@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Reagan Ramm started the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
If you could have any course on fiction writing, what kind of course would it be?
Would you like a course on:
Dialog, World-Building, How to write a novel, etc. What kind of course would you most like to have/would benefit the most from?
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ll probably write-in Rand Paul.
-
Greta replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Christi-Eaton Hahaha, that’s hilarious!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd Well, they don’t always have to be cliffhangers. I’ve notice with trilogies that, quite often, the first book ends fairly well. You know there is more to come, but it ends with the main point concluded. The second book ends in a cliffhanger and the third book completes it.
-
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Christi-Eaton That sounds like a neat experience! Whose campaigns have you helped with? Just curious, have you ever heard of TeenPact? Generation Joshua sounds a lot like TeenPact.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hahaha @spradlin I totally didn’t mind. 😀
There’s not much to build on this, actually— it’s a fact, not a technique, so it can’t really be discussed. 😛And what exactly does your ‘weak’ analogy mean? I’m not quite sure I get it…
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I 100% apologize for hijacking this post that was originally very relevant and scholarly. But, maybe like characters drive the plot, people drive the thread? *weakly submits weak analogy*
@christi-eaton I can neither confirm nor deny your allegations. 😛 😀
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Y’know, I could just be repeated putting two thumbs up. #foodforthought #oricouldhavemorethantwo #theworldmayneverknow. 😀 @gretald
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
A writer is by nature a dreamer—a conscious dreamer.
~Carson McCullers -
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I don’t have much experience with this but I know that any book that isn’t the last book in a series should have a cliff-hanger ending to make the reader want to read the next book. (That’s sort of a “duh.”) For the last book in a series, I know the writing just needs to have a finished feel too it. Maybe not too finished; the reader should still…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I don’t have much experience with this but I know that any book that isn’t the last book in a series should have a cliff-hanger ending to make the reader want to read the next book. (That’s sort of a “duh.”) For the last book in a series, I know the writing just needs to have a finished feel too it. Maybe not too finished; the reader should…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Christi-Eaton No, I’ve never heard of it. What’s Generation Joshua?
-
Greta replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic I’m kind of glad that I can’t vote for anyone, since I’m not old enough yet. Right now, I honestly don’t know who I’d vote for: Hillary, who’s clearly been caught in lies before, or Trump, who, if we’re all honest, doesn’t have a clue what being a president entails and would be horrible at foreign relations and could…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Endings are always the hardest for me to write. Not necessarily picking where to end something, but the last paragraph…the last line, that’s hard. Any tips, everyone? Anyone?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd What other movie has such great quotes? 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Except…let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Is that a Princess Bride reference???
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic I’d rather have Hillary than Trump, not because she’s better but because she’s a democrat and at least wouldn’t be a blight to the republican party. I’ll either write Cruz in or vote Constitutional or Libertarian, none of which will get elected, but it will at least be a statement and might help a good third party get some…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Don’t worry @kate-flournoy, I have an unlimited virtual stack.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
GET ME THAT BOOK
*cringe* Make sure you have a good stock of cookies on hand, @Daeus, cuz I have a feeling it’s not going to be ready for at least a few months yet.
Another thing about ends, guys, is that the best stories never truly end. There may come a point where you cease to be a part of their story, but their stories never actually stop.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Next Four Years in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic good question Sarah. I’m not old enough to vote, but if I were, I wouldn’t vote at all. I don’t really buy the argument that no vote is a vote for someone else, and the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Ultimately, I’m judged by God, not the Republican party (or what’s left of it) and I’d rather take human pressure now than…[Read more] - Load More
