-
Madelyn started the topic How Do You Turn a Spark Into a Blaze? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 5 months ago
If you clicked on this topic because of the interesting title, I feel obliged to tell you first off that this is not about the practice of fire starting 🔥
Sorry to disappoint you, but, please, stick around!! 😉
Today I have a simple question for y’all:
How do you go from an semi-fleshed-out idea to a real plot? How do you build a bridge from a s…[Read more] -
Madelyn replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Mmm, at this point probably a dark gold. It varies though 😉
Oh, I love CityAlight! What are some of your favorite songs from them? XDÂ They’re both Australian, right? I haven’t listened to FK&C, but I have a friend who loves it.
Yesss, Narnia all the way! And Jane Austen! Have you read any other books by her?
Mm, Narnia of course,…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic The Hope That Remains Despite Illnesses in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 5 months ago
Yay, it went through! The forum can be iffy like that sometimes.
Glad to be of service! As I said, it’s a beautiful poem, and I hope it will encourage a lot of people! Have you considered submitting poetry to the KP blog?
That’s so true!! Poetry is my happy place ✨ It does seem to often resonate deeper than just prose.
Happy…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
What’s your book about if I may ask? 👀
You know I’ve never read much of anything in the way of poetry. The only poetry I’ve read is what I’ve been assigned for school in the past couple of years (well other than kids’ nursery rhymes ). So I’m not exactly sure how I picked it up. 😆 Yes, I have published a couple on KP. Here they are:…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
It looks like it ate my reply when I sent it? Did it?
-
Elanor replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
Haha! Sounds like a fun poem baboons bickering in a tree. lol
Oh, I like it!
Here’s another one I wrote. This was a random thought moment after a Physics lesson. It doesn’t exactly rhyme and is a sort of weird pattern. With lots of alliteration, but I like it lol
The Least are Largest
Just small things we are
We are the smallest of…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
ah looks like it ate my first reply lol
@emily_d What’s your novel about? Is it in the real world or fantasy or both? Are there cool creatures (hints at dragons and such creatures)?
Haha, my family puts everything on pizza. The usual pizza is cheese (several kinds), olives, pineapple, capers, anchovies, peppers, and some sort of meat with the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Has a song ever inspired a story, scene, or character? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 5 months ago
Has a song ever inspired a story, scene, or character?
This is something I’ve always wanted to do and also shocked that I haven’t done it yet as I pretty much listen to music 24/7.I think I have gotten quite a few ideas for characters, scenes, stories, and such from music, sometimes from the lyrics but often from the overall feeling the song g…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
A desk job has never seemed more enticing. I guess my dream of becoming a advertising street sign holder will have to die. Its a so sad, but I must do it for the arts…
But in any sense, thanks for the tips! I will definitely be using them.
As for your question about what rhymes with orange, it’s Sporange. An uncommon, but very real…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Welcome back! It’s awesome to have you back!
I don’t know about you, but there is always this fresh sense of excitement when I get back into writing after a break.
Is there anything in particular you are excited about with getting back into writing?
-
Madelyn and
Autumn Rebecca are now friends 4 years, 5 months ago
-
Madelyn replied to the topic The Hope That Remains Despite Illnesses in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 5 months ago
Hey-o!
For one, I LOVE your poem!! As someone who has struggled with chronic pain in the past, I can really see the beauty in it. I’m sure it will be an encouragement to others 🙂
I love the theme of total dependence on God. Though trials are confusing and bring us low, His Hand is in it all, He is our Rock in our time of…[Read more]
-
Elanor's profile was updated 4 years, 5 months ago
-
Elanor replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
😏 I suppose I could share a couple… I write about pretty much anything. I’ve written poems about the seasons, rain, time, some Bible passages, and many many others. I’ve actually published a couple here on KP. I also write in many different forms of verse, rhyme, etc. So I wouldn’t say I have a characteristic rhythm to write in. lol
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
-
Madelyn's profile was updated 4 years, 5 months ago
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 5 months ago
I love that idea!!
To be honest, it’s been a bit since I last read The Wingfeather Saga, so I honestly can’t remember where the Fork Factory was… or what it was for…
I really should read them again XD
Okay, I just found a Wingfeather fandom page online and refreshed my knowledge, so I’m good to go 😉
I would definitely re-read…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Nice to meet you!!
What are your favorite Christain music artists?
Hey, another classic lover!! What are some of your favorites?
And how ’bout a random question…
If your writing style was a color, what color would it be?
See ya around!
-
Elanor replied to the topic Scars, a poem in the forum Poetry 4 years, 5 months ago
This is a great poem! Love it! I enjoy writing poetry myself…
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hey in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 5 months ago
Hello @emily_d ! Nice to greet you! *offers chocolate* What do you write? What’s your WIP about? Do anchovies belong on pizza?
My favorite things to do are reading, writing, listening to music, and exploring the great outdoors! I like to read most genres I’ve found as long as there’s an epic plot though historical fiction is my most frequented it…[Read more]
- Load More
