-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writing for a couple of hours. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’m gonna start writing in about twenty minutes or so if you’re on and wanna join! Planning on going until I can’t write anymore. Also, if anyone else sees this and wants to write totally come along!!!!!!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
Wow! All of this info is extremely helpful, I really appreciate it! I never thought about have specific readers for specific things (for me, I’ll probably need readers who have even deeper knowledge of Russia and natural medicines in nature and etc).
Thank you a thousand times over!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Feedback Needed in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
Wow, I love your writing style! And your descriptions, I was hooked from beginning to end.
What I like most was the mystical sense about everything and it was really interesting/cool, the POV you chose.And CONGRATULATIONS on publishing it!
-
Lin replied to the topic Feedback Needed in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j Ooh I love it! Your imagery is beautiful! I’m like really interested in every single one of the characters which you presented! I do want to read more! I especially want to know more about the relationship between the Guardian guy and the person in the water. Really nice job!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Feedback Needed in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
AAAAHHHH!!!!!! This story sounds SUPER EPIC!!! I’m just sooo intrigued!!! I DEFINITELY wanna know more about the girl and these Guardians and stuff. They seem like nasty business. XD I’d also like to know some more about the one telling the story. I’m drawn in and would totally keep on reading if there was more to the story!!!!!!
800…[Read more] -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
That sounds awesome!
If you don’t mind, I have a question about sending writing off for feedback: how do you do it? Like where would I send it? How much do I send? I’ve looked it up, so I have the general idea, but I was wondering how other writers do it. Since I’m kinda new to the department of beta readers outside friends and family. -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Same here! 🙂
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
The premise mostly revolves around the statements “giving up isn’t an option” and “that which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” (My poor characters). The plot is still uncertain, but that’s partly because even though I put my characters through a lot, I like them and I think they would be great in multiple stories. But I am deter…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j *blushing* It’s just a collection of 60-80k word novels…not that much if you break it up.
But ay congrats on your own work, Grace! I don’t think I could write that long for a singular project!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
NP! I love research:) Sometimes it takes awhile, but it’s still fun. I may actually get a mini essay together about searching on Google, since there are a few tricks to getting to the right resources.
-
Lin replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
@kathleenramm Ah thanks for the inspiring words! This is my first time venturing out into the publication world, so wish me luck 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, this is a REALLY GOOD QUOTE!!! And actually VERY good advice!!! I’ve really found reading aloud my stories TOTALLY helps me in editing sooooo much better than almost anything else!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
I’ve actually not published any novel, but I’ve got a short story I’m about to start edits with an editor for ’cause it’s gonna be published in a teen anthology that comes out in March. I’m SUPER EXCITED about all of that!!!!! Aww, THANK YOU!!!!!!! <33
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Really??? Thank you!! I appreciate the help!! 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
I really only have one major writing goal (even if that’s the only thing I achieve with writing, then I’ll be happy), and that’s finishing my novel. I’ve been writing on this novel for a looooooong time, so if I can have it completely finished/edited/ready to be sent to a publisher by this time next year, I’d be over the moon ^-^…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic What writing goals do you want to have achieved by this time next year? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
My writing goal this year is to finish my WIP, The Snow Warrior.
To publish a short story.
And of course make another 50k in the next NaNoWriMo.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Who's most likely to… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think any of my characters would (they are all extremely stubborn. Sigh).
Who is most likely to quit their profession to be 24/7 poet.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Hey, that’s not complicated at all. I should have the answers by tonight. In fact researching these things sounds like a fun challenge.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
“Read your work aloud! This is the best advice I can give. When you read aloud you can find out how much can be cut, how much is unnecessary. You hear how the story flows. And nothing teaches you as much about writing dialogue as listening to it.” – Judy Blume.
- Load More
