@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
YES. Bingo. Perfect. That is one hundred percent what I’m talking about @Daeus.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Very good points @kate-flournoy
I love that term, “The inside joke technique” That should be official terminology. It’s a wonderful trick. I do it sometimes, but I should really do it a lot more. It’s profoundly dickinsonian, but it doesn’t have to be plagiarism. I think it can be done in fewer words then he used but greater power.
Now here’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
*screams* @Daeus WHAT!?!?
😉 😉 😉 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @Daeus! Totally! The only thing is, you have to watch out for redundant flow:
He raked his fingers nervously through his hair. “So, this is just like the first one, only more complicated?”
She nodded. “Yup.”
He exhaled loudly. “Right.”
Her lips twisted in a little smile. “You okay?”
He swallowed. “Yeah. Yeah, just great, thanks.”See, it’s…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, splendid idea.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
@christi-eaton Where did you get the link from?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene critique (hi, it's me again) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus aw man, in that case I should have pounded it completely off and then asked you how it felt! 😛 *starts looking around for gavel* Now where did I put that thing? 😉
Love it, @writefury! Love it love it love it! I agree with Daeus— that one line
There. I can’t even see it anymore. I’ll be fine.
is awesome. And you’re right— tha…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer Absolutely. *passes stamp of approval through the interwebs* 😀
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer Absolutely. *passes stamp of approval through the interwebs*
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer *stamps responses with seal of approval* Honestly, so long as you get the thing to me in some way-shape-or-form, it’s all good. I’m usually pretty nice. ;P
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer YASSSSSSSSSSSS! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
Wow, yeah that really is amazing! I guess you both really like animals, huh?
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay
Wow! Your sister is very gifted! Her artwork is amazing! Looks like she’s had some awesome opportunities to use her talent as well! 🙂 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
And a couple of superhero sidekicks. One who can teleport short-range and one who is basically a human magnet. Neither can control their powers very well. (There turns out to be a LOT more to the teleporting kid’s powers… but… yeah. That would take forever to explain and it would probably end up sounding stupid anyway.
With your…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Or a dragon who has to save the prince from the princess.
@hope Ooo that’s an even more interesting combination! I like it!
Ha, that’s funny cause I’m actually writing something like that right now only the dragon does a terrible job of saving the knight (a frog does it instead) and I’m using and evil Rapunzel instead of a princ…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer Just confirming what Daeus said. Attach the beautiful picture of yourself and you can include the bio in the body of the email. Sorry for the delayed reply!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
Success! I need to go celebrate. Where’s a fifty gallon tub of ice cream?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, wow! It worked. So you can use the link to a Facebook image too. Let me try twitter.

-
Daeus replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
To post images, I believe need to have a link to the image (at least I know of no other way). click the “img” button and insert the link for the image and then click ok. You now have an image. The only way I know to get a link for an image is to upload it to your media file on a wordpress site. You can then click on the image in…[Read more]
- Load More
