-
Lin replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic How has your writing changed since you first started? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
@kathleenramm I’m actually quite similar to you, Kathleen. When I first started writing I learnt about theme and I was like, “Eh. I just want to write things that people will enjoy.” But now I want to write things that people will think about for a long time.
-
Lin replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Sure thing.
The great gods of the wind surrounded her, for she had violated the order of the sacred plains.

-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oooh, a writer’s corner! (Mind if I join in for a bit?) As long as there’s coffee, I’m content 🙂
-
Annika C. replied to the topic Describe your writing process in 3 words. What are they and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 10 months ago
1. Fast
I usually write during NaNoWriMo, but outside of November I tend to write a book within four months. I outline for months, and then I write everything. And then…
2. Changes.
So many changes. Whether removing characters, replacing entire chapters, adding a new concept, or deepening a character arc, whenever I look back at my first…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello Everyone in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 10 months ago
@_delta-leigh_ Hiya, welcome to the Kingdom!
Your hobbies all sound really interesting. I also enjoy music, and if I had more time, there would be a lot of other things I’d like to do for fun. Alas, I don’t.
I see that most here have already covered the usual bulk of questions, so…
Do you mind sharing anything about your WIP? Anything about the world?
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Software in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@kathleenramm Nice; I use Google docs a lot as well.
@gracie-j I just downloaded LibreOffice, and am excited to try it out! I also downloaded Quoll Writer; it seems very close to a free alternative to Scrivener. Thanks for the suggestion!
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Then disregard everything that I’ve just said.
Oh, to have graduated…literally counting down the days… -
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 If you’re not in high school yet run while you can, kid…. Jk, jk. But enjoy your lasting time while you can.
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 The term of “free time” is right now on another plane of existence from me…it’s be so long…so many years…
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Oh…to have free time…and a wii….
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 That sounds great! I just finished four pages in my WIP, and now I am going to be finishing homework.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing a Series in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Me? Since I have a tight writing schedule, I think, “Ah, I’m very excited that by this time next year, I’ll hopefully be writing ‘this’. Also stuff like, ‘If I don’t finish this now, then I can’t get to that.'”
-
Lin replied to the topic How Do Y'all Feel About… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Excellent points, Grace. Thank you for it. I get what you’re saying now, and it makes everything a lot clearer.
-
Lin replied to the topic How Do Y'all Feel About… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
Though, after thinking about this a while, I remember something a very smart teacher of mine said once. When asked how what he thought about swearing, he said that he usually considered about if this would hurt the person that he would say it in front of. I don’t really remember the whole conversation, but I do remember one of my classmates saying…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer Advent Calendar? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 OOH! That is very interesting!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Software in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j I’ll be sure to check out LibreOffice, thank you!
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll probably look for a free alternative for Scrivener, because I have heard a lot of good things about it.
-
Lin replied to the topic Describe your writing process in 3 words. What are they and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 10 months ago
1. Overboard.
That’s too many ideas. No, no, stop. Why did you…stop getting new ideas. No. Stop. Why…why are you….why do you plan such extravagant things….
2. Scheduled.
Everything is carefully scheduled from the first day of the year to the last. Every project’s words are calculated, everything is plan…for one project.…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do Y'all Feel About… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j Exactly!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do Y'all Feel About… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 10 months ago
@gracie-j YES, I totally agree! It takes away from the story…
- Load More

