@esther-c
Active 1 week, 3 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
The worst part is, the character is super fun to write. I could have just killed off a stereotypically ‘good’ character, but it had to be the fun one. I’m so tempted to bring them back, even though it’s against my no-artificial-second-coming policy.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper ohhh the pain…
lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon haha! Fry totally works!!
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
OH NO!!!
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
We think one might fit: Captain Fry. He’s stocky and grumpy, but eloquent when nobody expects it. And he’s suspicious of the Longtreaders at first, which could translate into Gimli’s aversion of elves. His undying loyalty to them once that’s overcome fits well too!
Unfortunately, everyone in my family has a different mental image of…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
There’s a character I’ve really got to kill, but I really don’t want to.

Contrary to popular writer tradition, I’m not just killing them off because it’s more emotional, it’s legitimately required for the plot to work. Pain.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Hey girl! Sorry I couldn’t chat last time :] I’m here now because I have a paper to write off and on tonight.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
You should be fine! I’ve heard that name in other books and projects. Unless it seems like a name with too much of a pop culture association (like Elvis or Hermione, or whatever), there’s no reason not to use it.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Can’t say I loved the Anne of the Island triangle, but I definitely liked it better than what I see in modern stuff.
Evangelistic dating is dating/becoming romantically attached to a lost person with the hope that the relationship will lead them to God. Obviously, not a good udea to go into a relationship like that. It’s not h…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Fantasy Religions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
🙂
Yeah, that might help. And it might not. I personally haven’t gotten tags in months, but I often hop on when I have a free moment and
lurkpatrol around.It’s been a very chatty place recently. As evidenced by the fact that newer KeePers are bumbling about in the guise of Eccentric Mentors and Chosen Ones.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Scrivener Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Fabulous! That helps a lot. Thank you for imparting your wisdom. 🙂
I’ll probably look into getting it later this month.
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Bwahaha! XD You did a great job capturing his personality in the aesthetic.
I saw the shofar/horn and satchel with scrolls and wondered if he served as a messenger, a fitting occupation for a wanderer. On a flip side, if the scrolls were scripture, I thought he might be connected to your world’s True Religion. Maybe friends with a…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Ah okay, very interesting. These next questions may be very random, since they were made on the spot:
Have you ever managed to burn something which everyone deemed unburnable?
Also, if a carrot cake you once burned came to life and asked you why you burned it, what would you tell it?
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
@trailblazer @koshka @the_lost-journal
Yeah, I mean once you’ve repented and been forgiven, the Bible says that as far as the east is from the west, so far has God removed our transgressions from us. If He’s not thinking about it anymore, why should I?
Amen! This is what C.S. Lewis said: “I think that if God forgives us we must forgive our…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
What is the name of the Son? 😉
Jesus! Or if we want to be technical, we can go with the original ישוע (Yeshua).
The trinitarian formula comes from Jesus’ words in Matthew 28:18, when He tells the disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Some people (I don’t know if you’re one of them?) would say tha…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
You are dead on with all of those!
You are right on most of those. He is curious, loves to whittle, is a wanderer, and can fight well.
What did you mean by a “messanger/somehow connected to the clerical/Levitical circle”?
Oh yes, he is a strategist. (Hence, he loves chess)
Yes! He is more of a found family…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
That is amazing!… But I don’t think you have to show me… with your tongue and all.
*Huntress snickers, Scout gives her an annoyed look*
Wow… That is funny that I asked that! Huh? Are they good parents?
Huntress: Our mother was pretty great, especially since it’s not just us and we have seven older brothers. Our father…..…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
(Can I ask Carrot Cake this question?)
If you, Carrot Cake, made carrot cake, would it be a burnt carrot cake since you like fire so much?
-
Beth replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m going to pick one of my characters that would really hate interviews and make him answer the questions. Mwehehe.
1. What is your full name?
“I only go by Everett…”
2. What is the most important thing the average person should know about you?
“Why should they know?”
3. What is your body language right now? [Describe them in the interview,…
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Vyette, what does a normal morning look like for you? Does your family allow you to make important decisions yet?
Barnes, what is your most embarrassing moment?
[Pauses, as if deciding to skip over a few things]
“I get angry when I’m embarrassed, and I was furious when my parents put me in the school district pageant. They wanted…[Read more]
- Load More
