-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I definitely think you should write it 😀
I would say the difference between an adaption and a retelling is quite loose. But I think that you can see the difference in two versions of Sherlock Holmes. If you look at Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock movies, they tend to have the same plot as the stories and they’re based on and it doesn’t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Luckily, I had recorded it when I was practising, so I was able to make a transcript.
Thanks for praying, I have to go now 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and I’m doing Romans 5:1-5 and talking about hope! Using books, of course, as illustrations.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
It’s annoying, but kind of funny at the same time. I’d just remarked to my little sister a little while before hand that the most romantic meetcute I could think of would be a girl getting her notes blown away and then gallantly collected by a gentleman. whereupon she would be so grateful she would fall in love…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Well, you remember how I’m doing a talk for my youth group tonight? Well, I had two handwritten copies of my notes and I was copying it out so that I could actually read it (because my handwriting is super terrible). Unfortunately, with the exception of notes numbers 1 and 2, the rest have blown away upon the autumn winds.
Which…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Are you around yet?? I’m in need of emotional encouragement.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Ah, no worries! Those things can be annoying!
Okay, that is the coolest idea I’ve heard in forever. I think you should write it if you want to! The thing about Robin Hood is that there are a lot of Robin Hood books but not so many retellings, as in making a purposeful (and shocking!) twist to the story. I can only think of one R…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
THANK YOU 🙂 🙂
I know, the Chessy and Manly scenes made me very emotional 😢
And yes, be scared! There is emotional trauma coming for you!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Bye 🙂
@jess-penrose that’s really cool! I can’t even play an instrument, let alone compose music but it sounds like an amazing skill!
(Oh yes, I love Banjo. Henry Lawson not so much, but Banjo is awesome! What’s your favourite poem?)
I have to go now 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m working on my novel and also replying to some of the comments you guys have made.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey! I can’t be on the internet for long but I’ll be around for 1/2 hr.
What you working on? I’m glad you liked it. Its a pretty cool book, I really need to do a reread of it!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Sorry that I haven’t got around to reading these parts yet. I’ve been having internet trouble and Google docs hasn’t been talking to me, but I finally got my own doc to update (Oh, no! I just realised, I forgot to tag you! Eep! There’s an update on my novel, Skredder, which you should be able to see over on my thread). Hopefully I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
No worries, that’s fine! I love answering questions 😀
I actually just wrote a blog post on this, which you can check out if you like. https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/finding-inspiration-for-a-retelling/
I really love writing retellings, I think for the same reason I like reusing and recycling material objects,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Thanks so much for your kind words 😀 It really, genuinely means so much to me!
And guess what! I updated the document, there’s three more chapters now 😀 I’m just experimenting, but let me know if you have to request access again. I don’t think you should need to, but I’m still learning the Google Doc…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I have to disappear now, but I’ll try to compile a list of my favourite Aussie his-fics for you 🙂
@jess-penrose do you read historical? Do you have any Aussie recommendations for Rochellaine?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Then you’ll be getting 50+ emails from KP 😛
I don’t mind out of print his-fic because I use both Librivox and Gutenberg so I might be able to find some on there.
I also went to the library and got out a book on the Civil War and one on the American Revolution. Sure, I’d love a small list.
<p style=”text-align:…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Ah yes, I’ve heard of that sort of thing! Its sounds pretty cool. If I’m only sleeping very lightly I can do that, but not when I’m deeply asleep.
I have had 50+ emails once, but I’d been away for the weekend. However the percentage is still the same. I wake up with ten emails, nine of which are from kp.
But on the days when we…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m back!
Ugh, I know! Nightmares are the worst for plotholes! Never base a story on a dream you’ve had 😀
I was considering a “You know you are a KeePeeFer/KeePer/obsessed person” when you wake up in the morning with fifty emails and forty-nine of them are Kingdom Pen notifications.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’ll probably be done my math by then, so that’ll work out well!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m just finishing off some math and then I’ll be writing again.
- Load More
