-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
I love MG! That’s the age range I read most! I would assume this novel would be contemporary too?
What did/do you enjoy about your favorite MG novels?
Kids were allowed to be kids and have fun adventures outdoors, with minimal parental supervision. The MCs were independent, intelligent, and realistic. They’re more relatable than YA,…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 6 months ago
We are in our basement right now under a tornado warning. Prayers would be appreciated.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
Sorry, I don’t read Middle-grade fiction, so I won’t be much help
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Chase
Chase hesitated. “I-I…” he fell silent, shaking his head. “N-no i-dea. W-who’s Lo-Lo-is?”
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
Also, there’s a difference between the Chosen One trope and a For Such a Time mentality. I would love to see the true value of humanity, of the reader, addressed. That we are made with purpose and by intention. There is hope. God doesn’t waste His time making and loving children just to destroy them in Hell. This is why we cannot decide to be a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
GREAT point.
Why thank you. XD
Honestly, if you do want to write MG fiction (and I hope you do) I recommend doing some research into the psychology of 8-13 year olds. Not only will it help your writing, it will help you understand your readers, and your own memories. (On that note, try to remember what it was like to be a kid, not…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
-What did/do you enjoy about your favorite MG novels?
Humor. Slapstick sparingly and good wit whenever it’s needed.
I liked characters I could connect to (although considering my personality, I could empathize easily) I liked it when the suffering was real. Kids can be done of the most melodramatic people on the planet, but like Koshka said,…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 6 months ago
Supposed to get some more severe weather tonight. To be completely honest, I’m a little worried, even though we’ve never gotten a tornado in our neighborhood (even though we’ve lived here for 15+ years). It’d be great if the sirens didn’t go off at all and we didn’t have to go down to the basement (because then we don’t have to lose any sleep if…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Narrative of the Squirrels and the Ducks in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Ahh! Animal fantasy! I adore this stuff so much. Yes, one of my series is a bunch of wolves and foxes and possibly sea faring black footed sand cats all picking fights with one another. It’s great fun. XD
@raxforge
I definitely approve. We need more animal fantasy that isn’t down right weird. Squirrels are hilarious, and a secret kingdom…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Felicity
“…Yeah, like a sunset, I guess.” As she looked at Chase, her momentary wave of frustration faded away. She smiled.
“So, what’s your next class? Mine’s science. I’m still deciding if I want to go or skip and risk Lois’ disappointment.”
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
I definitely think you can either leave out any romance, or if you do mention the subject of boys and girls liking each other, do it in a way that is appropriate for the readers based on Biblical standards. I remember reading books when I was ten/eleven that gave me the idea that boy-girl relationships were normal at my age and that’s…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
No actual killing please
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 6 months ago
Thank you! This story needs to lot of work still…and I won’t be getting to writing it just yet since there are other things I have to do first, but I’m currently outlining it and working on character development!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Portals: When My Story Ate Me in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I have wanted to rant on Ranger brilliance for months. But sometimes we writers just have to rant to our pillows.
Lolol.
Great section!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
Um. Romance. I don’t mind adultsfalling in love and getting married in the background of a kid’s book. I don’t even really mind young teens liking each other, or decided that they will one day marry someone (Sarah and Janner, for instance). But really, kids today are under so much pressure to pair up, that they aren’t allowed to live the…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh, sounds fun! Middle grade is a great genre. I was just thinking the other day about how there needs to be more actually good books for tweens and kids. [I was helping my brother look for some books, and he’s pretty specific in what he likes, but I could barely think of any Christian books or ones that were completely wholesome (…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
*Literally comes out of nowhere*
MG!! My genre. Yes! We need more good MG fiction.
– What did/do you enjoy about your favorite MG novels?
Action, but not necessarily what you’d first think of. I wanted my heros to do something that mattered, even if it was sitting in a dark closet for hours, bravely taking hardship and fighting the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
– What did/do you enjoy about your favorite MG novels?
Mm, probably the general sense of wholesomeness. The stories weren’t deep by YA standards, as YA tends to be emotional and brooding. But the MG novels I enjoyed had, rather, a sense of appreciation for the good things in a kid’s life. And even if bad things were happening to the p…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
- Load More
