-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
ok, took a second because I opened the doc and found it was covered in edits I forgot to fix yesterday……. sorry.
When Aaron arrived at the great hall, the people turned worried eyes on him. Aaron walked across the bridge that had been constructed from the rubble to the large stone in the middle of the water. He…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Right, I wouldn’t want them to get physical before marriage either. I guess I just know guys can have odd thought posses about things like this, and I was trying to make it more realistic. Believe me, it makes me cringe when guys think that way! lol. I can cut that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Yay!!!
Ok, here we go.
I disagree with Oliver. I think There is no excuse for doing evil.
Oh man, poor Oliver. That’s so depraved! Oh no!!! What if the Lyen king tries to do the same thing!!!!! Oh man!
Oh because Martha’s father is the one who found the wizard in the woods, and the wizard was Alan’s father! It’s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes I recognize that, and I have noticed girls are pretty myself, but it is mostly just the awkwardness. As I read that scene I could not help but cringe inwardly. But, you are making me feel the way Aaron does at that moment, so that is not a bad thing.
My dad said that it’s the natural way for a guy to think, and he has to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
also who’s Ru? A real person you’re working with, or your internal muse (like, say, the narrating character) or something?
Or yourself? lolActually, all three. Each in a way.
She’s a real person I’m working with in that we are alter egos of each other. Other I’s. In that same way, she is myself. She is also a sort of narrating cha…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you! Yes, it is sad, but like you said, realistic.
Yes, we lived there for 4 years! Italy is a beautiful place to visit….. but DON’T live there. lol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s so wonderful! I’m so glad this story is special to you! I will be praying for your family’s friends. Italy is tough. I wasn’t old enough to really know it when i was there, but I was still aware of the way they were closed off to the gospel, and the fact that our church was so small.
I like how when Aaron starts to doubt…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Ack! Awkward romantic moments!
Tell me straight that guys never noticed a girl is pretty. lol.
It’s realistic, and it could have been far worse. My aim is to keep any romance clean and God honoring.
Here’s some more I finished editing up. I’m still working on the rest, but I thought I might as well…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Alan has had his memory whipped by before
I noticed that, but once you did it two times in a row I thought I’d mention it.
No problem on time. I was just being annoying as ordered. If I get too annoying tell me to stop. lol.
I am excited to hear what happens though!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
And here is part two of what I posted today.
Aaron had just finished leading a time of prayer in the Great Hall, when there was a disturbance at the door. Several people in the room shifted, and Aaron looked about, trying to find the source of the disruption.
All at once, people scrambled back from the…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
Ok, I started braking this one into a few more sections because it flowed better. Here are two, and I’m going to work on the rest.
Days passed, and every night the enemy tried to terrorize those who stood on the walls, chanting war songs, battle cries, or threats, launching stones or flaming projectiles…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh man. What did I say. Come on Alan, get some sense in your silly head!
My only complaint in this one would be A.) You used “whipped” instead of “wiped” (a mistake I myself often make which is why I caught it, lol) and then the Do not, would not, will not, etc. Like I’ve said before, it doesn’t fit with the style of the…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Not to be to pushy, but are you ready to rp, or are you not inspired?
-
Ruth's profile was updated 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
also that’s an awesome name for the Skwadron. Any in universe reason why the word is spelled with “SK” instead of “QU” or was it just for fun?
There is no q in the Realn alphabet. Therefore, there is no ‘q is always followed by u’ rule. To recreate this specific sound, they use the runes for k and w together. From Realn to English, W…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I also like to see the variety of personalities in different characters as they become Christians.
YES! Flat characters are no fun.
Prediction: Something dangerous is just around the corner.
What would ever make you say that……………?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Phew! That’s a lot about horses. I think I will grab everything you said about them and save it in a document for future reference. In case you could not tell, Martha likes horses and would definitely know all of this, so in order to have her talk about it, I will need to know it. Thank you for typing this all out!
You’re w…[Read more]
-
Ruth's profile was updated 2 years, 2 months ago
- Load More
