Writers' Corner #15

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #15

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 Wow, that was bad. 😛  I only got in 175 words!

How did you do?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine I got 225, but they weren’t very good, I might end up erasing them tomorrow, haha 🙂

Well, I have to go now. Thanks for the word war! 😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @alia
          I’m working on the CC. Poor KaPeeFers. Poor Kay. Poor, poor me… *sigh* Putting my favorite underdeveloped characters into Kingdom Pen…
          Another wonderful day as a writer. :3

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@catwing How’s it going?  I’ll be here for a little bit.

@seekjustice
            I’m back.  Are you around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing So sorry I can’t join you right now! Will you be on tomorrow?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
              @catwing

@rochellaine Okay. I only have a bit of time.
                This is actually the first time have written down a scene with Alice… Kay’s archnemisis. 0.0
                Trying see how everyone reacts to her, and her bopping of their swords and noses. She is supposed to be annoying. 🙂

@jenwriter17
                maybe. It all depends.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I’m just finishing off some math and then I’ll be writing again.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@catwing I love annoying characters!  As long as they’re annoying to the other characters, and not to the reader, of course.  I think they’re really funny. 🙂

However, I haven’t got much experience at writing any kind of antagonists.  My few antagonists that I have invented were pretty boring, in my opinion. 😀  I’m hoping to experiment with some real “bad guys” in my western. *rubs hands together* *chuckles*

But I am famous for my inability to kill or maim any of my characters, good or bad, so I’m going to try very hard to kill at least somebody by the end of my western! 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
                    @catwing

@rochellaine Ditto! Alice is going around acting know-it-all and annoying. One of those crazy villains… *cough*

I think I do okay with my antagonists… I hope.

I killed off Kay’s parents in her prologue. But then I felt bad and made them an epic back story (why chosen kid’s parents are important persons. :P).

Catwing
                      @catwing

@rochellaine good night! It is late!
                        I got a little more done. :3

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@catwing Goodnight!

@seekjustice
                          I’m leaving for about half an hour, then I’ll probably be back for a little while.  I really need to get a little more done tonight. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I’ll probably be done my math by then, so that’ll work out well!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, I’m back!  Are you ready yet?

You know those “you know you’re a writer” things?  Well, I just had one happen a couple of hours ago…

I was reading a story where someone was relating a nightmare he had to one of his friends.  One of the things in the nightmare was a chicken who ran really fast, and that was supposed to be the funny part.  However, I didn’t laugh at the chicken.  What I laughed at was this: In the beginning of the nightmare someone died, and then they showed up alive later in the nightmare.  When the guy’s friend (to whom he was telling the nightmare) asked, “I thought that person died?” the guy answered, “Well, I guess there were some plotholes!”  😀 😀 😀

The fact that there are plotholes in nighmares was much more amusing to me than the fact that the chicken was running fast. 😉  I tried to explain that to my sister, but she wasn’t very impressed.  So I’m telling you, since you’re an author and might get the humor. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I’m back!

Ugh, I know! Nightmares are the worst for plotholes! Never base a story on a dream you’ve had 😀

I was considering a “You know you are a KeePeeFer/KeePer/obsessed person” when you wake up in the morning with fifty emails and forty-nine of them are Kingdom Pen notifications.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Hahaha!  Except, I’m one of those people who can… “lucid dream” I think Warren Luther called it?  If I realize I’m dreaming I can often “write” the dream to go the way I want it to. 😀  But you’re right, the first half of the dream when I didn’t realize I’m dreaming usually has millions of plotholes!

Let it be known that I have never, let me repeat, never, had fifty emails in my mailbox at once! 😛  I’m assuming you are exaggerating the numbers for effect?  Because if you aren’t I’m very jealous of the person who gets such an enormous amount of emails! 😀

I could possibly get fifty emails in one day – though that’s unlikely – but I don’t remember ever having more than 10-15 unread in my mailbox at once.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,010 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >