Question About Submissions and Sharing

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Question About Submissions and Sharing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mallory O’Bier
    @overcomer
      • Total Posts: 550

Is content shared here on the forum rendered unusable for submissions to the site of the same?

Does anyone know? Thanks!

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Well @overcomer, @spradlin posted one of her poems here for critique, and later submitted it to KP right here.

She’s the secretary— she would know the rules. So as far as I can tell, it’s perfectly fine! 😀

Sarah Spradlin
        @spradlin
          • Total Posts: 189

Tis true! Thanks for your help Kate. 🙂 @overcomer, As far as I know, that is perfectly fine! And if it isn’t officially fine then we can just be rule breakers together 😉

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Mallory O’Bier
          @overcomer

Thanks, @spradlin , (excuse me while I get some sand out of my ear. I just spent the afternoon at the beach. Isn’t Spring great?) and @kate-flournoy ! That is reassuring.

Now I’m also wondering if posting our content here to share with each other could be considered a prior publication (disqualifier) for other sites’ contests etc. I wouldn’t think so, would you?

I’m attempting to write a short story for a contest, and I might post it on here for a critique or something.

Sarah Spradlin
            @spradlin

Definitely a little envious! My spring break is in the past now. Just gotta make it to summer. *fails at self motivation* xD

Here’s a sneaky-ish way around that: post it, get the critiques, and then edit your post to remove the story once you’re done getting critiques. 🙂

You should definitely post it here! I for one would love to read it and there are lots of other lovely folks around here who would read it as well. 😉

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Gosh, @spradlin, how devious!!! 😛 😉

I would love it if you’d post it here, @overcomer. 😀 Seriously.

Sarah Spradlin
                @spradlin

@kate-flournoy Much sneaky. Very devious. Don’t tell Reagan. 😛 😀

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

I shall remain silent. *zips lips* 😉

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

:O Sarah!!! So this is the kind of friend that I’m emailing with?!? *Faints* 😛

@overcomer
                      I do love the beach. You make me wish for summer all again. We are into our first month of autumn and heading for winter. 🙁 (And my birthday 🙂 )

@kate-flournoy
                      A wise move. I shall endeavour to do the same.

Sarah Spradlin
                      @spradlin

@bluejay– DARN! MY COVER’S BEEN BLOWN!

@overcomer
                        – So, basically, when you post this thing, tag the three of us in your post and we’ll get you started on the critiques. 🙂

Mallory O’Bier
                        @overcomer

Thanks, will do! If I ever get it done, you will be one of the first to know:) @spradlin
                          In the meantime, if you want to see something I’ve written, you can check out a poem I posted under “Poetry” in a thread entitled something along the lines of, “Help! I have a nameless poem!”

Or you could wait to read it if Kingdom Pen publishes it when it’s done. (Trust me, it will be better then;)

Sarah Spradlin
                          @spradlin

Excellent! I shall go and scope it out. I’m always on board with poetry!

Reagan Ramm
                            @reaganramm
                              • Total Posts: 110

I think I can put all of this debate to rest and say yes, you are allowed to post your writings here before submitting them for publication on the main site. In fact, this is encouraged! Write your story or poem or what have you, get some feedback, fix it up, and then email it to us!

Posting your works-in-progress on the forum is not considered to be prior publication. 🙂 So post away, and submit away!

My Music:
                              AndromedaCoastMusic.com

Learn Music Production:
                              OrpheusAudioAcademy.com

Mallory O’Bier
                              @overcomer

Thanks, @reaganramm ! (You won’t regret this;)

Mallory O’Bier
                                @overcomer

I have another question, @reaganramm . I feel like I’ve asked this before, but I don’t remember. Do I include my bio with a submission as an attachment or within the body of the email itself?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >