-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
There’s a character I’ve really got to kill, but I really don’t want to.

Contrary to popular writer tradition, I’m not just killing them off because it’s more emotional, it’s legitimately required for the plot to work. Pain.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Hey girl! Sorry I couldn’t chat last time :] I’m here now because I have a paper to write off and on tonight.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
You should be fine! I’ve heard that name in other books and projects. Unless it seems like a name with too much of a pop culture association (like Elvis or Hermione, or whatever), there’s no reason not to use it.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon
Ooops……..
………
*Starts playing taps for her own funeral*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Ugh. If any of y’all decide to write a “good twin/evil twin” trope (and I don’t care if it is well done or not at this pount) you will be getting a letter from me. I’ve been asked that stupid question a few too many times, as well as it’s frustrating cousin “who’s the mean/nice one?”. If one of y’all pick it up, prepare for Koshka to be severely…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Can’t say I loved the Anne of the Island triangle, but I definitely liked it better than what I see in modern stuff.
Evangelistic dating is dating/becoming romantically attached to a lost person with the hope that the relationship will lead them to God. Obviously, not a good udea to go into a relationship like that. It’s not h…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Fantasy Religions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
🙂
Yeah, that might help. And it might not. I personally haven’t gotten tags in months, but I often hop on when I have a free moment and
lurkpatrol around.It’s been a very chatty place recently. As evidenced by the fact that newer KeePers are bumbling about in the guise of Eccentric Mentors and Chosen Ones.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Scrivener Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Fabulous! That helps a lot. Thank you for imparting your wisdom. 🙂
I’ll probably look into getting it later this month.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Bwahaha! XD You did a great job capturing his personality in the aesthetic.
I saw the shofar/horn and satchel with scrolls and wondered if he served as a messenger, a fitting occupation for a wanderer. On a flip side, if the scrolls were scripture, I thought he might be connected to your world’s True Religion. Maybe friends with a…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
You are dead on with all of those!
You are right on most of those. He is curious, loves to whittle, is a wanderer, and can fight well.
What did you mean by a “messanger/somehow connected to the clerical/Levitical circle”?
Oh yes, he is a strategist. (Hence, he loves chess)
Yes! He is more of a found family…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
That is amazing!… But I don’t think you have to show me… with your tongue and all.
*Huntress snickers, Scout gives her an annoyed look*
Wow… That is funny that I asked that! Huh? Are they good parents?
Huntress: Our mother was pretty great, especially since it’s not just us and we have seven older brothers. Our father…..…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Vyette, what does a normal morning look like for you? Does your family allow you to make important decisions yet?
Barnes, what is your most embarrassing moment?
[Pauses, as if deciding to skip over a few things]
“I get angry when I’m embarrassed, and I was furious when my parents put me in the school district pageant. They wanted…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
So, what are the common abilities that most changelings get?
Huntress: Well, we’re able to modify the colors and patterns of our skin, but normally we just look like humans. There’s also a bunch of faint stripes on our bodies, that you can best see under a black light.
Scout: Normal Changelings also have forked tongues and…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy Religions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
*remembers I made this topic* I will respond within the next couple days!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
all righty I’m letting Huntress and Scout loose on these questions lol
they’re probably gonna fight more than answer the questions but whatever
1. What is your full name?
Huntress: Jaylen Rowan Willis-Mundy. [fun fact, I literally gave her a middle name solely for the sake of this. I picked a random female name that sounded cool.]
Scout:…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Vyette tosses her braids. “Why would anyone want a job if they could marry rich? I want to be the First Lady.”
Barnes, what is your most embarrassing moment? If it were raining tacos, would you eat them? (That last is my new favorite question. XD)
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
I like older love triangles, such as Roy, Gilbert, and Anne in Anne of the Island, or Rhett, Ashley, and Scarlett in Gone with the Wind. Modern ones drive me crazy.
evangelistic dating
What is that?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Celarent’s eyes grow huge. “I’d buy a red automobile! The rest I’d probably save to buy votes someday. Or maybe a house.”
Mel, who is the most annoying person you know? If it were raining tacos, would you eat them?
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Fantasy Religions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Oh, that’s a great article! Thank you for sharing. It gave me several ideas. (As did your article on false religions, which I read right after that one.)
Also, it’s so good to see you around here again!
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Well, everyone made theirs much less complicated than what I was thinking, so I’m glad I waited. lol. I think I basically agree with what the others have said. I do like a first person narrative, if it’s well done and really used to contribute to the texture of the story.
I also think that not every style that’s technically “wordy”…[Read more]
- Load More
