@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Ever thought about having one of these two convince their captor that they didn’t exist? My friends have always told me that is what I would do if I got in a fix, and honesty, I think it might work. Of course it would depend a lot on the captor.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m afraid my ideas for this are very vague and probably not much help, but hopefully they will spark some ideas.
First of all, what if the singing power came from some individual source which was in the course of things to be given to the mother, but the bad guy sought to keep her from obtaining it. He failed however somehow because the mother’s…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yeah, I was thinking about deleting that. I was mostly following Cobalt’s thought process and he would have worked the whole hobo thing for sympathy, so that’s why it’s there in the first place. But not everyone follows that sort of train of thought. 😛
@kate-flournoy No problem at all. 🙂 I totally get the whole big family busy-ness thing. 😛
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Haha, nice! XD Neither of those seems like things too far off Cobalt’s option list. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic My first fantasy novel in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Congratulations, Hannah! 😀
-
Hope Ann started the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m rewriting a fairy tale about Rapunzel and am trying to figure out her hair. I don’t have to have my retelling exactly like the original story, of course, and I fully intend to change some things and add twists of my own. However, I need to figure out something with Rapunzel’s hair, or to stand in for it. It’s unnatural for hair to grow as long…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I’ve sent a list of revisions to my designer. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
You know what @writefury, I would absolutely love that, but I can’t say I’ll have the time. :/
Let me know when you’ve finished it, and I’ll see if I can fit it in with my schedule.
Winter is usually an incredibly busy time for us as a family, what with plowing the steep driveway and ferrying our cabin guests up and down in our 4wheel drive.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… well @writefury, he would probably begin by telling whoever asked everything that his name was not. 😛 From there he would probably devolve into some convoluted explanation of why his name wasn’t important and how there are other things to worry about, and wind up with some completely random thought that would leave the questioner in such a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
@write furry, this is a great scene. I’m just wondering about this:
I’m sure the Viking guard would take an IOU. Even if not, he wouldn’t club a hobo
That part struck me as “Huh?”. The thing about the viking guard was humorous, but I just couldn’t think of any reason why the viking guard wouldn’t club a hobo when he would club anyone else. It…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic An Author's Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
To be serious for once, I would probably ask him what he thinks my biggest writing flaw is and how he would fix it.
-
Hope Ann started the topic Writers' Conferences in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone know of any good Christian Writer Conferences? I’d love to go to a Writers’ conference or retreat sometime but am not sure where to start looking.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
You’re welcome! 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it.
Just wondering, would you like to beta-read when I’m through combing out the end? -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Love it, @kate-flournoy! XD It is fun seeing how they’d approach different situations. Let’s see… what would Denholm do if he’s a wanted man by his given name and someone asks his name? (Cobalt pulled on a Scottish accent and said his name was Angus McCampbell.)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic An Author's Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I would ask my favourite author “how does she come up with such exciting and wonderful ideas to write about?”
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Wonderful topic here!
@kate-flournoy there are so many people I’d loved to known more about! Simeon and Anna are two and then there is Miriam, Dorcus, Stephan, and Phebe! I guess we’ll have to wait until we meet them later on!
The creation account. It sets the stage for the wonderful “play” of God’s glorious plan of redeeming and sanctifying…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic An Author's Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Opps! I should have mentioned that you’re allowed to use a time machine!
Otherwise, that’s some mighty powerful lotion! (At last, someone reveals the great secret usage of coconut, clam powder rub :))Ummmmm…. what to ask???
“What’s the greatest thing you’ve learned as a writer?”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury, I’m going for the rewrite thing. I’ll have to do some research for this, but I want to do ALAP (as little as possible).
@kate-flournoy, I’m not perfectly confident in myself, but I’m sure I’ll succeed. I tend to be optimistic about what I’ll do and optimistic about what I’ve done. But then I think to myself that I might not really be…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like Sagas of Light and Epics of Light, but I’m afraid my novellas aren’t really long enough to qualify…
I might just stick with Legends of Light because that’s stayed my favorite so far.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
You know this is really funny, @writefury, but because your Cobalt and my Denholm are similar personalities I find myself comparing how one would act in a certain situation to how the other would act. I’m beginning to find distinctions— Denholm in this situation would probably not have tried the whiny approach (I absolutely love the way Cobalt…[Read more]
- Load More
