@felicity
Active 4 months, 1 week ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
Alright, so I finally got a chance to catch up again.
I actually don’t have too many comments on the latest 3 chapters as far as critiques go other than maybe Neveah’s part. I’m all for her having sudden resolve of vengeance, feeling intense emotions of anger and hatred, but it also felt perhaps a bit too sudden. Right now…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Shes worried about Hugo!💗 😍 🥹 This was such a good scene you wrote!!
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Sure 🙃
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you for explaining 😅 I’m not a science person, so I don’t have a good grasp on all that stuff. Thanks.
That’s alright, lol! This is very helpful actually, because I need to know how much my readers know, so I can explain things properly, and not annoy them with too much explanation at the same time.
I don’t find her t…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
You’re welcome!
There’s a lot of things I could say in reply, but I think the best thing to do would be spend a long time on worldbuilding. The more worldbuilding you do, the more will become clear, and the world will seem more real to the viewers. I know pantsing if fun, and you can totally do it, but it sounds like it might be…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
I can’t really think of anything right now, but I’ll definitely think it over and get back to you on it!
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Sounds good!! I love your style, btw. It’s fresh and unique. 😊
I don’t think it’s too clunky. There may be a few places where it could be made a little smoother, but I’m not sure how to fix that. 😅 If this is just your first or second draft, then I think it’s definitely fine how it is. 🙂
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Nice!
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I understand. Distractions do definitely come. I finished the poem post I’ve been working on since September 25th!
How’d your sprint go?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Right, like the internal resolution vs the outward resolution. Sooo, I sort of feel like Katrin doesn’t exactly have her own huge goal. It’s more she’s trying to survive and protect her brother, but I’ve lately realized that she also holds a grudge against the administrators for a few reasons, mostly just because of the living conditi…
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Starting at :00, going til about :40 if anyone wants to join. It’s been a while! How’s it going for you all?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 11 months ago
No problem, I love explaining my story to people! (And I have been wanting to read Dune for months now, is it any good?)
I can recommend the first book to anyone with the time, but it really depends on what you want after that. The first book is much more of a hero’s journey with clear good and evil, but after that, the books become…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree with Min and Jonas on everything they said. Resolve of the character will balance the unresolved political structure. However there’s still a lot of things you could do to end it differently. For one thing, most dystopias almost never talk about what happens after they take down the government. They need to reestablish…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
If you check out the link I posted earlier, I’ve added some more chapters. Tell me what you think! (Sorry if I’m bugging you by asking you to read EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER, but you seem to have an eye for problems and plot holes, so I really appreciate your advice. Feel free to tell me when it gets old, lol.)
I might have a cha…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, I’ve been offline for the past day or two.
Both look cool, but I like the second better. The first one was your profile pic before right? Maybe it goes against the design, but some color might help? You could just tint the gray parts blue or some other color.
Yeah, it was my profile picture for a while, it’s one of my favorite…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh and as long as the rest of your book is unique it’s alright to have a stereotypical ending. It’s when your book has a love triangle, America as a setting, and rebels taking down the government. If you can add one factor to really mix it up and make it something totally new, it won’t be considered stereotypical (Is it set in England for a…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof that’s a hard one XD
For a single novel, I think you do need a defining ending.
Something I have heard about in my research about plots is that there’s two separate goals your character has to reach. One of them is said and known about, such as defeating the government, the other is never mentioned but obvious to the reader.…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you so much!!
Lol go ahead and use it for a bit if you like! I’m not terribly attached because it was just a sketchy thing XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Aww it was cute!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 (Ok, awesome!) @grcr @rae @trailblazer @mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @acancello
Hedieh
As Hedieh twirled around the room with Amir, she couldn’t help but smile. This was so much fun. As the music slowly stopped, Hedieh sighed and let her hands fall to her sides. “You caught on pretty quickly.”
“That doesn’t mean it w…[Read more]
- Load More
