-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal Oh! Big Hero 6. Baymax said that about ten times in a row to Hiro.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy So I’ve finished book two now. I know you said it get’s better, but how much better? You see, I’ve almost lost interest in the series at this point. I know, I was just saying how I planned to finish the whole thing, but I guess I can change my mind quickly. One reason is that the books would take me a while to get through, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy So I’ve finished book two now. I know you said it get’s better, but how much better? You see, I’ve almost lost interest in the series at this point. I know, I was just saying how I planned to finish the whole thing, but I guess I can change my mind quickly. One reason is that the books would take me a while to get through, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@his-instrument Tangled? The Tavern Thug Guy with the hook?
How about “On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain level?”
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya That verse— “Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.” —is one I hold to say he was bad. It says he went not fully, because he was Godly, in his earlier life, as you’re saying. But toward the end, he turned away. That doesn’t to me say he still partly had a heart for…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Seriously though, you could really do something with that. The white people of your dreams, dancing the dance of moonlight? Don’t throw that one out anytime soon.
You know you’re a writer when the best dream you ever had is the one where your main character was bullying you, just because you got to hear what she sounds like.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien It’s the best kind of blackmail, telling your siblings when they’re being annoying that you’re going to base a villain off of them… though I think they’re on to me now, since I haven’t ever actually done it. 🙂
@jess I accidentally wrote myself into my main character, but didn’t realize it until about three days ago when my…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy It’s the Princess Bride when Wesley is trying to comfort Buttercup about the Fire Swamp, right?
@sarah-h I think his name is Vezzini. And Happy Thanksgiving! -
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Being the helpful person that I am, I both don’t know and I don’t know.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus What’s his name? I might want to look him (the historical one) up. Do you think I shouldn’t if I’m going to watch the movie—spoilers?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Well, the movie gave the date for his death, so I assume he was real.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien it’s from a very famous comedic fantasy that practically everyone has watched.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
‘It’s not a choice. Not for me.’
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I’m curious—can I ask what your real name is? It’s not top secret dragonian intelligence is it? 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Ah, you shouldn’t ask me that question. Any time I’m in my room, or I have my computer out, I’m listening to music.
@anne-of-lothlorien I don’t think that the Warrior’s new… He’s been here for longer than I have.
Here’s me keeping it as simple as possible–
My favorite genres are Worship and Epic. So sorry, Warrior, but I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I know that you’re not exaggerating. I have just as many ideas or more.
@anne-of-lothlorien I would jump the fence, but hope NOT to get a broken arm. I’d do it for the exhileration. (Ah, what am I saying. I’m a dragon, I’ll just fly over the fence.)
I have based a character off of someone before… but that’s another long story.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya No, I don’t like that theme of the movie. I’m talking about the powerful turn-around of characters. It has a good theme in that, but yeah, otherwise it is like Frozen. (And I can’t stand Frozen) 🙁 *melts the movie*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean according to my observations, yes. But I don’t think it necessarily follows that one must be an introvert to be a writer. Introverts simply come to that more naturally. It’s a ‘safer’ way for them to make their voice heard.
@Anne-of-Lothlorien no, I don’t think I’ve ever based a character off a family member or someone I know. Just…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Heyyyy, you beat me to it @Hope.
But we knows the answer to that one too. *nods sagely* Edmund to King Miraz.‘Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.’
- Load More

@emma-flournoy Well, that’s just the thing, it is dragonian intelligence. Lost among mountains and mountains of scrolls. Sorry.
@Dragon-Snapper Ah. I shall inquire no further. Wouldn’t do to get on a dragon’s bad side, would it, O Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities?
😉
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. 😛
(Don’t worry, I know you’re neither of those.)
@emma-flournoy
Smaug’s such a great character. 😀
(Don’t worry, I know. 😉 )
@dragon-snapper