

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

@Julia-R Hi and Welcome! Traveling is such fun. Where is your favorite place to go?

Julia R.
                          @julia-r

@Christi-eaton: SOOOOO jealous! I have never been to a Disney Park! (*bursts into sobs*) I might just have to wait for my honeymoon. What is your favorite ride/attraction/park food? I’ll try to post some of my sketches sometime. Btw, did you draw your profile pic? It’s awesome!

@bluejay
                            : I am with you on the quotes. I have seen so many more Disney movies than the rest of my family, so sometimes I’ll use a quote, or burst into song, and then realize they haven’t seen the movie! Life is rough. 🙂

@sarah-h
                            : I love Mackinac Island, MI and Siesta Key, FL. My grandparents used to take us to Pipestem Resort and State Park ever summer. If you’re a Google Earth person, look these up! I could spend hours looking at Google Earth, and often do.

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

@julia-r Well, my favorite ride has to be in Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland, and New Orlean’s Square is probably my favorite “land” along with Fanastyland. Favorite Food? Turkey Legs, Hands down, the giant turkey leg and the mickey shaped sourdough bread. I did draw my profile picture. It’s actually a picture of myself I did after a !910’s photoshoot I did. I’ll have to show you a few of my Disney sketches too, I just finished a drawing of Scar for a friend.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Ingrid
                              @ingridrd
                                • Total Posts: 830

Welcome, @julia-r! It’s awesome that you like to draw and paint. Me too! My parents went to Mackinac Island for their 20 year anniversary last year. I’ve heard it’s beautiful. 🙂 Anyway, hi!

@christi-eaton
                                Yeah, the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland is one of the best. 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

Wow, I am way late! WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE KINGDOM PEN @JULIA-R!!

And… pretty much everything’s been said. 😛 The one piece of advice I can give you as far as discipline goes, is make yourself a writing time and stick to it. I write in the evenings from seven to nine, and all day Saturdays. There’s an awesome thread on this forum called ‘Writers’ Corner’ where writers can get together and write together for however long they want, racing each other and keeping each other accountable. That’s been really helpful.

But I shall not overwhelm you with technicalities in my welcoming post. *wink* Welcome to KP. What’s your favorite genre?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >