Hey

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Emily_D
    @emily_d
      • Total Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I’m a former Keeper who has returned after a long hiatus from writing! Very excited to be back. I love reading, playing piano, and listening to Christian music. I am a big fan of historical fiction and the classics!!

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Elanor
      @elanor
        • Total Posts: 184

Hello @emily_d ! Nice to greet you! *offers chocolate* What do you write? What’s your WIP about? Do anchovies belong on pizza?

My favorite things to do are reading, writing, listening to music, and exploring the great outdoors! I like to read most genres I’ve found as long as there’s an epic plot though historical fiction is my most frequented it seems. Right now I just started “Great Expectations” by Dickens and am enjoying it thus far. I mostly write poems and short stories though there’s a novel in the makings that (hopefully) I want to make some good progress on this upcoming Summer!

See you around! 😁

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Madelyn
        @madelyn
          • Total Posts: 115

@emily_d

Nice to meet you!!

What are your favorite Christain music artists?

Hey, another classic lover!! What are some of your favorites?

And how ’bout a random question…

If your writing style was a color, what color would it be?

See ya around!

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Power
          @power
            • Total Posts: 292

👋🤪

🦊⚔️🐍

You will love what you spend time with.

Emily_D
            @emily_d

@elanor At the moment I am writing a novel–I’m not sure what genre it would be classed as…. Anchovies belong on pizza sometimes, not all the time XD Oooh yes epic plots are good!!! I like Dickens’s very involved,  twisting-and-turning plots!!! And I love poetry! Who are your favourite poets? Have you published any on KP?

@madelyn
              probably blue LOL, and you? My favourite band is For KING & COUNTRY, but I tend to go for songs over artists, if that makes sense. CityAlight is really awesome too though–there is a common theme with those two artists but not sure if it’s obvious or not 😉

I love The Chronicles of Narnia, Pride and Prejudice and A Tale of Two Cities off the top of my head….what are some of yours?

Kathleen
              @kathleenramm
                • Total Posts: 635

@emily_d

Welcome back! It’s awesome to have you back!

I don’t know about you, but there is always this fresh sense of excitement when I get back into writing after a break.

Is there anything in particular you are excited about with getting back into writing?

Elanor
                @elanor

ah looks like it ate my first reply lol

@emily_d
                  What’s your novel about? Is it in the real world or fantasy or both? Are there cool creatures (hints at dragons and such creatures)?

Haha, my family puts everything on pizza. The usual pizza is cheese (several kinds), olives, pineapple, capers, anchovies, peppers, and some sort of meat with the occasional addition of fried bacon and onions. We either put tomatoes sauce or caesar dressing as the base sauce.

Do you just read poetry or write it? Well… I actually don’t really read poetry (unless you count the poems and epics that I read for English in school or the rhymes in kids’ books). So I’m not exactly sure where I picked it up. 😆 Yes I have published a couple here on KP. They are called “A Tree” and “A New Year” if you’re inclined to check them out.

Are you fond of animals? Is it green outside where you live right now? Everything is just turning green where I live.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Elanor
                  @elanor

@emily_d

What’s your book about if I may ask? 👀

You know I’ve never read much of anything in the way of poetry. The only poetry I’ve read is what I’ve been assigned for school in the past couple of years (well other than kids’ nursery rhymes ). So I’m not exactly sure how I picked it up. 😆 Yes, I have published a couple on KP. Here they are: https://kingdompen.org/a-tree-a-poem-by-lilly-tanis/https://kingdompen.org/a-new-year-a-poem/

Do you write any poetry or just read it? Are you fond of animals? My family had probably had every farm animal (except geese) in the past. Of which my favorites were the horses, dogs, sheep, and cats. But I developed quite the dislike for poultry… xD

Madelyn
                    @madelyn
                      • Total Posts: 115

@emily_d

Mmm, at this point probably a dark gold. It varies though 😉

Oh, I love CityAlight! What are some of your favorite songs from them? XD They’re both Australian, right? I haven’t listened to FK&C, but I have a friend who loves it.

Yesss, Narnia all the way! And Jane Austen! Have you read any other books by her?

Mm, Narnia of course, and The Lord of the Rings, The Wide Wide World, anything by Jane Austen, Sherlock Holmes, The Hidden Hand, The Count of Monte Cristo, and more! I have yet to try Charles Dickens, but A Tale of Two Cities is on my bucket list.

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Emily_D
                      @emily_d

@kathleenramm Yes~creating new worlds and seeing where the story leads!! How about for yourself??

@elanor
                        I’m not entirely sure how I would classify it. I would probably say more like historical fiction in a fantasy setting, but without the fantasy element… which probably makes no sense LOL I used to write poetry, but I haven’t written any for ages! I do read it sometimes. Tennyson is my favourite poet. 🙂 I published one on here a long time ago! And I will check yours out. Yes I love animals! I have a little fluffy dog called Max. Everything is turning green here after the start of the autumn rains–which also means mornings are getting colder!!! Hmm…Sense & Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Lady Susan, Emma and Persuasion. What’s your favourite?

@madelyn
                        Correct!! XD I love I Will Trust My Saviour Jesus, Only A Holy God, Jerusalem–the list goes on; what are your favourites from them?? And you should definitely check out FK&C if you’re ever inclined. If you like Aussie accents. A lot of Americans seem to. Maybe I shouldn’t speak too soon though! 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >