@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ok. Thanks for the notice @kate-flournoy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus I won’t be doing it tonight. Good luck.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else I’m finally here and going till nine.
-
Greta replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Julia-R
My grandparents live in Michigan, and my mom and dad went to Mackinac Island for their anniversary one year (I’m @ingridrd‘s sister 😉 ). I personally have never been there, but I’d love to go sometime. 🙂
Awesome choices for Disney characters! Rey and Rapunzel are both great characters.
Ooo, I love watercolor and acrylics, too! I’m…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Luke-C
It’s nice to meet you. 🙂 That’s cool that you’re into science and engineering. I’m not much good with either. 😛 Action and adventure stories are awesome!
Anyway, welcome to Kingdom Pen! -
Julia R. started the topic Need Ideas for Fantasy Names (countries, people, etc.) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I’m trying to write a book and can never think of a unique name for my country/kingdoms in my stories. Everything I think of either sounds like the name of a Lord of the Rings character or a planet from Star Wars. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, or useful websites?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Howdy yourself, @Luke-C! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
And any writing is better than no writing. You’ve laid the foundation; that’s always a start. 😀
Looking forward to seeing you around. -
Julia R. posted an update 10 years ago
@gretald: I decided to take your dare! Working on what started as a short story and will end up being halfway between a short story and a novel. I forget what you call that. A novella, maybe?
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-swiftblade: I love your profile picture! I love the Witch of Blackbird Pond as well! I haven’t been able to get my hands on To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but it has come highly recommended. Who wrote it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus there is nothing quite as satisfying as realizing you’ve really helped someone. 😀
No. You didn’t miss a thing. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Sarah-H
The First Fleet was, well the First Fleet. About a thousand people on 11 ships came out from England to found the colony that was the first European settlement in Australia.We actually do have some some public holidays for things like the Queens birthday, or a show day. They’re basically days most people don’t go to work. Nothing very…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum 10 years ago
Hi everyone,
While we’re all dying, I thought it would be a good idea for me to share with you a couple lessons that I learned from a recent revision to my WIP. There are three main lessons I learned that I think anyone can benefit from.
First, I learned the key to writing good omniscient point of view. For those of you unfamiliar with the…[Read more]
-
Julia R. posted an update 10 years ago
@dancefree7: Hey, I heard you are a dancer, too! Seeing as you live in Mississippi, I assume you’ve heard of, seen, or attended Ballet Magnificat? I have several friends who have been to the Summer Dance Intensive and I would love to attend myself! I belong to a Christian dance company.
-
Hi Julia! I’m so sorry I haven’t replied to you; all my email notifications about comments were going to spam… AGGGHHH…. Haha; anyway, yes, I have attended the Summer Dance Intensive, and it is amazing! I highly recommend it. I see that you’re from Ohio; I didn’t meet anyone from Ohio while I was there, but in my counselor group there were…[Read more]
-
-
Julia R.'s profile was updated 10 years ago
-
Julia R. and
Daeus are now friends 10 years ago -
Julia R. replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Christi-eaton: I’d love to see your work! I’m not the best at shading but I’m pretty good at copying pictures. I’ll have to post a few of my paintings and sketches. As far as Disneland food goes, have you ever had a Dole Whip from the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland? According to the Internet, they are amazing.
@kate-flournoy: I love fantasy,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Wow, I am way late! WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE KINGDOM PEN @JULIA-R!!
And… pretty much everything’s been said. 😛 The one piece of advice I can give you as far as discipline goes, is make yourself a writing time and stick to it. I write in the evenings from seven to nine, and all day Saturdays. There’s an awesome thread on this…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Welcome, @julia-r! It’s awesome that you like to draw and paint. Me too! My parents went to Mackinac Island for their 20 year anniversary last year. I’ve heard it’s beautiful. 🙂 Anyway, hi!
@christi-eaton Yeah, the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland is one of the best. 😉
-
Julia R. and
Christine Eaton are now friends 10 years ago -
Julia R. and
Ingrid are now friends 10 years ago - Load More
