-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Y’all, I have had a happy realization. Two old/side projects of mine fit so we’ll together I might mash them into something new. XD Kingdom of Shadows is a sort of allegory seasoned with not-magic while Areth is a little more ancient and more folk lore esq than medieval fantasy. I’ve wanted to work on something along these veins, to try a smaller…[Read more]
-
Esther posted an update 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Guyssss, I am not active enough on here and I miss chatting with y’all 😭🫶🏻 I’m gonna do my best to be popping in here more frequently 🙂↕️ (Any RP suggestions??)
How are you all doing?? How’s life and writing going??
(tagging, but if I didn’t tag you it means I forgot, not that I don’t want to hear from you XD) -
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
If I find anymore, I’ll let you know. Idk if any of these are what you’re looking for, and they all have very different vibes.
- Pieces by Rob Thomas
- Message in a Bottle by Livingston
- The Last Goodbye, an end credit song from The Hobbit
Yes, I know the last one you probably read and doubted me, but hearing the lyrics, I…[Read more]
-
Power changed their profile picture 6 months, 4 weeks ago
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Never Love an Anchor – The Crane Wives
I think this one fits what you described best maybe but also I will share some bonus songs.
Eleanor – Samuel Lim
you would love it here – quiet thrill, Joel Ansett
Pull – Joel Ansett
Honeybee – Steam Powered Giraffe
Hope at least one of those are helpful:]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
well not cool for the character that dies but still lol
Not entirely sure why this was so funny to me, but congratulations on making me snort-laugh.
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Nobody try to assassinate me please, but I think I might have just maybe reconfigured a certain sci-fi book out of YA and into upper middle-grade/young youth and it is so beautiful now and everything works so shockingly well I might be replotting the whole thing. Maybe. If I go with it.
It is really beautiful.
*Hysterical laughter*
But I also…[Read more] -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Huntress
Gabriel fought with the creature for a minute as I tried my best to avoid being struck by them both.
It was clear that we were at a distinct disadvantage–it could sense us through the fog, whether it was using sight, or hearing, or something else weird like infrared sense.
“You said we gotta go for the tail?” I asked.
Gabriel…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Ah. I see it is not about dying early though. Hmm.
Pioneers by 4 King and Country? It’s not tragic though it’s about facing the estrangements of time. My family loves it.
Other folkies probably have more fitting suggestions. I’ll keep on the look out, though.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
If one dies, I say See You Again by Grey Havens. It’s a theme for several relationships in my books. Deeply comforting, focusing on the the “there wasn’t time for etc.” regret. I personally love the Autumn Sessions version, but there’s not really a difference.
Not entirely tragic, but absolutely possibly applicable, is Carry…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
@ellette-giselle ooooo that sounds like an intriguing story!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 6 months, 4 weeks ago
I think I do have your email! I’ll hunt down the doc and send it then. XD Old etiquette is interesting.
I wasn’t sure which so went with the first impression. XD Makes sense though. He didn’t look entirely feminine, but I am unfamiliar with anime. I can tell with elves/LotR because of exposure to Saxon culture, but outside…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
I might be able to help kinda. I second Loopy’s question about what kind of tragic, and also, what type of music? More gentle (piano, violin, gentle guitar vibes) or upbeat (pop type I guess? Idk, steady, catchy beat.)
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
@ellette-giselle I have plenty of music. Specifically what kind of tragic?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
@ellette-giselle I wish I did, but my music listening is…not that varied admittedly.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 months, 4 weeks ago
@ellette-giselle Thanks!
I saw some artist/writer on the internet who said “Aren’t we all just God’s OCs?” and I was like “wait a minute that actually kinda makes sense. but does that mean Jesus was the self-insert protagonist?”
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 7 months ago
I’ll look forward to hearing how it goes! I should be able to try my hand at calligraphy again soon, and it will be more fun when someone else is doing it. 🙂
Oooh that sounds nice! Yes, I think that’s what I meant. Have you seen the glass pens too? They’re so pretty!
Yes, I have!! They are. I’d love to try one. They look lik…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 7 months ago
Well, I like it. XD It’s lovely. But I can understand feeling a self portrait didn’t capture yourself accurately. I’ve done that before. But the framing and everything seems to have worked out very well. The freckles may be darker than in real life, but you choose what to emphasize with art. As it is, they help capture personality. 🙂
Also,…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 7 months ago
Oh, and Rya redraw ig.

- Load More

@esther-c Heyyyy!! Sorry I didn’t respond to this yet! So happy to hear from you though!
I’m going through sort of a difficult season with some anxiety and just feeling a lot of uncertainty in my relationship with God, but thankfully recently I think I’m getting better and really starting to see Him working in this, so that’s been really cool! I…[Read more]
Hiii!
Awww, that’s hard 🥺 But I’m glad you’ve seen Him working through this! 💕 I’ll be praying for you 🫶🏻
Nooo, I totally get that. I’ve been starting to realize that right now is just a preparation time for me as an author. Like, there’s no rush to get published young, so it’s looking like I’m going to wait on jumping into the publishing worl…[Read more]
HI ESTHER <333
HI SARAAAA
I have been so bad about keeping up with posts here 😭 How are you doing??
I’m doing okay! I’ve been busy with school and volleyball! And I’m currently leading a Bible study with my friend, so God is totally working through us. It’s hard because I feel burnt out, exhausted and sad a lot–still walking through lots of grief. But I’m trying to trust God for every day. I can’t believe I’m a senior!
How are you?