Theme Music for the Scene You’re in Right Now

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Theme Music for the Scene You’re in Right Now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jayna Baas
    @booksbyjayna
      • Total Posts: 93

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c @soleilnaia @mineralizedwritings @gracie-j @joy-calle @acancello @keilah-h @anyone-else

I know we already have topics for character playlists and such. This one is for any song you’re using as theme music for the scene you’re writing right now (as in, the last week or so). Here are the “rules”:

1. Indicate whether the song is instrumental or has lyrics (add the genre too if you like);
      2. Briefly describe the mood with a few keywords;
      3. Add a link to the song (YouTube, Amazon Music, iTunes, Spotify, whatevs)—either in a second comment by itself or by pasting the URL without the https://www. part at the beginning, since KP eats links.

You can also add anything you’d like about why you picked this song or why it fits the scene. The idea here is to give each other short, easy-read posts to find new theme songs as well as a quick peek at the feel of what we’re writing right now!

I’ll go first…

I’ve been fighting my way through a scene that features the historical Battle of Cowpens in the Revolutionary War. One of my hero’s best friends is wounded just before a charge by the British Highlander Regiment. Here’s what I’ve been writing to:

“The Great O’Neill” by Phil Coulter (instrumental Celtic)

Mood: lament, challenge, fight, sorrow

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=OK1ea2uL-3A

This song was written to commemorate the Irish battle of Kinsale, and I love it for this scene because it starts with the perfect mournful, reflective piano melody, and then the war drums sneak up on you.  Picture my hero focused on his wounded friend, then turning to see a Highlander charging at him. Plus there really were bagpipes at the Battle of Cowpens!

​Jayna Baas
      Christian Author/Editor
      www.booksbyjayna.com

Jayna Baas
      @booksbyjayna

Tagging a few more: @princesachronicles22 @sarafini @euodia.vision @felicity @rmarcher

​Jayna Baas
        Christian Author/Editor
        www.booksbyjayna.com

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3201

@booksbyjayna

Oooh fun!! I’ll have to hop on here some time when I’m actually writing. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Jayna Baas
          @booksbyjayna

@esther-c

Yes, do!

​Jayna Baas
            Christian Author/Editor
            www.booksbyjayna.com

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@booksbyjayna I’ll have to do this when I’m writing/listening to music sometime! 😉

Felicity
              @felicity
                • Total Posts: 811

@booksbyjayna

Great idea!

The scene I am writing right now is the resolution to the climax. The villain has reached her just end, and the heroine is being reunited with her friends. Good has overcome evil, and truth has conquered over lies.

“Hope in Your Eyes” by Tony Gram (Instrumental Epic Cinematic)

Mood: Hope, Victory, Inspiration, Bravery

Link: https://youtu.be/XF2Mmwn64yU

I especially love the hint of sadness in the end of this song, which fits with the scene I’m writing because of the way things have changed over the coarse of the story. Relationships are mending, but the memories of what happened are still sore to the touch. Plus, one of the sweetest characters is now maimed for life. *sob*

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Felicity.
                • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Felicity.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Jayna Baas
                @booksbyjayna

@felicity

Oh, this sounds like a good one for a bittersweet resolution. Thanks for sharing!

​Jayna Baas
                  Christian Author/Editor
                  www.booksbyjayna.com

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@booksbyjayna This is such a fun and great idea!!! 🙂

The scene I’m writing is one that’s quickly leading to the climax, when one of my MCs and his wife see each other for the last time, a bittersweet scene because they haven’t seen each other in a couple of months, but bitter because she is unwell and…well…things are about to happen.

“Without You” by for KING & COUNTRY (feat. Courtney) (has lyrics)

Mood: closeness, love, loss, hope

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=4_zcjxDdZ1s

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3868

@booksbyjayna Ooh, this sounds like fun!!

I will say that most of the music I’m listening to while writing is soundtracks from other movies… I got inspired for a whole fanfic that way which had nothing to do with the story the song’s supposed to be for……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >