@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ll probably write-in Rand Paul.
-
Greta replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton Hahaha, that’s hilarious!
-
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton That sounds like a neat experience! Whose campaigns have you helped with? Just curious, have you ever heard of TeenPact? Generation Joshua sounds a lot like TeenPact.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hahaha @spradlin I totally didn’t mind. 😀
There’s not much to build on this, actually— it’s a fact, not a technique, so it can’t really be discussed. 😛And what exactly does your ‘weak’ analogy mean? I’m not quite sure I get it…
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
A writer is by nature a dreamer—a conscious dreamer.
~Carson McCullers -
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t have much experience with this but I know that any book that isn’t the last book in a series should have a cliff-hanger ending to make the reader want to read the next book. (That’s sort of a “duh.”) For the last book in a series, I know the writing just needs to have a finished feel too it. Maybe not too finished; the reader should still…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t have much experience with this but I know that any book that isn’t the last book in a series should have a cliff-hanger ending to make the reader want to read the next book. (That’s sort of a “duh.”) For the last book in a series, I know the writing just needs to have a finished feel too it. Maybe not too finished; the reader should…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton No, I’ve never heard of it. What’s Generation Joshua?
-
Greta replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic I’m kind of glad that I can’t vote for anyone, since I’m not old enough yet. Right now, I honestly don’t know who I’d vote for: Hillary, who’s clearly been caught in lies before, or Trump, who, if we’re all honest, doesn’t have a clue what being a president entails and would be horrible at foreign relations and could…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Except…let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Is that a Princess Bride reference???
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
GET ME THAT BOOK
*cringe* Make sure you have a good stock of cookies on hand, @Daeus, cuz I have a feeling it’s not going to be ready for at least a few months yet.
Another thing about ends, guys, is that the best stories never truly end. There may come a point where you cease to be a part of their story, but their stories never actually stop.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic good question Sarah. I’m not old enough to vote, but if I were, I wouldn’t vote at all. I don’t really buy the argument that no vote is a vote for someone else, and the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Ultimately, I’m judged by God, not the Republican party (or what’s left of it) and I’d rather take human pressure now than…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic good question Sarah. I’m not old enough to vote, but if I were, I wouldn’t vote at all. I don’t really buy the argument that no vote is a vote for someone else, and the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Ultimately, I’m judged by God, not the Republican party (or what’s left of it) and I’d rather take human pressure now than…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic good question. I’m not old enough to vote, but if I were, I wouldn’t vote at all. I don’t really buy the argument that no vote is a vote for someone else, and the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Ultimately, I’m judged by God, not the Republican party (or what’s left of it) and I’d rather take human pressure now than try…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hmmm…Yes that is a way to look at it. Still there are some book that I wish the author would continue with. Do you ever read a book like that? @Daeus
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks @his-instrument! *thumbs up* sound advice all through! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, thank you— good advice, which I was already planning to follow @Daeus.
Also, as a philosophical question by itself, that question isn’t much of a cliffhanger for most people other than me. It would be a good idea to hint at (but don’t make it too blatant) that much depends on the answer to that question in the lives of the cha…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Aw, thanks @Daeus… *munches m&ms included cookie in complete bliss*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I very well might just spam that post.
@Daeus *sniff* what ever happened to freedom of speech? It is my Constitutional right to throw away as many cookies as I please.
Good point @Hope— and I struggle with that. 😛
Okay, so here’s a good place for a question about endings. My WIP is a complete story in itself— but it sets up for the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey hey, impressive! I got 476 words edited @Daeus. You beat me! See— it’s not so very difficult after all! 😀
- Load More
