The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    @aella
      • Total Posts: 160

Oh, well, thank you, @overcomer !

XD

Heehee! I’m glad though :D.

I have recently abandoned my 100-for-100 project… I have a good start if I ever want to come back and recycle it, but for now, I am setting it aside to get onto my editing projects, especially as school starts back up. So now I’m planning on working on a couple of my smaller projects that I threw to the side at the beginning of the summer and have not picked up since to go along with editing… We shall see, though.

Mallory O’Bier
      @overcomer
        • Total Posts: 550

So, where do you guys find your writing motivation? (I’m not talking inspiration. That’s everywhere but not really helping right now …)

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Overcomer… um… my what? 😛

Yeah. Okay. I know what you mean. I don’t usually have a problem with that, but when I do get that problem I get it like you wouldn’t believe. And honestly, there’s only really one thing that can fix it: you.
          I know. It’s the sad truth. I wish I had a button right on the end of my nose I could push and I’d be motivated, but it doesn’t work that way. I have to sit down and just do it.
          It’s as prosaic and boring as that.

But, you might be motivated to write more if you realized that the average human lifespan is seventy years and that twenty years taken means only fifty years left, and that fifty is half of a hundred, and it’ll take you a hundred years to write if you never start…

What?! That’s not encouraging??? 😛

And this may be a bit of a no-brainer— but pray. God’s given you this gift; stands to reason He would know how to make it work. 😉

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

@overcomer, I plotted out a story and then I wanted to write it because it was so awesome. It might help…? Sometimes taking a break from writing can help. If you are trying to push yourself, just ignore it and relax.

Sorry, I’m not much help. 🙁

BlueJay
            @bluejay
              • Total Posts: 1622

@overcomer Maybe writing with someone would help? I am I writing at 10 (usa time) if you want to join me.

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@overcomer Ah, I know what you mean. Honestly, motivation is an on and off thing for me. The most important thing for me is habit. There’s nothing particularly motivating about brushing my teeth, but I do it every single day. I found it useful early on to have at least one time section where I wrote every single day (well, on weekdays that is). Accountability was an important thing in helping me stay consistent with that. The writer’s corner was how I maintained accountability, but there are other ways to do that. You could put something at stake if you don’t get the job done. You could agree to do so much writing for however much work a friend does on their own project. Anything that makes you feel an obligation to write.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Mallory O’Bier
                @overcomer

Honestly, @daeus , it’s the sense of obligation that’s killing me … my muse that is. Accountability does help, but if you don’t want to write … and lately I haven’t. It’s complicated, post-vacation can’t get my mind back on my work stuff.

All excuses, I know, but I think I’ll just do it now. I think I’m finally over it. Thanks for supporting me guys. 🙂

If you want to start in a few, @bluejay , I’ll be glad if you’d (and anyone else who’d like to) join me. It’s time to pull out the dreaded notes again! :/

Mallory O’Bier
                  @overcomer

Very funny, @kate-flournoy . You are so encouraging. 😉 (Actually, you really are) 🙂 Sometimes, well, all of the time, writing a novel seems like way too big of a task for me, but God is still bigger.

I’ll try to focus on what I love about writing and not second-guess myself so much.

Thanks, all of you. It’s awesome having writing pals I can count on when the writing gets tough. 🙂

Mallory O’Bier
                    @overcomer

What do you guys think about blogs? Do any of you have blogs?

I’ve been sorta considering creating one … only I’m not entirely sure what it would be about …

Hope Ann
                      @hope
                        • Total Posts: 1092

@overcomer I have a blog and I really enjoy blogging. I think they are a fun way for readers to follow writers and for writers to connect, but I don’t think one has to have a regular blog. I do think it’s a good idea for a writer to have somewhere they can post occasionally about what they are doing though. And there is something to be said for having a themed blog, I suppose, but it’s also fun when there is just a blog focusing on a person and their life and whatever random thing they want to post about. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

…Ooh, a summer writing club…how interesting I found it AFTER summer ended.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Mallory O’Bier
                          @overcomer

Thanks, @hope . 🙂

Haha, sorry @dragon-snapper . It’s still Summer here in Virginia.

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

… Um, @overcomer, I appear to be in the same state that you are. That is so weird… and I meant that in I’ve started school up and stuff. So it’s almost over.
                              I’ll do it for the seven days of summer we have left. 🙂 My WIP is a fantasy based in a world known as Spondorium. I started it two and a half months ago, almost three, and am on Chapter 18. I plan to finish it by Christmas. (and by finish, I mean the rough, rough draft.)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Mallory O’Bier
                              @overcomer

That’s cool, @dragon-snapper ! 🙂

Yes, Summer is almost over … but I refuse to talk about it. Summer will never be over!!! I wish …

I like Fall, though. It’s actually my favorite season.

I love fantasy! I was going to finish a rough draft of my fantasy novel before Summer was over … but it’s still a work in progress. Maybe I’ll set a new goal for Christmas too. That would be fun. We could check up on each other’s progress and encourage each other along the way.

Snapper
                                @dragon-snapper

@overcomer
                                  Falls my favorite season as well. I love the weather, but its not cold enough to have to wear poofy coats that makes my hair staticky and then it flies everywhere. 🙂
                                  Ooh, I like that idea! Maybe we should make an Awesome Winter Writing Club for those who want to make goals for finishing their books as well.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >