-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh and @Mark-Kamibaya, are the Phillipines under the American government?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H Hm…intriguing…
@Mark-Kamibaya I might address several of your points, but I think Rolena’s right. I at least would rather not go into all of those on here, though if someone else takes you up I’ll be watching the conversation. 😉
For this one though I heard that Priebus is a Christian. Anyone have a take on that? —I also heard that…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
But kids tend to do many things for very bad reasons. Like they want attention or they covet or they hate too much or love obsessively (don’t you love run on sentences?).
@Mark-Kamibaya Older people do that sometimes too, though. Messed up ones. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
But if his parents let him do everything he wants, then he’ll probably be selfish.
Yes. And this is another thing about writing kids. They interact with the world however they have been allowed to interact. When they’re young they can’t see the reality of everything, so if left to themselves they shape their way however it f…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Warrioroftherealm I’ve written one set of lyrics before. As far as the actually poetic style, lyrics aren’t really very different from most other forms of poetry. I don’t believe lyrics need to have meter, but I may be wrong. It’s also not necessary to have the exact same number of syllables in every line, but the difference shouldn’t be more…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm wow, this is really not my field of expertise. 😛 I write poems and sometimes turn them into songs in my head, but as far as actual lyric writing goes, I’m afraid I haven’t got much of anything to offer in the way of knowledge or advice. I’ll let you know if I think of anything though.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H That’s just fine. 😀
Yup, we’ll be able to see for ourselves in awhile…that’ll be far more enlightening than anyone’s statements.Our favorite candidate was hugely Ted Cruz. I hope he’ll do better in 2020. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm I make up tunes for poems and songs sometimes, but I don’t have much experience writing the lyrics myself. I’m sorry I can’t help you… 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@warrioroftherealm
Sing it to yourself, or someone else. Just like writing, you should read it out loud. Switch words around so they fit the meter you’re singing. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Some Character Illustrations by Lightningmouse in the forum Art 9 years, 10 months ago
How did I miss this topic the first time around… 😛 @Lightningmouse those are fantastic. I always found it extremely difficult to master the highly stylized styles, but you did great. I especially love the newest one. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Yay!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hannah-Krynicki yup, that’s about it. Hardcore Libertarianism opts in favor of the constitutional system while ignoring the Biblical principles of morality that have made the system stand so long. They like the structure, but don’t care as much about the foundation. At least in my experience.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy @Sarah-H not against the rules— it simply requests that no theological or political differences be the cause of ill-will or harsh words. I don’t believe for a minute either of you would do either of those 😛 , so feel free to debate if you want to.
That said, there isn’t really much point in debating politics now that things are…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H Oh dear, I didn’t know it was against the forum rules to debate politics. *hides face*
That’s all right though. I didn’t exactly want to argue about it, I just felt like saying something… *little shrug*
I hope you’ve thawed out from your camping trip. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Fun fun. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Well, lord of the flies is a good example of a story about kids.
I was about to say I’ve never written a kid, but I guess I’ve actually written two. Their POV wasn’t very strong in those scenes though.
If I were to do a deep POV child character, however, I would start by looking back at how I thought when I was younger. If you don’t remember…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yep. That Mr. Awesome. I don’t really know him very well, but I’ve been on one of his tours.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @writefury @sleepwalkingMK @his-instrument @ethryndal Oh, first person. For some reason, my writing really only seems successful when I write in that person. Third person is another thing altogether. I find it insanely difficult. I can’t believe I’m asking this but, any tips???
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean I know exactly what you mean.
You know you’re a writer when cutting an onion turns into a tearful drama.
- Load More
