Where do you live?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@his-instrument YES! Come to Australia. 🙂
      When it’s summer we can get 40C days. About 100F. That is the extreme for us. We may go a degree or two over, but I don’t remember any days much, much hotter. However, I do like the heat, so maybe I wouldn’t notice. In winter, it is temperamental. We can have beautiful 20C days and then drop to -5C the next. Weird. We had snow flurries on my birthday and then we actually got a dumping of snow a week or so later. About 3-4inches, which was lovely. 🙂

BlueJay
      @bluejay

View

@sarah-h
        I hope this will work. This is the kind of country that is around where I live
        *clicks submit*

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h
          • Total Posts: 669

@bluejay – Ooh, thanks for the picture! I like how hilly it is. And grassy. We don’t see much grass here in Phoenix. Is it springtime for you yet, or is it still winter over there?

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@bluejay
            What is the most dangerous animal/creature where you live in Australia?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

BlueJay
            @bluejay

@dragon-snapper
              Well, for where I live, the most dangerous animal we get is the Tiger snake. I think it is third on the list of poisoness snakes.
              In Australia it is the Taipan snake and the Mulga snake. I’ve never seen any in the wild. Thankfully!!!!!!!!!

Lightningmouse
              @lightningmouse
                • Total Posts: 39

Well IDK if anyone’s even interested what with Australia and all XP, but I live in PA USA.

BlueJay
                @bluejay

@lightningmouse The Americans might not be interested, but the Aussie is. What’s it like where you live???

Lightningmouse
                  @lightningmouse
                    • Total Posts: 39

@lightningmouse The Americans might not be interested, but the Aussie is. What’s it like where you live???

XD

It’s a kinda strange mix of hills, woods, and suburb. I live in the eastern part, right at the edge of the megatropolis (it can be called that, at least from what I’ve read, because of the constant collection of very close towns going from New York to Washington D.C.). It’s pretty cool. And just to the southwest we have farmland.

BlueJay
                    @bluejay

XD

Ah, so you have a bit of everything. That’s awesome. We live twenty minutes from town, but we head in every week, so that’s nice. It’s weird, even though I’ve grown up in the country, I feel I’m more like a town girl. Maybe I’m only saying that because I don’t live there.

Anna Brie
                      @anna-brie
                        • Total Posts: 312

Well, I call my self a country girl, but I’m not by any means a farm girl. I’m probably spoilt. I’d hate living in a city or even a town, but I’m nana animal person, and our house is very comfortable. But I can build, so that’s one thing.

We live 25 or so minutes from the edge of a city,so There’s all those conveniences.

Hannah R.
                        @his-instrument
                          • Total Posts: 229

@lightningmouse I like PA. I’ve been to Gettysburg, Lancaster, and Pittsburgh. I love Sight and Sound and Gettysburg.
                          I live in Ohio, where there are a lot of trees, a lot of grass, and a lot of houses. I’m in a suburb, but we’ve got a bunch of trees in our backyard, so I get to see all kinds of birds, the occasional deer, skunks (regularly), groundhogs, raccoons, foxes, mice, moles, etcetera. We have a nice mix of city-ish and country-ish and foresty in my part of the world, and we experience all four seasons very strongly, so that’s nice. What are Aussie seasons like, @bluejay? I mean, do you have a spring and autumn? Do you have leaves of many colors? What month does your winter fall in?

YA Fantasy Writer
                          Obsessive Character Namer
                          Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h
                            • Total Posts: 669

@bluejay So, right now, Americans are gearing up for the one holiday that I truly hate: Halloween. This morning I was at the store, cringing at all the holiday decorations, and I wondered, are your holidays different than ours? I’m guessing that Australians celebrate Christmas and Easter. Our three other major holidays are Fourth of July, Halloween and Thanksgiving. What are yours?

Anna Brie
                            @anna-brie
                              • Total Posts: 312

@Sarah-H, people have been trying hard for a while to bring Holloween in over here. I don’t think it’s much of a thing yet, but I certainly don’t like shopping so much in the couple of weeks before.
                              We don’t have any really big holidays apart from Christmas and Easter, but there are a couple. Australia Day id the anniversary of the First Fleet landing and is often celebrated by having a barbecue or picnic and certainly putting up a flag if you have one. Our family doesn’t usually do much, though Dad and some of my brother have gone and spent the night before on our highest mountain. (It’s summer)
                              And then there is ANZAC Day which is kind of like Veterans day. The Anzacs were the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. We have special memorial service and a marching procession and military fly overs.
                              if I’ve forgotten something important, @Bluejay can tell you about it.

Greta
                              @gretald
                                • Total Posts: 450

@anna-brie
                                Wow, cool! It’s always fascinating to hear about holidays in other countries. 🙂

BlueJay
                                @bluejay

@his-instrument Yes we have spring and autumn. Winter falls in the months of June, July and August. We are expecting snow down to very low levels on Monday. (Your Sunday)

@sarah-h
                                  I HATE Halloween too. We (my family) don’t celebrate Christmas or Easter. @anna-brie I think Halloween is rather a big thing in Victoria.
                                  Yes, Australia Day is a big thing too. We have a BBQ at our hall near by and play cricket and talk to people and sing our national anthem.
                                  When it is your Thanksgiving Day, I will be singing at a concert. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 249 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >