@gwyndalf-the-wise
Active 5 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 404
-
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Right. Someone I was talking to was like, “there always has to be a reason!” And I’m like, “uh, sinful nature.” Yes, this character has daddy issues, but I’m not going to reward him for his selfish attitude, I’m going to call him out for it and punish him in-story. Even a person with perfect parents and a loving environment i…
-
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh, like with the Peanuts?
XD No. It’s a Disney cartoon that has just two seasons. It has fun characters and a really well planned out story with a good ending.
It’s about two siblings, Dipper and Mabel, who go to their great uncle’s (gruncle’s) house for the summer. Their gruncle lives in Gravity Falls, a tiny town in Oregon where…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I meant hypothetically, if a girl was open to dating, those things wouldn’t push her away.
ok, yeah, you’re right.
I remember being confused when my old school friends had crushes on very annoying, trouble making boys in our class. -
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
YES, this. I’ve tried to explain this to some people and they don’t get it for some reason.
I think people tend to forget that humans are irrational. We don’t always do things that make sense. So writers try to rationalize their characters’ bad behavior by giving them tragic backstories.
(Maybe? Idk, just a theory)
-
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Like Gravity Falls! (Have you seen it? It’s the best) You never even see the parents’ faces.
I’ve always liked your characters, and I never knew anything about their past. They’re interesting enough without that 😉
Awww thanks :]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
I also like emphasizing in my stories the fact that people don’t need trauma or terrible tragedy in their lives in order to struggle with sin. Everyone has problems to overcome, even Average Joe with his calm, happy, suburban childhood.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes, that does make sense, thanks!
So when they they don’t have backstories, that just means they’ve led a normal, unremarkable life up until the start of the story, right?
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yay! That’s great! I took a nap yesterday and I remember hoping that you were resting too.
@rae @whaley
Ngl, I think you should be asking, what girl would not want to date him?
Uh, not me. Though he does have cool knives and a cute
dogdragon so I guess that’s a plus… -
Loopy replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
I have a question @anyone
Do characters actually need backstories?
I mean, I love writing them. Tragic backstories of course (in small doses), cheerful backstories with fun family dynamics… but I’ve realized that very few of my characters actually have backstories.
Eddie and Ellie, for example, the MCs of my Paper Stars story, have literally…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Who wants a Marvel AU? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
AKKKK GIRLIE YOU’RE REWRITING IT?!?! YAYYYYYY 😍😍😍😍😍😍
I LOVE IT SMM 🥰😍😍
All the babies oh my goodness 😭😭😭💔💔🥰😍
Eeeeek I love it 😭😭😍😍
GIRLLLL!!!
Your art is amazing!! 😍😍😍😍😍 I LOVE…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ah, makes sense. I’m not actually sure I’ve read that XD
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper Ack! That sounds awful. Hope you get plenty of rest and feel better soon!
-
Ava Blue posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
ello all 🙃
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I only have a few minutes in this world left, and I want you to have what’s in my pocket.”
😂😂😂😭
I wish I had old writing, I didn’t really write as a kid unfortunately, this is just hilarious though XD death scenes are kinda hard to get right though tbh.
Also… Villain Riker? 😳 not the baby!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
LOL I loved that XD did the cabinets to other worlds idea perhaps come from a narnia book? It feels really familiar lol
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I hate how toxic many of my fandoms are, too.
Ikr? It’s awful
Can you believe a lot of the Minecraft players?? Especially concerning the mob votes (which I think are really fun).
Yeah I feel really bad for the people trying tbh, nothing can be perfect and letting players choose a mob is far more freedom than most companies would…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 ehhh he’ll be interesting!
and when he inevitably dies, people will be like “awww but I was hoping for a good ending!”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings I hate how toxic many of my fandoms are, too.
Can you believe a lot of the Minecraft players?? Especially concerning the mob votes (which I think are really fun).
Also, I read a saying, “Nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans,” and I hate how true it is.
And as for Marvel, the less-than-stellar writing and supposed…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 awww that first one is sweet!
and the second two ideas?
Hey, I’d try it out, might be interesting!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@rae cool beans!
I love how I can see all this Star Wars stuff in your stories even though they have nothing to do with each other lol
Maybe it means I’ll like whatever you’ve written once it’s published!
- Load More

panicking trying to fix my account rn lol
Well look who’s finally out of kp hibernation
Fix?
it wont let me change it to something new and then it defaulted to a really really cringy mythical creature I drew when I was 12 😳
the pfp I mean
Well rn your pfp just looks like a happy lil Bossy marshmallow so I think it worked:3