-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Despite not having read Ingleside (I have only read the first Anne of Green Gables book) I thoroughly related to your frustrations in your post.
One of my pet peeves in books are characters who makes dumb decisions simply for plot convenience. Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally fine with characters who make mistakes, but the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
What’s a book that hasn’t aged well for you?( ie. a book you used to liked, but now after reading again and/ or looking back on it wasn’t that good.)
I found the answer to this pretty recently, as I pick up a random book to read before bed. It was the third book in the Ascendance Trilogy, The Shadow Throne, by Jennifer A. Neilson. The first…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What aspect of writing have you grown most with as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
What aspect of writing (characters, prose, theme, etc.) have you grown the most with as a writer?
For me the biggest part of writing that I’ve grown most in throughout the years, is learning how to not make a story contrived.When I was younger I thought there had to be a set amount of events and plot points in my story for it to be a interesting…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@e.p.writes
Yes!! I’ve added them to my mental list of favourite books. They are indeed thought provoking and deep. They make you think. I don’t like books that you can read and then forget about the next day. I like books the I can read and then the next few days still be pondering the meanings and then deeper meaning behind the story. Like the…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Dragon Lore and other things… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
These dragons men are really cool sounding and must be a lot of fun to draw.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I’m going to reopen The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes now. Even from what I read, though it wasn’t my favorite, I still learned a lot about writing from it. The writing style really inspired me to develop mine.
I love how you described it like poetry or song. Because it’s so true, yet it’s not blatant or distracting. Which is…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Topic suggestion for Biblical fiction writers in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 11 months ago
Awesome idea! And since I have unlimited power with whatever is created on the site *chuckles evilly* Biblical Fiction is now a topic under “Genre Fiction”!
If there is any technical issues with it, just let me know and I’ll get right on it!
-
Elanor replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@e-p-writes Hello! Nice to make you acquaintance. I’m known as Elanor around here on the forum. I’m pretty new myself having joined earlier this year.
Your talk of the Hunger Games books made me look them up. I’d only seen the first movie and nothing else. Well I opened the PDF for the first book and next thing I know 5 days later I’ve read al…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Haha, well, it doesn’t really have to be exciting to be unexpected.
Like the amount of times I’ve gotten story ideas out of an unexpected look, laugh, or hello is absurd.
Have you ever gotten an idea for a certain trait for a character from a person you know?
That’s cool. Now you’ll have to credit Evanescence as a co-writer…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Oof, yeah. Present tense first person isn’t something I’ve ever tried, but I can already see it going terribly wrong, haha.
The ending is pretty good? I was always a little curious about how it was going to end, but know I’m even more intrigued. I guess I’m going to have to finish it then!
As for your questions about The Hunger…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
What’s an unexpected place, event, or thing that you got a story idea from?
A couple unexpected things that happened to me that I got some pretty cool story ideas from.Waffle House. Went to a Waffle House once in my life and that was at 2am when I was eight years old. Never will I go again. It was a very creepy experience and all the cu…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to KP! It’s fantastic to have you!
Yo, your favorite food are definitely top tier foods.
Blue used to be my favorite color, until I started liking other colors too much and now I’m just confused, haha.
I love The Hunger Games! Each time I read it I pick up on something new. I also love how deep the POV is and how the three…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks.
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Ohh sorry. I used the wrong term. 🤦🏼♀️ Lol. Forum signature. Your forum signature, “Till the Trumpet Sounds!”
Thanks.
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Love your poem thanks for sharing.
Thanks you. That was my first time trying out the abba. I often do the abab or do three or four lines in a row that rhyme (example aaa, bbb, ccc, so on and so forth). As for meters my usual is an octometer. But I’ve been everywhere between a pentameter to a dodecameter.
Ive written 24 poems o…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Alright tell me what you think! (No you can’t.)
Is there anything you’re working on writing right now?
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thats really cool that your Grandfather had a similar name!
She sounds like a great character.
Yeah, it’s funny how characters can completely change from how you originally introduced them and intended them as.
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you. 🙂
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Here it is @lorelei-writer
Like I said it’s not finished it’s missing most of its punctuation and I still have a couple of lines to add at the end which I have an idea of what they’ll be but haven’t thought them up yet xD. Tell me what you truly think. I don’t have any fellow poetry writers to tell me their opinion on my writings.
So this poem…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
I write poetry about the same things! I’d say about half of them are themed around some emotion or idea and how to push through struggles and how God is always there to help and the other half are ones of how I see God’s amazing splendor and handiwork through His creation.
I love Fall too. It’s my absolute favourite season! The b…[Read more]
- Load More
