@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose the author is Dorothy Sayers. You might be able to find it online. I found it in a collection of short stories. Okay, while I’m on the topic of short stories I have to ask: has anybody read “The Ransom of Red Chief” by O. Henry? It’s probably my favorite short story of all time.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Great topic @His-Instrument! I haven’t read John in a while, but I do remember he did a great job of sticking to his ‘theme’— Jesus as the Son of God. All the ‘proof’, if you will, of Christ being the Messiah. John chose the stories (plot threads 😀 ) that illustrated and played into his chosen theme, though he acknowledged that there was so…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi @corissa-maiden-of-praise ! I tend to be a little late in joining conversations but I nevertheless extend to you my welcome. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!
I happened to notice that you titled your introduction “Greetings and Salutations”, which happens to be the same title I used when I first arrived at KP. So you’re not alone.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, has anyone ever had a little sibling say something completely obvious yet hilariously funny at the same time? Last night we were reading about Jacob and Esau, and tonight Mom asked the little ones if they remembered what the brothers had been fighting over. Without missing a blink, and totally serious, five-year-old Samantha replied ‘Soup’.
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ll be gone for 4 days. So unfortunately I won’t be able to write and join in the conversations. I’ll miss you, but I’ll be back.
@clairec; @anna-brie; @daeus; @kate-flournoy; @winter-rose; @jess; @anyone -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Variation for Capture the Flag ideas? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
Or maybe fight with real weapons…like in Percy Jackson? They have some pretty intense games of capture the flag there. @Jada-morrison’s idea is good too. Perhaps they have to capture a person. Or perhaps one team member on the opposite is a spy and no one on either side know who it is so everyone is sending out spies and making alliances. And…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago

@sarah-h I hope this will work. This is the kind of country that is around where I live
*clicks submit* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument YES! Come to Australia. 🙂
When it’s summer we can get 40C days. About 100F. That is the extreme for us. We may go a degree or two over, but I don’t remember any days much, much hotter. However, I do like the heat, so maybe I wouldn’t notice. In winter, it is temperamental. We can have beautiful 20C days and then drop to -5C the…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument No, I didn’t know. I look forward to it. 🙂 I love How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2.
Well, it might be a bit of a long wait. My Mum reads through my stories when they are done, and she has a rather long list to go through with King Wilfred the Hero on the bottom. 😉 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument No, I didn’t know. I look forward to it. 🙂 I love How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2.
Well, it might be a bit. My Mum does reads through my stories when they are done, and she has a rather long list to go through with King Wilfred the Hero on the bottom. 😉 -
Hannah R. replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow @bluejay, now I want to go to Australia! I used to be really into birds (to the point where I said I wanted to be a professional ornithologist), but I never saw that kind before. Ohio has some pretty neat birds, but their tails are all short. 🙂
What is the general climate of your section of the globe? Ohio is going through its hot and humid…[Read more] -
Hannah R. started the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
The Book of John is probably my favorite book in the Bible. Every time I read it I notice something new. But what strikes me every time is that, from a strictly literary point of view, it is extremely well-written. So I’m wondering if anyone wants to do a literary study of the Book of John with me. I’m going to start reading it next Monday (August…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I dare you to write about a villain who communicates his evil plans through paintings and the hairdresser who stops him.
@winter-rose have you ever read the short story “The Inspiration of Mr. Budd”? It’s about a hairdresser who catches a murderer. Highly recommended.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I used this dare and wrote a 5,614 word story. Thanks so much.
I’m glad you were able to use the dare! Now I want to read the story 🙂
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Great profile pic! 🙂 Did you know they’re working on a How to Train Your Dragon 3?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC I some how didn’t post, but I joined sometime ago.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC I’ve just joined you.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-brie & @clairec I won’t be writing any more today. Too tired to concentrate.
And @clairec Yes, I was. 🙂 -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess & @winter-rose I’m stopping early. Bit too tired to write anymore today.
- Load More

I’m back. But I guess you figured that. 🙂