@keilah-h
Active 16 hours, 21 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 7129
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
No, I can totally tell you! Just a warning, it is somewhat of a spoiler, but not hugely. Basically, it means one of her parents was a dragon, and eventually her own dragon traits start to show. (So, BIGGER SPOILER,
Amara’s father was a dragon.) I’ll get into how that happened later, because it’s somewhat complicated. -
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
So I think I’m going to go ahead and throw in Kun’en if that’s okay with everyone?
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Coolio, I’ll write his POV in a minute
Do be aware, he’s not… the nicest kid. He’s not going to like any character right off the bat, unless they look like a strong role model/royalcore/hilarious troublemaker. So keep that in mind. He’s very pessimistic.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @janellebelovedpig @keilah-h @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @acancello @all those I’ve forgotten lol
Here’s Brycen’s first POV for Chapter 3:
Brycen ducked under a tent flap, moving swiftly and silently. A black cloak followed behind him, the hood up to hide his face. In his hand was a necklace- expensive, with some kind of…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
It’s definitely leaning more towards horror; like ‘The Case of the Bloody Footprints,’ ‘The Case of the Man-Eating Rats,’ ‘The Case of the Skull in the Jar,’ that sort of thing. Those aren’t the actual names of the cases, but you get the idea.
It’s not… too graphic? A lot of the violence is hearsay, since it’s ghosts they’re dealing…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Alright! I’m just gonna keep the chapters on here instead of making a different forum, so ignore the name. 🤣
Tags: @janellebelovedpig @felicity @thearcaneaxiom @keilah-h @esther-c @anyone-else
Definitely let me know if Nia went way off the rails… I’m not the greatest at… I don’t know what to call it. Villian writing? She’s not exactly a…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks!!! How to Train Your Dragon is awesome, and your story sounds really cool. 🙂 I’ll tag you when I get the next chapter up!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Trapped in the Library of the Kingdom of Pen — (Official) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
I think this is the last thing you posted about Howzer:
Howzer
The human was trying to touch him.
No!
He crouched still lower and backed away a step or two, hissing. He couldn’t speak their language, nor they his, but he’d found that a well-placed snarl worked fine to get his point across sometimes.
“Don’t touch me.” he growled.…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@gwyndalf-the-wise @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h
Thanks so much!! 😊
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) started the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@janellebelovedpig @thearcaneaxiom @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @acancello @freedomwriter76 @anyone-else-and-the-people-I’m-probably-forgetting 😅
Okay, y’all, so I know this is kinda long (and also I have way to many novel ideas), but this is the first chapter to a book I’ve been thinking about. So… I figured I’d just share it to…[Read more]
-
Jayna Baas replied to the topic No Boring Scenes?? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 6 months ago
I’m a little late to the party, but I do want to mention something that’s helped me: A lack of action doesn’t make a scene boring; a lack of tension does. You can have a scene without any action at all that still moves the story forward and feels interesting to read as long as there is tension of some kind that relates to the overa…[Read more]
-
Jayna Baas started the topic Theme Music for the Scene You’re in Right Now in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godly-fantasy @esther-c @soleilnaia @mineralizedwritings @gracie-j @joy-calle @acancello @keilah-h @anyone-else
I know we already have topics for character playlists and such. This one is for any song you’re using as theme music for the scene you’re writing right now (as in, the last week or so). Here are the “rules”:
- Indi…
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h @loopylin @mineralizedwritings
XD Allen is not having it
SERIN
Ellie walked down the hall ahead of the group, while Allen wirled on her. “You shouldn’t be.” He growled. “In your condition, you’ll slow us down–if that noise turns out to be from a hostile, you’ll put us all in danger, or hurt yourself again.”
Serin looked down her…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @loopylin
Yeah I was just about to do Serin! (;
sorry it was so late though
SERIN
The pain… the.. burning..
Her thoughts were muddled. She had been dimly aware of the group moving her out to the huge ball room. Then a strange face appearing as she’d been layed out on the marbled floor. Now she rest with her…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks!
Anyway, those are the main races I’ve drawn. I have Falcor and Arcanin somewhere, but can’t find them… The Falcor are pretty much talking birds, and the Arcanin are just bears with stars on their foreheads. Here’s a quick drawing of the solar system, cause I can’t find the one I drew earlier. The picture is kind of bad, but…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
It worked! Ok, I’ll do the rest now. 🤣
Can’t remember for the life of me if I showed this one of Rina already, but I’ll show her anyway…

-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh… That makes sense, then. 😅 I’ll try and see with Quelin… The picture is kind of faded, but it should be fine.

-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @power @keilah-h @awsumfaith
Y’all’s artwork looks amazing!! 🤩
- Load More

