-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Ok. I am in the middle of section 2. I’ll go back and finish it. I’m just so… amazed.
WHY would ANYONE in his right mind Say That? XD I’m sorry, it’s just something I remember from a visiting missionary. You rarely if ever start off saying “the gods are false.” Telling people everything they believe is a lie will typically…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I like Rasins. Good for Leon and Julian not rejecting them.
why would anyone reject raisins!!??
Hmm. They’ve been away for about ten years, so things are going to feel very different to them. I can try to add a coming home feel.
Yes, they’ve had a wild day, and it’s just getting started.
Interesting. Both the…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Ooo, lies. XD if I remember right, they want to start with little lies (because they’re more believable) and then work toward bigger lies with more power. So here are some ideas for chains of lies.
“You should be able to be strong enough on your own” (so when you falter, “you must be a failure” can follow)
“If God loved you,…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
did you see the newest sections?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Can it be any lies or does it have to be something that has to do specifically with Pythonos? I’m not familiar enough with your stories to help if they have to be specific, but I might be able to give a few suggestions otherwise.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Haha, That sounds like a funny strip.
Hmm, well you would be correct. Maybe. I like some long games, like Everdale, and I love Chess, but other then that I’m not much of a board game person. I like to play them once, (maybe twice) but after that it feels repetitive. *shrug*
I like card games tho. XD
The only time a…
-
Esther replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I haven’t started it yet, but I will have read all of it by the end of February. Once I read it all, I’ll give you my overall impression and thoughts! :))
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you.
It was someone I didn’t know, but there’s still a lot of craziness. We’re leaving for Idaho on Saturday, so you can guess it’s a little hectic. 😉
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
We had a death in the family and I’m super busy, but I’ll see what I can do.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
yeah. They’re tall. Just not tall as Ardentans.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Good, I’m glad Leon’s back story felt natural.
Yes, it is going to be a little harder. Julian may want to curb his eagerness…..
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
So, Ardentans are very tall. (Averaging on the higher end of six feet for men, and the lower end of six feet for women)
The people of the Empire are more average, perhaps a little on the shorter side. Leon and Julian are considered tall in their country, but they are only about the height of average Ardentan women.
Lol. I just always…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
@theshadow How are you doing?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I like them. Julian’s still my favorite. It was nice to get some of Leon’s backstory, in a non-info dumping way. 😉
It seems this is going to be harder than they thought..
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@hybridlore @linus-smallprint @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty
NEXT SECTION! 2
It was after sunset, and Julian and Leon were walking alone in the dim light. “So, how should we go about this?” Julian asked.
“I say the same as we did when on the run in Ardenta. We’ll try to get a place to sleep with a family, shar…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Nice job! I can’t wait to see where this goes…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
Aww, so cute!! 🥰 Ellette’s verse is a good one.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, as long as you put a TW, I don’t think it matters.
Our house is full of ducks!!!!
What?? XD
- Load More

@hybridlore
As of today… okay. It’s like one thing keeps coming after another though, for a few weeks now I’ve felt pretty purposeless and essentially have been waiting for death. Randomly I’ll get bursts of motivation to make each moment count, but then I revert back to knowing everything is going to end and that everyone I know will die. So…[Read more]
That’s tough. It’s harder to battle emotions than thoughts, I feel like, since thoughts are solid and can be argued away, while emotions are kind of slippery and cling to you. Keep hanging in there. You were fearfully and wonderfully made in God’s image, and you were made to bring glory and pleasure to Him as well as be a light to others. And d…[Read more]
@hybridlore
That was very encouraging, thank you so much. Glad to hear you’re doing better too, I’ll keep you in my prayers too.
@theshadow
So glad I could help a little! Thank you!