@gwyndalf-the-wise
Active 5 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 404
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@theducktator haha you distilled my whole ranting story down to a few words. I also write because I love it. My characters aren’t just characters to me, even though I didn’t create most of them. It’s almost like my mind is the world they live in, and I’m just writing down what I see them do all the time (especially when I make up elaborate Lego…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you!! 😊😄
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@everyone
Ok guys, you have to check out this article.
It’s a guest post on @gracie-j ’s blog and it’s really good!! It kinda has to do with what we’re talking about… sort of… okay, I don’t know, but it’s really good anyway and y’all should read it! XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Right! You have similar themes, you just don’t press into the theme as directly.
Yeah, that’s a good way to put it.
Now I feel like I probably write more emotion than most of y’all here😂
Which is not a bad thing! You write them really well 😊 And I feel like your books, at least what I’ve read of them, focus m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Y’all have made some really good points!! I like hearing all your thoughts on this topic. I honestly feel like there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer to the topics of preachiness and theme. They differ for each genre, each story, each author, and each plan God has for the authors and the…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper I like the format, actually. It feels like spiraling, distracted thoughts. Probably wouldn’t work for many other characters other than Seb though lol
Eddie
Ellie locked eyes with Sebastian and stared, her face expressionless. Then she kept staring. And kept staring.
Eddie rolled her eyes. Ellie always did this whenever she was t…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Ahh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to stress you out at all! I just got excited because I love taking about philosophical stuff like this. This is why I typically try to keep my thoughts to myself, sorry
I didn’t feel attacked. I love hearing people’s opinions about this stuff. ❤️
-
Loopy replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Ok I’m jumping in here cuz this looks fun and my tiny brain is experiencing thoughts hi
@freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper
(i understand if you write just for fun, but if you’re actually wanting to write for God, this is something more along those lines…)
Ok, so, I don’t think there’s a difference between a Christian writing for fun and writing f…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! in the forum Music 2 years, 6 months ago
Heyy I love that song! We sang it in church today as a congregation. It was fun :]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h thanks!
hehe uhhh I was trying to respond to Whaley, but none of my posts were going through, so I just started goofing around. It’s from Alice Through the Looking Glass. I didn’t actually think that it would post 😅
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
forgive me for that bucket of nonsense, my brain is not working at 100%
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper Why I write?
Um….
Well, I was horrible at writing anything. Fiction, nonfiction, you name it. My parents gave me a notebook and a book of prompt when I was 8, and after much fussing, I eventually sat down and wrote a story from the perspective of an electric eel. Then I wrote another one. Then another one. Then another. They were…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@stephie oooh your scene sounds like we just got to the point where it’s really getting interesting.
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Mkay, sounds good
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic my star wars Fanfic in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 6 months ago
@evelyn-collins ooh, this is gettin’ good!
one little edit though–Emerie introduced herself twice??? maybe rework that scene so she doesn’t say her full name until Leo asks for it.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@princesachronicle22 probably not, I think we’re “restarting”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic KP Glitch Problems in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 6 months ago
@theducktator yeahhhh that’s probably what happened then.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin great art! and what’s the poem?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic KP Glitch Problems in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 6 months ago
@stephie egg mcmuffin lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic KP Glitch Problems in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 6 months ago
@theducktator what was it about?
- Load More
