-
Elanor replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Well… I’d say everyone else here has given great answers.
I’d say the same thing. With your characters actions if he messes up be sure to portray the wrong as wrong.
Again with the government and any authority we are commanded to obey them unless it goes against the Bible. And when we can’t obey still do it respectfully. Like @elishavet…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Which story was the quickest to write and which was the slowest? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Which story took you the shortest to write and which took the longest? Why?
So for me the shortest amount of time it took to write a novel was 5 months and that was my siblings and my “Cliche Story”.Yuh, yeah. That was the working title that never got change because we wrote it mostly to have fun. Heh. We purposely wrote it to be as cliché as…[Read more]
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor changed their profile picture 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Elanor replied to the topic Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL* in the forum Announcements 4 years, 10 months ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
My advice? If you have as much time as you say that could be spent writing and have no inspiration to do so then maybe don’t. It’s like trying to squeeze juice out of a dried lemon.
If you do however have inspiration and simply can’t type because you can’t keep your fingers from annihilating your keyboard I’d go…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL* in the forum Announcements 4 years, 10 months ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
My advice? If you have as much time as you say that could be spent writing and have no inspiration to do so then maybe don’t. It’s like trying to squeeze juice out of a dried lemon.
If you do however have inspiration and simply can’t type because you can’t keep your fingers from annihilating your keyboard I’d go…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Sorry for the moment of panic I gave you by mentioning them. Lol.
It IS an amazing series and *cough* I’ve read through the whole series a good amount of times as well.
It helped me in tough stuff too. It’s amazing how reading about someone else’s struggles and growths (fantasy or not) can help you.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, once I heard about the massacre of season 2, I just had to pretend that season one is the only one that exists. It’s so tragic about what they did with the second season. Haven’t watched it, just heard about it. So it’s a good thing that season one is good enough to stand alone. Seriously, you should watch it if you…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Sorry it took a while to respond. Life…
The original story behind Robin Hood if you read any history is quite different then the young man who is kicked out of his home because he’s loyal to King Richard and who’s madly in love with Maid Marian. But the whole “when he lived”, “what exactly he did”, etc are up to huge debate.…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's an unexpected benefit you got from writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
One thing that has took me by surprise with writing was how enormously satisfying it is. You can sit and write something and your work will stay put. There’s a result to show whether terrible or great there’s physical proof of the effort you put into it. You can also come along and change it whenever you like and going back to see…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Breaking my silence. *EMOTIONAL* in the forum Announcements 4 years, 10 months ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
My suggestion to help you out with this crisis, is to give up writing (and reading for that matter) entirely.
You simply can not be a complete Alpha Male (which I assume is your purpose in life) if you do anything even remotely related to arts and sciences (unless it’s Bro Science of course).
So free yourself from…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
Yo, I’m so glad this topic exists. Anime/ Manga is so fun to discuss.
I’ve only just started watching Anime last year, and my favorite was Erased for awhile, but just last month I watched Promised Neverland and took it it’s place as favorite. The characters are my favorite out of all the anime I watched and the writing was spectacular.…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's an unexpected benefit you got from writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
What’s an unexpected benefit you got from writing?
For me an unanticipated benefit from writing was becoming a more empathetic person. It seems kinda obvious now, but yeah, creating and writing people who are completely different from yourself really changes how you look at people.Having to put yourself in their mind and understand why they are…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I agree that a lot of portrayals of the Robin Hood justified stealing. However, now I’m really curious about the original story and if it actually does that. Did you read the original version? Because the theme of “is stealing ever justified” could be a really interesting topic to explore in a novel. As it could delve into both…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic dealing with overloads of stress :)) in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Life and school can be so overwhelming. Sometimes if feels like there’s an heavy weight on your shoulders at all times and you can never catch a breath. And no, your post didn’t come off as complaining at all! It just isn’t realistic to never talk about things that aren’t so positive. It’s good to talk about what you are struggling with.…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Yes it is! I just love them.
Thy have so many great themes and real personal struggles for each character.And the Romantic part of me appreciates the sworn enemy hate each other relationship turning to being in love and wanting g to get married. I love how it’s a full circle from where the series started. It starts and en…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
I honestly don’t reread very many books if I do it’s because I was REALLY into the books. Those books would be Medallion, Captive Treasure and Pride and Prejudice. And these 5 series: the Chronicles of Narnia, the Hobbit and LOTR, Daughters of the Seven Seas, The River of Time, and Viking Quest. Each of these just gets better and…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Ah, yeah, learning more about mythology and history can really change your perspective on things.
And as much as I like Narnia, I always lean towards Tolkien as well. I love his worldbuilding and writing style, and yeah like you said his originality when it comes to both mythology and story. So many people have tried to replicate it,…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
That’s kinda funny, because that’s the same opinion Tolkien had on Lewis’s work! Tolkien also didn’t like The Chronicles of Narnia very much because the mythology didn’t make sense.
Although I love The Chronicles of Narnia, I get why it wouldn’t settle right for some people. It does do a lot of crazy things with mythology that might…[Read more]
- Load More
