-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@anybody
Challenge ideas: (plz help me add to this list)
- Write as many words as you can in one hour.
- Write a short story a day for one week
- Try to write a short story/snippet in the style of your favorite author(s)
- Try to edit double the number of chapters you usually do in one day.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Update
I’M DONE!!!!!!
It’s not exact, but I am proud to announce I finished around 12 hours of writing! I wrote somewhere around 9000 words, but after going through and editing sections, I was left with only about 8700 words of progress. Not as far as I hoped, but that’s still about nine days of work for me in one day!I’m thinking about making…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok, my essential thoughts: this is a dark world. I mean man, it’s dark, depraved, sick, evil, black, and desperate. it is ONLY because of God that there is any hope at all. I tend to write about a lot of dark stuff, i.e. persecution of the Christians in the roman times, child brainwashing in dystopian era, outlawing of Christianity,…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
Aaand chapter ten. Now i gotta go! Enjoy!
Chapter 10
“God take my life
I offer myself to you now
And I shall everyday
Cherish your nameGod, you use my hands
To help the people
And you use my feet
So that I may bring your words
God, you use my voice
So that I may praise you all the time
And you use my mouth
So that I may tell your wordsYou…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
Note: There is no description in this one of the courtyard because the description would be in the chapter before.
Chapter 9
Julius pulled his cloak closer. It was nearing the end of summer, and the night air had a decided chill. It would be curfew soon, and Julius would have to hurry. He slipped through the gate and began his…[Read more] -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
The last scene was sooo cute, I liked it a lot! Also Julius’ internal dialogue and conflict was good.
I’m so glad. I pride myself with pulling off good wedding scenes. Good! I’m glad Julius’ internal struggle was good!
Ignatius, if you lay a finger on Marcus, it’s not ending well for you!
are you threatening my character? Isn’t Ign…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Goodness! Cloaked Mystery is ON IT! It helps that there is more background to work off of knowing the other version of the story, but man! This is like professional editing! AWESOME JOB!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
so, besides that, how was the chapter?
Also, here’s the part you were jumping ahead on Trailblazer. Great minds think alike in the writing world I guess. lol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
@theshadow Note: Flavia is under developed as we discussed, and I plan on adding more about her in chapter 7
Chapter 8
Julius leaned his shoulder against the side of the window. He stared out into the garden below, thinking of all the days he and Marcus had spent there. They had grown up together, and had been friends from the day they met. The…[Read more] -
Trailblazer replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
Hey, quit jumping ahead here! lol. would it interest you to know that Julius and a Praetorian may or may not be having a little conversation right now?
Haha okay I’ll be quiet and let them have their discussion XD
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
Ack, I thought you would say that. I’ve been thinking also of a way to develop a bit more with her. I’m kinda distracted with the other stuff going on and thought I would drop it for now and come back. after all, this is my very rough draft. But yes, she is under developed.
And lastly, this is just an idea that popped…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
I agree with @theshadow, I would love to see more of how Marcus and Flavia’s relationship develops rather than just being told that it did. I also feel like I don’t know Flavia very well- I know you describe her when Marcus is thinking about her and talking to Caius, but I want to see it in her rather than just be told it about…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I’ll be praying!!! Man, you are in serious trouble…. try some chocolate.
Yes, please send them on the WIP!!! I can’t wait!! I’m so glad you liked it!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Update
It’s now about 9:40, and I am beginning to regret this. I’m hitting some writer’s block and stuff. I already ended up breaking one of my own rules half by accident and half on purpose. I ate breakfast at 8:30 abouts, and took a break because my eyes were hurting from the computer screen (and the the hrs sleep started to kick in and I don’t…[Read more] -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
no edits or critiques for that one?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
You have no idea how happy that makes me to know that someone is looking forward to reading more of the story!!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok y’all, next chapter!!!
Chapter 7
Marcus walked with slow steps back toward the City of the Dead. He had known that something like this could happen, but he had hoped beyond hope that it wouldn’t. Part of him had even believed that Julius would listen, see the error of their old ways, and readily join him. The two of them could have done s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Well, now he’s happy. I mean VERY happy. You’ll see why……..
I’m posting the chapter right now.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
yup. editing is going well, but I had to stop and go back to writing because Marcus was sad that he was being ignored. lol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok, here’s my picture. I forgot I hadn’t posted it until I noticed it on my desktop. lol.
Hope I got close to what you were envisioning. I don’t have a scanner so it’s a photo. sorry about the bad quality.

- Load More
