You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Greta
    @gretald
      • Total Posts: 450

@Bluejay YES! That is so true.

Jada Morrison
      @jadamae
        • Total Posts: 199

When you hang out so much on a writer’s forum so that you start inserting action in texts. (things like *facepalm*)

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Jadamae ouch… *cringes*

*laughs hysterically*

*cringes again*

*stares at post*

*runs screaming from the room*

😉

Jada Morrison
          @jadamae
            • Total Posts: 199

@Kate-Flournoy Haha. That’s great 🙂

Hannah R.
            @his-instrument
              • Total Posts: 229

You know you’re a writer when you get lost in your basement at night because you were trying to experience total darkness.
              You know you’re a writer when you enjoyed the time you fainted because you finally knew how to describe it.
              You know you’re a writer when you apply red pen to your chemistry textbook because they asked you to figure out which of the two substances was “most” electronegative rather than “more” electronegative.

YA Fantasy Writer
              Obsessive Character Namer
              Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

@His-Instrument hahahaha TOTALLY.

You know you’re a writer when it drives you insane to read ‘strongness’ instead of ‘strength’, or ‘validness’ instead of ‘validity’.

You also know you’re a writer if you deliberately smack your hand with the handle of a paintbrush, then inspect the ensuing welt with great interest.

Aaaand you know you’re a writer if you catch yourself wondering if the world is different than it looks through human eyes.
                Seriously, guys. Think about it. We’ve never seen it except through human eyes. What if it’s completely different in reality? What if what’s really there is completely different than our senses’ interpretation of it? How’s that for a creepy thought? 😛 😉

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy I used to wonder if things looked and taste totally different for different people. Of course, green would always be green for one person, but that green would be radically different from another person’s green. I think this idea arose from the fact that I didn’t like raw tomatoes while other people did and I wanted to justify myself in my tastes. Hmm…

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

Ha! @Daeus that’s hilarious. And that’s quite an idea… it would explain why I’m the only person in my family wildly crazy about mushrooms. 😉
                    Then again, how would one explain a change in taste? Because mushrooms used to be my deadliest enemy. 😛

You don’t like raw tomatoes??????? *gapes*
                    That’s terrible. You mustn’t ever have eaten real tomatoes; just store-bought ones. 😀 😉

Daeus
                    @daeus

@kate-flournoy No, I’ve had some very good quality tomatoes I’ve grown myself, but still… I am however a salsa maniac. I do expect to like raw tomatoes some day, but it might take a little while. A long road to a far away place.

Say, you ever tried growing mushrooms? It’s not that hard. I’m growing shitake right now and they’re turning out quite well.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy

@Daeus I haven’t. Truth be told, though I love gardening, I don’t have the fascination with it it would take to keep me going. I help with our family garden, of course, but I’ve never actually gone out on a limb and tried growing something by myself. How does one grow mushrooms? Just… scatter their spores (is that the correct term? Mushrooms don’t have seeds, do they?) on a rotting log or something?

I could have a character who sells mushrooms for a living… or wait, I think I already do! Whew… I should have done some research for that, shouldn’t I? 😉

Daeus
                        @daeus

@kate-flournoy *smirks* Yeah, well, it’s a rather abnormal thing. Mushrooms are grown on a lot of things, but primarily logs, straw, sawdust, wood chips, and compost. Different varieties grow very differently. The most important thing is that the substrate (what they grow on) be fresh and sterile. They also need lots of moisture and often some other special growing conditions. Of course, some are easier to grow than others.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@Daeus ‘sterile’? Uh… how does one sterilize sawdust?

Daeus
                            @daeus

@kate-flournoy Well, I’ve never used sawdust before. I believe if it were fresh it would already be sterile, but if it were aged it would have been infected with competitive spawn. I can’t be quite sure of that though. Most times things are sterilized by heat.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

@Daeus ah. That’s pretty neat. I’ll definitely store that info away. 😉

BlueJay
                                @bluejay
                                  • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus, @kate-flournoy Yay! Now I know how to grow mushrooms. But there’s even an easier way. Let the weather do it. Sun + rain = mushroom. And big ones too. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >