@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, @ariel-ashira, @catwing, @jenwriter17, @valtmy
anyone on?
(Rochellaine, thank you for your thoughts on the speech I showed you a bit back)
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@valtmy Praying for you, friend!
-
valtmy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
Praying for you guys!
@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @catwing @alia @ariel-ashira @clairec
I have a prayer request too. Lately I have been getting very fierce and debilitating bouts of stress, anxiety and worry as a result of the toxic combination of new job + high workload + lack of knowledge and experience at new job + my own…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
Totally. 😉
You are one to talk about being up in the middle of the night! I am researching, too.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@ariel-ashira I wouldn’t say “finally” as I have been working on Daughter of Judas for a quite a while.
Research is such a huge subject covering such diverse topics that your question cannot be answered. 😛 I mean, all I can say to your general question is that I use Google and books. And that’s what all researchers do. Of course, some go to…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@rochellaine Are you working on Daughter of Judas?! Finally! I think about that all the time, even though its not my book.
How or where do you do research? Anything you would recomend?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@catwing Sorry that I can’t like or comment on anything. I’m not on Facebook. But I did see it, and congratulations again. 🙂 Hope you get lots of visitors who are signed in, so you can get likes. 😉
Oh, okay. It’s so hard to keep track. 😛 Especially when it’s not a real book yet – just a beginning.
All right, there you go. Vanish. Disapp…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@catwing Congratulations! 🙂 Is this specific to writing/business or is it personal?
Yeah. I’ve been trying to find out more about the town my protagonist lives in, but there’s hardly any information about it. I might have to just go with general info about the time period.
You haven’t read it, have you?
Okay. It is late. 😉 (You migh…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@catwing Cool. 🙂
I’m doing research for a my biblical era novel. And hitting a lot of dead ends. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@alia *sighs* Oh well. Good luck on your test!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@rochellaine, I wish. I have an anatomy and physiology test tomorrow so I’m studying. But I might be on a bit tomorrow
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@jenwriter17 bye!
On that note, tomorrow I will be going away for a few days to go to Melbourne 🙂
@rochellaine @valtmy @alia @catwing @dekreel
Anyone around? I’m working on my outline…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Ah, sorry. 🙁 Hope you can get some rest later.
College textbooks – no, ALL textbooks – with a few (very few) exceptions, are horrible, boring, uninteresting, nasty, unappealing, confusing, useless, depressing things.
😀
Do you get a clear enough picture of my feelings toward textbooks?
Well, it’s almost two o’clock, so…have…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I’m not really but I have to finish a math test and get dressed for Girls brigade. And time has elapsed so that I only have half an hour.
I did attempt to learn Greek once but it was from a college textbook. And I was twelve. I’ll look into that book though. It sounds good. It would just be really interesting to read the Bible…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Well, you could fall asleep for an hour, couldn’t you? Doesn’t seem like you’re the kind of girl who needs half an hour to get ready, like me. 😛
There’s a really easy and fun Greek language study guide that I used once. I was too easily distracted to get all the way through it, but it was so simple and well written that I very m…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
I’m literally falling asleep, but I can’t because I have to go out in an hour 🙁
I really wish I could read Greek. I mean, I have somewhere around five different translations of the Bible and they all say different things, which, in turn, can be interpreted different ways. Which is mostly what all these different people are arguing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Well, I’m not actually falling asleep yet. I’m just a bit sleepy. But, as always, I might randomly disappear on you. 😀
Ah! 😀 😀 😛 Why in the world would you think that? Think of all the jokes about putting ministers of different denominations in the room together.
Personally, I would rather not look at what people have to say…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
😀 you’re welcome to go to bed if you so desire (however I am half asleep as well and its only mid afternoon)
Researching gender roles. Out of all the groups in the world, you’d think that Christians would be the best at agreeing. *sigh*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Hey, I’m awake…barely. 😛
Whatcha doin’? (Proof that I am half asleep: I am using improper English) (proof that I am half awake: I am using the correct spelling and punctuation for the incorrect English) (proof that I am a writer: I am giving a long explanation of what types of words I use).
- Load More
