Tales Untold

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield
      • Total Posts: 405

I was thinking yesterday about all the stories I came up with that never got written and probably never will be written. 🙂 The poor characters, no one will ever hear about them.
      Some of them are kind of crazy and some were made up on that day when I had to write something but my latest WIP is beyond complicated so I needed something light and fluffy to make me laugh.
      So here’s a place to have fun and share some of your untold stories. Who knows? Maybe your idea will be a smashing inspiration for your fellow writers. (please mention whether your idea is copyrighted or not :p )
      Here are some of mine… (they are not copyrighted as of yet 🙂

A story about royal twins that were given a pair of golden shoes when they were born, but were separated within their first year of life. Later they find each other and prove their “siblingship” by the gold shoes they each own. (don’t ask me how one walks about in shoes made of gold)

A story about a villain who wanted to ruin the king’s life and his cronies, were two apes.

A story about a prince who is so particular about wearing the perfect fabric that he mainly wears the same clothes day in and day out for nothing else could feel quite right. Until he meets a village girl who can spin fabric smoother than silk.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Haha… lovely topic @rolena-hatfield. I don’t know that I have any just rolling-on-the-floor-laughing hilarious, but one I had that is probably copyrighted 😉 is a world where everyone is born with a particular gemstone that belongs to them, and the properties of that gemstone leak over into the person’s personality. For instance, if your stone was diamond you’d be very strong and patient and enduring. Ruby— fiery and talkative and full of joy. Sapphire— retiring but beautiful; emerald, cheerful and strong but prone to flaws and weaknesses. Pearls would probably all be villains— a beautiful exterior covering a grain of nasty, gritty dirt. 😛
        I thought it was a cool concept, though as of right now I don’t have an actual story to go with the world, so it may never pan out. 😉

Greta
        @gretald
          • Total Posts: 450

@rolena-hatfield, My siblings and I make up lots of “games,” where we play the characters in the story. One of these “games” was about prince and princess siblings, who lived locked up in a room in their own castle. Their parents (the king and the queen) had gone on a trip, and the siblings had been receiving letters from the parents. One day, the letters stopped coming. The siblings were left with only their servants and their uncle (who are the villains) to take care of them. Of course, they try to run away, etc., etc. Since this was a game, we had to keep the story interesting. Yes, this story idea is copyrighted. 😉 😛
          The story for one of my WIP’s actually started as a “game,” as well. Oddly enough, my other WIP story idea started from a dream I had… 🙂
          I could list other stories, but I’d probably bore you. 😉

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield

@kate-flournoy A pearl for the villains. I wasn’t quite expecting that. Then I thought “that’s a good idea”. Just imagine a couple who’s first child is born with a pearl. What would they do? Hide him till he grew up and they could hide him and his gem no longer? I won’t tell you to write it now cause I know how it is to be working hard on my latest WIP and then someone tells me to write another story. But I will say that it should be written. In the future. Maybe near future 😛

@gretald
            Aww that sounds like so much fun! My siblings and friends and I use to do the same thing. Make up really creative stories to act out. I think that’s what started my creativity for writing dramatic stories.
            Your game sounds like a story I tried to write. It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne. Haha! I’ve had created stories from dreams too!!!

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

Yes @rolena-hatfield, that would be awesome… man… thanks a lot, I so did not need that idea! 😛 Another villain idea for that gem-oriented world would be to have a class of people called ‘hornfels’— a hornfel is what you call a mineral so weathered and beaten that the mineral becomes extremely hard. 😉 Yes, I know; that was a rather obscure term to spring on you all of a sudden. 😀

Yes! I’ve had story ideas from dreams too! One (copyrighted!) is that I discovered a plot to assassinate the president and I couldn’t do anything about it— no one would listen to me. It was awful— the day of the assassination arrived and I still hadn’t got anyone to listen, so I ended up just putting my hand over the mouth of the gun the second it was shot. I saved the president… I think… 😛 but my hand was so damaged I couldn’t paint or type or write letters or do calligraphy or play the harp anymore. It was dreadful. 😛

BlueJay
              @bluejay
                • Total Posts: 1622

It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne

Is this copyright @rolena-hatfield?

@kate-flournoy
                . That’s dreadful… *cries tears of sympathy*

Rolena Hatfield
                @rolena-hatfield

@bluejay haha! I’ll not copyright it! Besides, even if we all wrote a story from the same idea, they would all turn out so different it would be incredible 🙂

And I just found this written on a piece of paper I keep in my little stack of papers of stories I never wrote…

Once there was a tale of an old ship which sunk and over time the sea evaporated.

Rolena Hatfield
                  @rolena-hatfield

@kate-flournoy
                    That would be an awful dream!!! How sad and horrible! I have to admit though I laughed only because I managed to read the story wrong and so thought that you had put your “mouth” over the “hand” of the gun instead of vice versa. It made for a humorous picture see, with your mouth over the gun and then you saying “I saved the president… I think”

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@rolena-hatfield Thank you. I’ll see if anything comes of it. 🙂

I once had a story idea about a boy whose father leaves to head to the other side of the mountain to become king. He leaves his wife and son behind. The boy goes after him. Along the way he makes friends with a wolf (who is the main character, he’s the narrator) and ends up saving the boy in a mad battle with an insane bird. The boy finds his father and discovers that the castle was a mess, which is why he left without his family. Don’t ask me why he didn’t tell his family. The family move in a live happily ever after.

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd
                        • Total Posts: 830

@rolena-hatfield
                        Oddly enough, a lot of my story ideas come from dreams that I have regularly…this being the case, I can not possibly write every single story this strange mind of mine creates. :p I had a dream once about a boy at an orphanage. From what I remember, the building exploded; the boy, another boy, and a girl were the only survivors of the explosion. I don’t remember what happened next except that I think a scientist wanted the first boy for an experiment (That’s a little morbid…) Anyway, I’ll stop talking… 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Rolena Hatfield
                        @rolena-hatfield

@ingridrd Oh please keep talking! Thanks for jumping in and sharing! That is a scary dream though. Aren’t dreams weird. Especially the vivid ones. Oh my, I just remembered a dream I had that I thought would make a fantastic story! A young woman had just married a man and they had moved out west, but he was unjustly accused of some horrendous crime and thrown in prison until he could be put on trial. Well over the time he was in prison, their first child was born and his wife refused to name her until her husband was out of prison. Well then he was sentenced to death, so as she fell on the floor crying she named her child something like Justice… hmmmm… it was an odd dream.

Ooo and @kate-flournoy I hope you won’t be too upset with me 🙂 but I found this story idea and I thought Kate is the person who should write this. Story prompt: A dragon who saves the princess from the knight.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@Rolena-hatfield that is lovely! Oh boy, I may take you up on that one… *rubs hands delightedly* Oh, that would be so fun… 😀

Greta
                            @gretald
                              • Total Posts: 450

Your game sounds like a story I tried to write. It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne.

@rolena-hatfield
                              , Ooo, that’s a great story idea! 🙂 That would be hilarious. I can imagine all the princesses fighting over the prince…XD 😛

Yes! I’ve had story ideas from dreams too! One (copyrighted!) is that I discovered a plot to assassinate the president and I couldn’t do anything about it— no one would listen to me.

@kate-flournoy
                              , That would make a thrilling story–but I’m sure was a terrifying dream! And by the way, Kate, I love your gem-stone idea. 🙂

Adry_Grace
                              @adry_grace
                                • Total Posts: 169

One of my greatest (or worst depending on who you ask) untold story was my first and last idea for a romance of sorts which came to me when I was probably 12. I had made up this curse which made a person completely unable to love. The only one way break the curse was to kill whomever they had loved most before the curse was cast upon them or whatever the term is. My ‘brilliant’ catch was the minute the deed had been carried out the curse was broken they looked down at their victim and saw what they had done and well… you get the idea. I had an entire cast of characters and a plot twist and everything… but the story never made it out of my brainstorm notes on my phone where it remains to this day. Characters undeveloped, plot still untwisted, curse remaining unbroken. It kinda haunts me. Haha.

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

@rolena-hatfield
                                  I know, right? Dreams are just odd…I’ve played hide and seek with polar bears and been slashed through the arm. (Okay, maybe mine are even stranger than everyone’s. *shakes head mournfully* *walks away weeping*) Anyway, stories. Well, I had to write a take-off on The Princess and the Pea, and it got very interesting. It was for this beginner writing thing a long time ago, and I just kept writing and writing and writing. My mom actually had to tell me to stop! (I must have already caught the Writing Bug. It’s very contagious.) 🙂 🙂 🙂 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >