@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hm… this does sound like an interesting challenge. But unfortunately I probably wouldn’t be able to do it— I write only in the evenings and all day Saturday, and I have an eleven book series and a steampunk/scifi and several other novels to write before I’m twenty… 😛 Actually the goal is write before I’m married, which to the best of my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, this sounds fun! I do this mentally anyway, but I’m sure I could find a notebook somewhere… and since our cabin business brings different people to our door every day, I’m all set! 😀 I don’t know how often I’ll remember to make physical note of it, but I’ll try.
Just to be clear, we can take any personality/personality trait we find and…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I have an idea and as it is for you guys, I thought I’d found out if anyone is for it before I start. My sister does this spelling book, were she has a list of twenty words. As one of her projects she has to write something (generally a paragraph or two) using as many words as possible. The words are pretty random and sometimes impossible to work…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Overcomer oooh I want the rest of the story. I love how you used the leaves— masterful use of imagery there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Winter-Rose that is awesome! And now you feel like crashing, right? 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@daeus, @kate-flournoy Yay! Now I know how to grow mushrooms. But there’s even an easier way. Let the weather do it. Sun + rain = mushroom. And big ones too. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ah. That’s pretty neat. I’ll definitely store that info away. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ‘sterile’? Uh… how does one sterilize sawdust?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I haven’t. Truth be told, though I love gardening, I don’t have the fascination with it it would take to keep me going. I help with our family garden, of course, but I’ve never actually gone out on a limb and tried growing something by myself. How does one grow mushrooms? Just… scatter their spores (is that the correct term? Mushrooms…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! @Daeus that’s hilarious. And that’s quite an idea… it would explain why I’m the only person in my family wildly crazy about mushrooms. 😉
Then again, how would one explain a change in taste? Because mushrooms used to be my deadliest enemy. 😛You don’t like raw tomatoes??????? *gapes*
That’s terrible. You mustn’t ever have eaten real…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument hahahaha TOTALLY.
You know you’re a writer when it drives you insane to read ‘strongness’ instead of ‘strength’, or ‘validness’ instead of ‘validity’.
You also know you’re a writer if you deliberately smack your hand with the handle of a paintbrush, then inspect the ensuing welt with great interest.
Aaaand you know you’re a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic I have a blog… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@belegteleri I followed you!
I have a blog, too at writingandblog.wordpress.com.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Capitalizing His Name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope I think that would work. I really do. Because when you think about it, (I assume you’re talking about Song of the Sword here) since the Prince was down amongst the people as one of them, it makes sense that he would be considered one of them. If you don’t capitalize it, the sense of him becoming one of them is intensified.
-
Tatiana replied to the topic I have a blog… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rose Who are you, you weird stranger?
Just kidding. Hehe. 🙂
Thank you for following me! Your blog is pretty cool, too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Capitalizing His Name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope hmmmm… the capitalization of His name always seems to give it more awe and reverence. Not that there’s anything worshipful in the form of a letter or that it is wrong to do one or the other, but visually, His is more impressive and impacting than his. So I guess it depends on your goal. Do you want that? Or for the sake of your story would…[Read more]
-
Tatiana started the topic I have a blog… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I just started a blog last week, and I’m really trying to get the word out about it. I just rant about writing, reading, and fandoms. Not to be an annoying beggar, but… please follow me! Here’s the link: https://writeowl27blog.wordpress.com
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rose Congratulations!!! That’s a wonderful accomplishment. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@hannah-krynicki Oh, nice! Have fun on vacation. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I haven’t read Sign of Four before, but I’m thinking that Watson’s attraction to Mary is entwined with the main story plot somehow, like Sarah said. I also think it serves to contrast Watson’s character and Sherlock Holmes’s character. Watson is much more emotional and open about his emotions, whereas Holmes doesn’t have much emotion at all.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope exactly. Have any of you ever just sat down on a whim and started writing in the most sarcastic voice you could manage? Just thrown caution to the winds and hammered out a poem or a story or just any random piece of writing for the fun of seeing how much you could exaggerate? I’ve done that. It’s incredibly easy, somehow. Easier than being…[Read more]
- Load More
