-
Madelyn replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
It really sounds like an intriguing story!! Honestly, I just get excited hearing about it XD. Be sure to let me know if you ever get it published ;P. Ooh, and have fun starting the first draft!! That’s one of the most exciting (and scariest and exhilarating and crazy) parts of writing.
Let me know if you remember it ;P. I could…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Gotchaaa, I can relate *has never finished a book in 8-ish years of writing* Still though, maybe you’ll come back to it in 5-10 years and write the whole series! XD You never know 😉
Hey, that was a cool gift idea, for them to publish it!! Let me know if it’s ever available!
For one, the whole “twysted tales” title is super…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Hey there, thanks so much for popping in!! =)
Ooh, I’ll look into those books!! I’ve honestly never read The Goose Girl or heard of the Steadfast Tin Soldier, so the Cinderella one might be the only one whose retelling I understand XD
Thanks so much for the recommendations!!!!!! I love fairytale retellings, but I’ve not read as…[Read more]
-
Madelyn started the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
(I tried posting this earlier today, and it might have gotten eaten by the forum. Hopefully, I’m not double posting it now!)
Greeting Kingdom Pen-ers! Or KeePers or Kapeefers or whatever it is that we call ourselves nowadays XD (Seriously, do we have an official title? I’m genuinely curious XD)
To be perfectly honest, I haven’t been on here in 3…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What come to you first? Plot or Characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
What come to you first? Plot or Characters?
For me, honestly it’s both. Sometimes a cool character comes to me sometimes a cool plot.However, that’s a bit of a cop-out answer so I’ll say what most commonly comes to me. And that would be plot ideas. When fleshing out a story idea I always focus on characters, however, the basic premise of the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Who has impacted your writing the most? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
That’s really cool!
Of course, putting you into the world to pretty cool, but letting you naturally fall into stories in your own way instead of forcing you is also really cool.
Was there a particular audiobook that you found that made you interested in listening to more?
All of your inspirations from friends to…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Who has impacted your writing the most? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
Who impacted your writing the most?
(This can be someone you know personally or not)
For me, it’s my older sister. I loved reading her and my older brother’s stories growing up, which is kinda saying a lot considering I didn’t like reading at the time.
I shared a room with my sister since I was born, so I grew up seeing my sister come up with…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's the most recent piece of writing advice you’ve been given? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
That sounds fun! I’m like you in how I don’t usually stay in one world very long. Usually just one book. Probably because after each book I want to try something totally different.
What current world are you working on right now? Have you made any recent developments with it?
ooh, yeah, I really learned the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's the most recent piece of writing advice you’ve been given? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
What’s the most recent valuable piece of advice you’ve been given about writing?
Almost everything I learned about writing is from my older sister. She’s legit one of my favorite authors and that’s not because she’s my sister it’s because her writing is just that good.So, of course, I often ask her for advice. Recently I asked her if she had a t…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Haha, yeah pseudonyms are a great chance to have the name you always wished was yours lol.
Also, I really like the meaning behind your name archer! It constantly gives you the reminder of what you are aiming towards. Plus, it sounds cool which is a bonus.
I 100% agree with you about it being so much easier being…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic How do I edit replies? in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 8 months ago
@thelobsterlover
Hmmm… I’m going to have to check that out. I’ll get back to you soon if I figure anything out or make any changes to the website. Thanks for letting me know about the problem! -
Kathleen started the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not?
I have considered it, and I have done it… multiple times. For novels I will probably always stick with my real name, however I pretty much always use pseudonyms for short story contests I participate in online. Mainly Reedsy’s short story contests as they have cool weekly…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Why have I not done this questions yet?! Thanks so much for the idea!
I’ve seen some other articles with a similar topic as the one you linked, but this one is by far the best. The questions are really interesting and unique, I’m totally going to use this. Thanks!
Ooo, good idea! I’m surprised I…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Who’s the most bizarre character you have encountered, whether it’s one you’ve written about or read about?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
@lavenderbookling
A writer who doesn’t like coffee? I thought those people were myths…Anyways, awesome to meet your acquaintance! It’s wonderful have you here in the Kingdom.
The way you described your world is so interesting. A Cyberpunk fantasy mix is such a cool idea. Where did your get the idea from?
I have the same favorite authors has…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
@lavenderbookling @lavenderbookling
I’ll definitely be using both these as future Topics of the Week disocclusions! Thank you so much!
Also, it’s funny how you were just thinking about me asking you guys for ideas the same day I decided to write a post on it lol. Was it that obvious that I was running low on ideas?
-
Kathleen started the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
So we’ve been doing Topics of the Weeks for a while, and strangely enough, I’ve never asked for input from you guys!
So I thought I thought that this week’s topic of the week would be, What discussion(s) do you want to be a future Topic of the Week?
What are some cool discussion prompts or questions that would spark an interesting convo?
They…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
I’ve never heard of The Lost Island of Tamarind, but now I’ll have to check it out after hearing what you said about it! I love stories with good characters and relationships.
220? Manga or not that’s still a lot of reading.
Do you have any favorite Manga you read this year?
Most of the books you mention are…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Oof, it’s taken me forever to reply to all you guys, but here I am!
Woah, that’s like a consistent book week right? As a notoriously slow reader, I am in awe.
I’m going to have to check out Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers then! I usually don’t read romance because I find them a bit dull and predictable, but from…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 9 months ago
Ah, the Ninjago line was a joke, haha.
The Fangs in Wingfeather Saga reminded me of the snake creatures in Ninjago, so I thought I’d make a little joke about it.
But yeah, sometimes jokes get misinterpreted when it’s in writing like this, haha.
- Load More
