-
Daeus replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey, you’re are first elf on here so far, @Ethryndal. Watch out for the dragons.
I was about to say that I entered the same contest, but then I realized I actually didn’t 😛 Double congratulations because you didn’t procrastinate like I did.
-
Ethryndal started the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Mae Govannen!
I suppose I ought to introduce myself, for no other reason than it’s what everyone else has done, and far be it from me to be the odd one out. I am new here (as I’m sure you’ve guessed) so… hi.
Alright. About myself. I am partly insane. Well, not exactly. Really, I’m mostly insane. Alright. I’m completely insane. Don’t judge…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal started the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Mae Govannen!
I suppose I ought to introduce myself, for no other reason than it’s what everyone else has done, and far be it from me to be the odd one out. I am new here (as I’m sure you’ve guessed) so… hi.
Alright. About myself. I am partly insane. Well, not exactly. Really, I’m mostly insane. Alright. I’m completely insane. Don’t judge…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
He was raised a cult? I guess that makes sense.
It didn’t disturb me in book one, but I just read the chapter about the blood oath celebration and that was pretty occult. Very disturbing. Anybody know if there are any other scenes like that later on? I’d want to skip something like that again.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy That’s a helpful clarification. I’m not sure about my brother though. Maybe it’s not as clear since he’s younger. I think he’s fairly organized. I noticed it’s easy to get him to wear matching clothes if that counts. He seems to try to get his own way but is also very ready to follow. I don’t think of him as stubborn. He’s the best…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kingdom Cinema Q&A in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Aratrea if it isn’t too late, do all three of you know your MBTI type, and if so, what is it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
The Snalgli? *shudders* Ugh. I’d tried to forget those, @Sierra-R. Thanks a lot. 😛
Great points about Paolini’s weak worldview. I agree. Which is really sad, because a strong theme could really have made that series several LAYERS of more awesomeness. I basically had to look to the supporting characters for applicable life-lessons, and even…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise congratulations! Welcome to the crazy world of psychological genius! 😀
@Dragon-Snapper I agree with @Emma-Flournoy. One hundred percent. 😉 Also, one of the reasons I love fantasy as a writer is because it takes us so completely out of our reality that the truth of reality can be portrayed through it and be as fresh and…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Giant carnivorous snails?
Ok, new favorite characters even though I haven’t met them yet. The idea just tickles me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
As a reader, I generally prefer historical fiction, but I still really like fantasy.
As a writer, though I find that I like almost all genres, what I really love about fantasy and that is the one reason I will probably write more of it than some other genres is that I don’t have to stick to facts. The only thing that is important in fantasy is a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
As a reader, I generally prefer historical fiction, but I still really like fantasy.
As a writer, though I find that I like almost all genres, what I really love about fantasy and that is the one reason I will probably write more of it than some other genres is that I don’t have to stick to facts. The only thing that is important in fantasy is a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yay for you!! My Mom is ISFJ and my dad is ISTJ. 🙂 It seems like most moms are ISFJ for some reason…
@Dragon-Snapper I’ve actually though of that (well, as a reader. 😛 ). One of the reasons I like completely made up stories better than historical fiction (not always, but sometimes) is that it is completely made up.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yay for you!! My Mom is ISFJ and my dad is ISTJ. 🙂 It seems like most moms are ISFJ for some reason…
@Dragon-Snapper I’ve actually though of that (well, as a reader. 😛 ). One of the reasons I like completely made up stories better than historical fiction (not always, but sometimes) is that it is completely made up.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
ROSEY!!!!! I have so seriously missed you, seriously!! You don’t know me—I’ve always followed the forum so I know you, and I got an account earlier this year. I’m @Kate-Flournoy ‘s sister.
I love your gifs and humor. 😀 And I LOVE Blank Mastermind!! I don’t have a commenting account on your blog, but I absolutely love BM to pieces. *huge grins…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Really? Ah well, opinions. 😛
I know, it’s so fun relive it all by listening to the music. -
Daeus replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury The bestistet place reciprocates.
-
Snapper replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise Thanks guys! That was very helpful! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury OH! OH! I remember!!! (well, maybe that’s because I started it.) What can I say: I’m a dragon.
Speaking of which, why do we as writers like fantasy and made up stuff so much? Is there any explanation for being magnetized towards that stuff. I find that I like it because of my sense of adventure. And maybe that’s just how I was raised.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither old dragon nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@write-fury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither fossil nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] - Load More
